Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

SRM posted:

I have a crappy digital camera from about 2004. 4 megapixels, no more. It's all about good lighting. If you just adjust the levels of that last picture in Photoshop or Gimp or Picasa or whatever you'd be golden.

I took a shot at it. Better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

serious gaylord posted:

All of the FAQ's are up. *

* Except Tyranids

Edit: All the Ork Weirdboy powers are gone, and Weirdboys are now just psykers that can only use demonology. :orks101:

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 27, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

pretend they are so good at throwing they threw them from orbit days ago and are just arriving now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4IksO9FGQ

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Daedleh posted:

This one:

Doesn't the big wrench thing mean he's a Mek?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

Hell yeah! While they're no longer officially "the best" Space Marine army, Salamanders are awesome and have so much more character than other chapters. I need to go find my Drop Pod and get it fixed up since they score now.

Why are they no longer "the best"? Is it the change to what things get twin linked when you take Vulkan?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Slimnoid posted:

Meltas are no longer twin-linked, and thunder hammers lost mastercrafted.

But are they still the coolest space bros?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

ANAmal.net posted:

Honestly I'm willing to accept that the guy just google image searched "cool army skull" or something and went with the first result. I mean, it's clearly the Totenkopf skull there, but I wouldn't assume that dude is a full-retard Nazi based just off that.

Can I interest you in an Ork flyer w/ Iron Cross?

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/portfolio-items/dakka-jet-with-goff-rockers/ :orks101:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

AgentF posted:

Stormfrontline Gaming

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/portfolio-items/40k-white-scars-space-marines/

That's fine, I guess.

They really put the White in White Scars.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

starkebn posted:

It says pretty clearly in the wiki article you linked that totemkompf just means "deathshead" as used by pirates, old prussian units, nazis, some american troops, pretty sure other military units (especially special forces) etc. I'd give them benefit of the doubt rather than rolling out my 'Jump to Conclusions' mat straight away.

Hey man, take a look at the tail of the flyer on the above link, tell me what you think.

Actually, moved it to Imgur.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

krushgroove posted:

Game$ Work$hop Sucks - check
Eldar Rape Diorama - check
Black-skinned Salamanders - check
Fascist Symbol Discussion - check

What else are we missing in this thread?

Vomit Marines? :vomarine:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The Orks only use one hashtag.

#WAAAGH! :orks101:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Irate Tree posted:

Enough with "depressing poo poo time" - it's now "cool poo poo time!"

This is for Ausgoons in particular; I've seen these guys before but haven't looked at them for several months.
Imagine my surprise to see-

All made of wood and cheap as!

Also, because it's terrain too, linky!

I dig the "Storm Penguin" there. Also, in a coming soon thing, they showed the TornaDodo:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Probably not the craziest thing written on the walls there.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Sistergodiva posted:

How horrible are X25 stealth suits for the Tau? I found 2 boxes unopened really cheap.

They're a lot better with the change to burst cannons, and can take marker drones. I believe they work really well with Shadowsun, as well. Only having the one wound hurts them in comparison to XV8's though.

Basically, they can be good, but you need to have a plan for them.

AbusePuppy posted:

If you like Fire Warriors and are going to be starting off with some smaller games, a Cadre Fireblade is actually a pretty solid choice- he comes with a BS5 Markerlight, the Split Fire rule, and when sitting with a squad of FW in the backfield, he drastically increases their firepower.

The Fireblade is the leader of the Pulse Parade - He makes static FW able to put out a positively grim number of shots, and has a markerlight, which is the best gun in the codex.

Drake_263 posted:

Also, the Tau Battlesuit Commander 'official' model is the Finecast one that looks like a bigger beefier XV8 - This guy - but nothing prevents you from just taking a 'spare' XV8 and painting him as a Commander. The difference is literally in that the Finecast model is wearing special XV8-05 'Enforcer' armor - if you're fine with a commander in 'regular' XV8, you can do fine with just a plastic model. (Of course that doesn't mean you can't bling him up a little!)

My commander is a standard XV8 that lost an arm after a series of hillarious losses to Orks. I named him Commander One-Arm and left it at that. It's good to be able to tell your HQ from your other suits.

Drake_263 posted:

Just to clarify, it's mentioned in the codex, but battlesuits mark their rank with helmet paint. 'Regular' shas'ui Crisis pilots (sergeant equivalents for fire warriors, actually) have helmet painted the same color as the rest of the suit, with sept markings in the usual color on the top. Shas'vre (Crisis sergeants) have helmets painted with solid sept color. Finally, Shas'o (Commanders) have helmets painted with their sept color, with 'inverted' sept markings done in the same color the rest of the suit is painted with.

Or paint your spacemen however, but making your squad leaders and HQ units visibly distinct is important. The specifics end up being a lot like Tyranid wargear, where the other player points at a space monster, lists all the glands or whatever it has, and nobody else remembers or knows what they do.

Tau actually seem to get that a lot, too. "Oh, their anime magic lets the shoot flyers at BS4 this round? Is that legal? Weird."

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 4, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From the GBS thread - but awesome:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Esser-Z posted:

More Crisis suits. You always need more Crisis suits.

I really like Crisis suits. :colbert:

Look into your heart, you know this to be true.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Cataphract posted:

I was always a fan of the Tzeentch cube daemon army

I absolutely love this army.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

counts-as Celestine and make a corrupted Adepta Sororitas ally contingent

This is the most hilarious and expensive option, but it would REALLY irritate people. I see that as a plus.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hollismason posted:

If I ever make terrain I will be stealing this idea.

It's to bad that you didn't go with the obviously superior choice

http://www.scientificsonline.com/mirror-madness.html

That goes on top of a Slaneshi Pleasure Bastion.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Model a rhino up to have a bunch of speakers or whatever on it, put the player inside. Play when they disembark.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A cadre fireblade is pretty good if you plan to have the FW sit still at any point.

Ion cannon hammerheads can be pretty handy, as can broadsides.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

drgnvale posted:

A really big booster rocket.

:jeb: Also struts!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Scrunt starter pack.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

Welp there goes my hobby budget for a while. AdMech? Hold on one... Sec... :homebrew:

Haha you were JUST talking about needing something to paint, too.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So, Sisters of Battle are too expensive to actually field, I hear.

Sisters go $79 US for 10. The new scions box are $35 for 5. I guess sisters aren't too overpriced now? Then again, I guess the sculpts are from the 80's, and still use the same molds.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Moola posted:

theyre going to re-do sisters soon and theyre going to look shite arent they... :smith:

Right after squats and zoats.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PantsOptional posted:

If you want to say a gravcannon with amp is 35 points, just say that instead of saying that it's "7 melta bombs."

Just find a one point item/upgrade.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Lord Twisted posted:

Stormtalons are now 115pts with Skyhammers, Sternguard are 115pts for a base squad, Scouts have WS4 BS4.

23 Melta Bombs.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

I don't really want to be that guy but this Formation is super solid and doesn't require all that much buy-in. I'd been meaning to pick up some Assault and Devastator Marines anyway (I just have a boatload of Tacticals and Sternguard) and I think this is just the thing to go for.

Painting some power armor will be a change of pace.

This seems like it would look best if it was painted as a different chapter from than your primary marines. You should paint them up as "definitely Ultramarines" allies to your Salamanders.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Metallic purple.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Milotic posted:

Would it be morally and socially acceptable to paint Khorne Bezerkers Macragge Blue? I'm going for two main colour schemes in my army (blue for fast attack and troops, purple for stuff wot blows other stuff up). This is to represent two renegade chapters joining forces. But I love taking zerkers as troop choices but I don't want to paint them the traditional colours so my army is consistent and also for the sake of mah narrative. I figure if Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, he's probably pretty chill about what the stylish bloodcrazed murderer is wearing this year.

I'm probably going to do the same for Plague Marines (though I might just proxy normal troops since I'm not the biggest fan of the models for Plague Marines, even less so for the Death Guard colour scheme)

If you're really worried about it, paint a shoulderpad on each to indicate what's what.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Master Twig posted:

And the Skavtari...

Squeektari :colbert:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Moola posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

BULBASAUR posted:

welp

From BOLS

I have to ask... how's the reaction to this image there?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Post 9-11 User posted:

The model costs $3,000 and does not include the special-edition SquatScrunt that must be purchased separately.

Corrected.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's too much to hope that they just drop the IP on FFG to make an X-Wing clone, but with 40k, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Or, even more hilarious - license the BF:G IP for a space sim.

WAAAAAAAUUUGH GITIZEN?

• Locked thread