Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rulebook Heavily posted:

A demon army starting at 1850 points ends up at almost 4000 points. Game is decided basically at random.

But demons! Oh so fluffy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

You trawl with a net but you troll with a fishing pole. The boat is in motion for both fishing activities but the gear is different. Nobody says troll though it's always trolling.

" We don't know were the bait fish are today so no mooching, we will be trolling for salmon"

"That commercial fisherman is trawling for shrimp"

(Mooching is fishing with bait while the boat is drifting. Usually over a school of small fish.)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well one more marine to absorb a wound in the devastor group would be the first thing I'd do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

adamantium|wang posted:

So I'm not just blind? We can really place barrage blasts on the bottom floor of a multi-level piece of terrain now?

Delayed blast fuses are a thing so why not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

What kind of doctor uses wrenches? Not even a mad one

And how do you tighten on bolt-on appendages? Of course docs use wrenches.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I was thinking of going with this Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179741323/battle-dog-and-pug
*His latest update has the lowered turret, which looks much better.*

But the 3-pack it is the same price as 20% off real Leman Russ tanks. It looks like these are about 1.5cm shorter and the turret is like 3x bigger. It matches the aesthetic of the Light Tank's original sprite more than the GW one but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger or not. GW kits come with like 3 turrets but this one has 5, so that is nice..

Looks like a super derby Cromwell.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Give a VP for killing your own unit on accident. Exclude psychic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

RCross posting my 3rd tourney list I actually did good with. Andy Chambers signed it too. Woo woo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kaysette posted:

Please post this on dakka then crosspost all the PMs you get.

e: hot drat, speaking of dakka: this old chestnut is currently on their front page and needs to go in the OP.

Xe never mentioned its sex... He he

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The one simple trick I found for superior arms to body connecting with metal to plastic or really any combination is to drill a shallow dimple into the arm and apply the glue into the dimple before placing it on the shoulder.

I feel that flat on flat is too easy to sheer off.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 4, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SRM posted:

It's only 1 point but I can probably think of a better way to spend 10 points in an IG army. It just says "he may tike items from the ranged weapons list" and nothing about replacing anything.

All of the metal IG are great models; the only ones that haven't aged well are a few of the officers like Al'Rahem who have really goofy 2nd ed poses. Those are some of the Perry bros' best works, and I absolutely adore them. I kind of want to get some Tallarn and paint them like Genestealer cult, but I've got enough metal Cadians to work through first.

I use my knife to score every point where plastic and metal connect. It gets a stronger bond that way.

If you ever want to do your cadians for some tallarans send me a pm.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cadians rock
I love my boys

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SRM posted:

I love that paunchy officer, but cutting off his cool shotgun is a crime.

Yeah I kept looking for that option in the last codex but nooooope. So I just cut it off and made him no-option Wizzywig.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah I pinned this squad. And magnetized the guns. With a hand drill.

Sturdy as gently caress though. Already been tipped over a few times.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

HiveCommander posted:

Who needs rending when your only sniper is a Vindicare? :smug:
Speaking of which, some people on the internet are adamant that the Vindicare's Deadeye is worded in such a way that it sidesteps Look Out Sir. I know the old FAQ stated that Vindicares ignored it, but GW are terrible and deleted all the old (but still relevant) stuff in the previous one which sucks.

Aren't chainswords AP5 or 6 though? Not that it matters against most armies, but it's something :shrug:

You are thinking quit a few versions back when they were like -1 or -2 to armor save. Now it's just a criminally alternative term for close combat weapon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AbusePuppy posted:

I actually used Repentia as Priests/Banishers for a fair while, since I like the concept (if not quite as much the models) a lot. Sadly, like most other things in that book, they are fairly terrible.

Yeah me too. This kind of irritates me they removed the option.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SRM posted:

No they shouldn't, it was butt garbage. It was really punishing to certain armies (Marines, but especially Deathwing, Ravenwing, or other good-save/low-model builds) and didn't matter one iota to others. Reducing your save by 1 would be novel, but pretty much unheard of in post-2nd ed 40k.

Yeah the excuse of -1 being too complicated was always stupid. I'm looking at the third ork codex and man you'd need a flow charts and some notes on who had choppas and not just close combat weapons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Terrible. Why would you ride a typical horse when you could be riding a throbbing cock with cat legs?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeaaaaah I might have to buy some stuff....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

IG is always needed...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Woh woh woh! This is not the time to pull back. If you are gonna go creep you need to go full blown creeper. Tell us about your plans to covert anime up skirt girl statues into walkers.

Seriously whatever yer ok in my book.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I've always worked harder for my female bosses. Subconsciously I must of felt like I was going to get some if just do a good enough job. Perhaps that's the way IG would work with female commissars.

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!

We need a full blown nazi army to distract us from this heinous crime of adding some other chromosome mixes to our armies.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Esser-Z posted:

They're both... overpriced? Beyond that, yeah, really not a good comparison.

So. Anyone selling any Tau stuff? I'm looking to scrape together a Farsight Enclave force.

I would sell off my small tau army email me at azutler at the good ol gmail. It's just taking up space.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Post 9-11 User posted:

Spent a couple days repeatedly vomiting after my fiance's latest screaming meltdown in a two month long series of meltdowns she had. Right after our anniversary, before her birthday she said she cheated on me, so I was going to put my brain on the outside of my dome. Between that and the lovely police not lifting a finger against: 1) people trying to extort hundreds of dollars from my elderly father, 2) someone destroyed my cargo trailer which was my one ticket out of here, 3) my neighbor issuing death threats, 4) same neighbor attacking Hannah when I wasn't around to break his bones. Police said it's "harassment" and to call them if he hurts or kills anyone (doesn't matter that I have him on video saying he is going to put my family six feet under, et cetera).

I had had my fill, was actually just waiting for the neighbors to do something other than be fat screaming mutants and maybe leave the building for once. I didn't want my body to be immediately disturbed by greasy pigs investigating it. Was going to manually trigger a 9mm round into my skull, was moderately concerned that something would go wrong and it would take many hours to perish.

It's been a lousy Spring. Turns out she didn't cheat, I'm out of here anyway. Going to do some fishing and hang out with real friends at a music festival. Sorry for being a fat gay babby. :shrug:

I was dead set on offing myself but was nagged by the thought, "I want to paint my dumb space horse cavalry." Life cannot get any more stupid than this. I was excited about painting again, finally made enough space in the apartment for my painting station, instead have to pack up my poo poo and escape.

Pretty deep dude.

Well what cavalry are you painting? I got a ten horse unit of deth corps I'm too scared to paint.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BULBASAUR posted:

Wait, GW actually made/licensed a movie?

Yeah and the average bangbus video shoot had a better plot and character development.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thundercracker posted:

In terms of return, Gamesday was probably an exceptional marketing tool. It really is a bad sign since the only logical reason to shut it down is they're trying everything under the sun to cut costs.

It's like if your company took away free coffee from the office. A cost saving line item yes, but a really bad move still (free coffee has been shown to be one of the cheapest, most effective way to increase efficiency in drones).

My armored car company did that for a few months.

Management still threw away their stale bagels in the break room garbage can.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

krushgroove posted:

You wouldn't have gotten a commission, though, would you? I can't imagine any game/comic/card shop would pay commission.

And that could be why I've never been impressed by g/c/c employee. Sure I've seen competent and recklessly pushy employees but mostly tired ,bored couldn't give a gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

Is it even possible to find original squats anymore?

I too am happy, it can replace the 6th edition mini rulebook I never actually got to use. Gonna stick with Dark Angels as a tiny allied force though.

I own three plastic squats unpainted mostly on the sprue and three to four unmodiefed metal models. Not sure what to do with them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It almost appears to be a condition of having that job that you don't actually know what the inter net is and live in a basement and having crippling social anxiety so you don't bother to go out and actually play the game.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

i spent a grand on forge world last month thanks for bringing it up

And how much on personal hygiene products?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ineptmule posted:

Yessssssssss

Edit: I love the little skulls under the guns. What are those wing-shield things called anyhow? It's sort of like a pavise, maybe?

Literally it's a gun shield.

In the highly unlikely event that anyone does... I'm looking for two old school Cadian radio operators.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I once met Edward Meese (please to be recognized) and told him I knew him from an old episode of Bloom County that had a nuclear armed basselope called an "Edward Meese Peace Piece". He was not amused.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

If anyone in fremont CA or nearby wants the space wolves including the special character I'd be willing to sell mine. I suppose i would ship it too.

Need to make a thread for my dark vengeance models and Krieg death riders too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Sisko posted:

I'd be down for dragongaze and maybe the grey hunters and I'm local.

What's a fair price for the HQ, Grey Hunters and terminators? All I've been seeing is pounds being thrown around.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Sisko posted:

I probably pay 15-20 for krom. I don't know how customizable the termies are so probably 20ish and probably another 20 for the hunters. :shrug:

They are straight up the real deal models and not two piece click togethers like dark vengeance.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My buddy painted this back in 93 or
It's his librarian.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What does this mean then.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Those new paint job studio grey hunters have a few dudes armed with bolters and chainswords. But i dont see any bolt pistols and chainswords. Hrm.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fix posted:

Don't sweat it.

That sucks. So effectivly losing an attack on the charge and every round after but you get an extra attack on being charged. I guess all good things must come back down to earth.

Yeah they are marginally different than regular marines now. I doubt they will remove the two special weapon option so thats the only reason to take them over regular squad.

Whole lot of people are gonna be pissed about having to remodel their now illegally geared troops. poo poo is bananas.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

JerryLee posted:

Oh, huh, so it's now standard that the "sergeant" in the unit is a wolf guard pack leader, rather than that being a special wolf guard rule?

Orks are looking pretty drat good right about now. They at least dont have a dumbshit floating viking airship....

• Locked thread