Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Hot Love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Slimnoid posted:

I SEE THAT loving MONKEY IN THE CASE

:black101:

I love the inquisitor in the yellow hat. I'm curious if it's a proxy army, or if you can take an almost entirely jokero fource.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Those are some cool devastators, but what's going on with your bases?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

SRM posted:

Thanks! But what do you mean? They're just resin bases from Dragonforge.

Maybe it's just the perspective, but I think they look abnormally tall. They don't look bad or anything, it's just off enough to my eyes that I can't stop noticing it.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
What makes loctite really nice is that the gel is easier to apply without getting it everywhere. Maybe there's some trick to liquid superglue like "use a toothpick" or something that I never picked up though.

It is expensive, but when you stop buying GW models you can afford to splurge on the nicer stuff.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Drake_263 posted:

I had a lot of fun painting these guys. Aside from the bikers, most of them are second-hand rescue marines gotten for cheap/free, stripped and repainted; I particularly love the Command Squad and its selection of old metal veterans. These old minis have a lot of character, and the dumpy little ancient Apothecary in particular warms the core of my cold and black heart.

Those are all quite pleasing to the eye, but the power fists especially stand out to me as looking great.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Verranicus posted:

Cool! Thank you. Somewhat related, but does anyone here have a subscription to the vault on miniwargaming? They seem to keep a lot of the coolest batreps and other videos on there but I'm not sure if it's worth paying out for or not.

I have one, but I will cancel it before it comes up for renewal this month. I'm just tired of their stuff (gw games in general really), but if you like the free videos the paid ones are just more of the same so I would recommend it.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok fine. I'm inconsistent. Now get out.

I want to hear ham stories and see pretty paint jobs. Got no loving clue what you are getting out of this.

Jesus Christ dude, just shut up already. No one likes you and you should feel bad. I'm sure as hell not coming into this thread hoping to see people complain that other people want to complain about the game warhammer 40k in the warhammer 40k thread. I read this thread for discussion of warhammer 40k, both the good and the bad parts of it. If you want the thread to be more positive about how loving awesome 40k is, post about why 40k is awesome.

TheChirurgeon, I'm going to hit you up for those house rules. Do you find that it makes the game take longer with that turn structure, and if so, does having more to do help to offset the extra time? It seems like a real advantage would be that you're always engaged and not just rolling saves while checking facebook as the other guy shoots your stuff off the field for half the game.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LordAba posted:

that supplement that let's you do the 7 Samurai.

Tell me more.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Do they train a bunch of dirt farmer former imperial citizens to resist the invading imperial guard force?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Blood Boil the King Burster :(

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Nevermind, no one is surprised or should care about how batshit insane GW pricing is. Carl, thanks for shutting down the IC podcast. Without your infectious enthusiasm, I've completely stopped caring about 40k and have stopped giving GW money.

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 21, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
My plan for that model is to keep it on my shelf, mostly. When I want to bring it somewhere, I'll magnetize the base and put it in it's own firm box, standing on a metal plate. As long as the leg attachment point doesn't snap, it should be fine. And that joint is surprisingly sturdy.

Also, nice painting! I've been too intimidated to start on mine.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LingcodKilla posted:

Sure I'll take a gander and give you an offer. PM or azutler at the gmail.

Move to Washington and take all of my unbuilt crap.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
When I play on mine (still unpainted), I say "wheeee!" As the metal models ride down the hills. If it were AoS I could probably get rerolls for that.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Thanks Ghosthand, you made my day.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

SRM posted:

I like how no two games have had melta guns operate the same way, but GW's given the okay on every single portrayal. In Space Marine they were a shotgun, in Eternal Crusade they're essentially a damage over time flamethrower-type weapon, in Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion they just shoot one big chunky shot, and in DoW 1 they're an endless stream of damage, often with curiously long range. I'm not sure I've even read consistent portrayals of them in books.

Is EC any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
You've got over a year. It's September 2017

• Locked thread