Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

HI I'M THE ORKS GUY HOW ARE ORKS DOING ARE THEY UPDATING ORKS? WHAT IS SEVENTH EDITION LIKE FOR ORKS

K THANKS SEE YOU IN ANOTHER TEN YEARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Every time I check back here it seems like warhammer is getting less balanced and more stupid. Your codex has been replaced with a new codex where everything you bought over the last ten years is bad but now you can buy new things we'll nerf in a few years.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I don't think they can make them good again, because the assault rules are terrible and now people can flamer my orks when they're in Trukks/Battlewagons.

Are you making GBS threads me

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cataphract posted:

pah. I think being able to flame open topped vehicles and the insides of buildings is rad as gently caress. If you're running trukk boyz you should have a whole bunch of trukks rocketing across the board who cares if you lose a handful to some flamers.

Except for that's retarded, because 12 trukk boys can't do poo poo in close combat.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They already were, dude, in a situation where 12 slugga boyz are charging 10 eldar guardians I would rather be the eldar guardians. How hosed up is that.

Now you're telling me even if I got my vehicles into the enemy backline without blowing up [no mean feat all by itself], there's STILL no guarantee that I'll have full-strength squads when I hit the assault phase.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ah, ok, so you're saying that the solution to my army getting crippled is buying even more orks? :monocle: YOU DON'T SAY?

Oh, no, that's okay, I didn't enjoy using elites or fast attack units anyway :smith: Who needs anti-tank in an edition when I can just shoot flamethrowers at my enemy's vehicles and -

oh?

Oh, only MY vehicles can take damage like that?

YOU DON'T SAY?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 26, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

IF ONLY GAMES WORKSHOP SAW FIT TO INCLUDE A NEW $125 ORK TRANSPORT WHICH IS CLOSED-TOP BUT HAS AN ASSAULT RAMP! WOULDN'T THAT BE KOOKY YOU GUYS

edit: and wouldn't it be funny if it only held 6 orks? gently caress 'em, right?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 26, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I've got 2 trukks, 2 wagons and 3 buggies and i've got enough loving vehicles thank you very much. But it sure fucks up my wagon full of shoota boyz, who actually appreciated the option of hanging out in their transport for a couple turns and not getting obliterated instantly like all the rest of my troops choices. I've been running hard boyz and MANZ in the two trucks because 12 boyz in T-shirts literally never accomplished anything ever. So now a single heavy flamer pointed in the window can roast 100 points of hard boyz without even NEEDING to draw their anti-vehicle weapons, and now those are free to shoot at my meganobz.

The point of meching up is that even though your vehicles were PROBABLY going to get wrecked, sometimes they wouldn't, and that squad would be ready to kick some rear end. It was literally my army's armor save. Now we can't even count on that.

The overkill thing is neat, but it should have already been that way for the last five years. Sorry if i'm not super stoked that I got a couple of my power klaw hits back, but you're basically asking me to thank them for removing their boots from my testicles and stomping somewhere else.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cataphract posted:

but if it's wagons full of shootas they'll be 18 inches away from the guys with the flamers... and like I said, a heldrake's a heldrake. They're nasty in any situation but, they'll get d6 hits against the occupants of a wagon which is at most 36 points of shoota boys a turn. presuming it kills the full 6 every turn it only makes its cost back after turn 5.

Oh is it only d6? That's much more reasonable than what I was picturing.

Cuz you know us orks, we like to actually squeeze all of the models onto the vehicle if we can. I was picturing a flamer template which hit basically everything in the vehicle.

I'm just a grumpy gus because my army was at a pretty reasonable power level when I first started and I got to slowly watch it become a joke. If they make warpheads not suck it'll go a long way for me. My dual warphead HQ loadout was one of the the most unpredictable ways one could forfeit a game of warhammer.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 26, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah i'm mostly nervous b/c my main WH homie is a tyranid player and I got to watch his new codexes continually gently caress his poo poo up.

edit: did you not read my posts, raphus? I stopped taking normal trukk boys long ago. But unless I run an all-mega armor army, SOMETHING fragile is going to be in vehicles. Especailly the wagons.
Don' be raggin' on my list, you don't know me.

this list used to do really well. :mad: They just keep changing the rules in ways that make it worse. That's a pretty reasonable thing to get grumpy about.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 26, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

Took better pictures (with cleaned up bases and drilled barrels):

Fuegen, I totally stole your eye lens painting method of dotting the corners with white. It makes them look so much better, my god, why did I never do it before?

Also, regarding the :siren:goon project:siren:, if you need someone to rewrite the entire Tyranid codex let me know. I'm still going to play the hell out of 7th Edition, but I always enjoy contributing to these types of things.

Your stupid ugly salamanders have dumb impeccable lustruous tasty armor.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

jng2058 posted:

crashed Rok

I posit that a Rok cannot crash - it can only land.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There has never been a better time for GW to take the "all orks are psykers" bit of fluff to heart.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like it but I think it would really pop with a judiciously-applied warm color. Maybe some red or yellow on his shuriken gun?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

adamantium|wang posted:

I guess its indicative of how useful they were last time around that I am surprised that Flashgitz are base 3A. Looks like they finally got a halfway decent gun now.

If all proper Orks have 'Ere We Go! that'll go a long way to helping them out.

Haven't they always been base 3A? They're nobs.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I made a squad of flash gitz, because i was having fun converting them and my normal nob squad was getting confusing and time-consuming to track. Even I never really used them much. :[

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I used the black orcs armor and various cobbled-together weapons. Lemme see if I have any pictures of them around here.

edit: I do not. I"ll try and take a couple, but the lighting in here is terrible and my phone camera is super retarded.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 31, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sorry about the bad photos, conditions are not superb for them in here.

This was a very experimental squad, as it was relatively early in my converting career. I had done a squad-wide stormboyz conversion before but most of the rocket packs followed a pretty similar design. With the flashgitz i just wanted to go wild and play with my bitz a little. There was a painboy too, but he was just the standard pewter painboy with the buzzsaw and the syringe.

Figures they have heavy armor and that's not a thing for flash gits anymore. What is standard cover save nowadays, 4 or 5+?

I have a badrukk too, but he's on my desk at work right now. If I find a picture of him i'll upload it, he's fully converted from the AOBR warboss.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 31, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The new shock attack gun looks like it's literally the old one but with electricity effects added to the spinny part. Everything else about that model looks identical.

And where are you getting 'new mad dok'? There aren't any mad doks in this photo.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What kind of doctor uses wrenches? Not even a mad one

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If the job can't be done with a syringe bolted onto the end of a powerklaw, the job ain't worth doing.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Woh woh woh! This is not the time to pull back. If you are gonna go creep you need to go full blown creeper. Tell us about your plans to covert anime up skirt girl statues into walkers.

Seriously whatever yer ok in my book.

Yeah, those minis aren't particularly heinous. I don't really understand the need to go out of your way acquiring female authority figures for your miniatures war game, and I feel like it probably implies some kind of underlying psychological thing, but who are we to judge? I like to paint my orks with luscious pearlescent colors because GIVE ME ATTENTION, I AM A SNOWFLAKE

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ehh, they can still only shoot 36", so they won't gel with mechanized orks. I used to try and make kannons work but most of the fights happened in the enemy deployment zone and there just wasn't a lot for them to shoot at.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Does anyone know anything about how weirdboyz are going to work in the new codex? I have two of them that I've lovingly converted and I would just be tickled pink if they turned out to not be the worst psykers in the game anymore.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's a motif of indian gods which I actually find pretty cool. Not that the overall design of slaaneshi stuff is good, mind you.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Holy poo poo, that painboy is like 2nd edition ugly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ramshackle was the best part of playing orks, no question about it. The fact that an opponent could fire on your manz trukk and send it careening deep into his own lines by random chance was so incredible and fun.

I'm really sad now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Why do half of you even play the loving game? Every month it's just more 'GW is poo poo' and 'the game is ruined'. This is an awfully expensive hobby especially if you're not even loving enjoying yourself. Instead of staring in impotent rage at GWs poo poo rules, why don't you play a game with good rules (literally anything else is better than this) or try to actually have fun playing the game without freaking out about how Codex: Orks dragged your dog out back and shot it? If you're going to have fun playing 40k it's going to be in spite of the rules writing, not because of it. Put on power glove and deep strike 10 vanguard veterans in the middle of your enemies army and see what happens (it will be cool). A book of toy rules is not worth being this negative about.

I DON'T play the game. That's why I was hoping a new codex would give me army a little more life in an environment which has grown increasingly unmanageable. I care because I spent a shitload of time and money enjoying this game the first time around and I was hoping to recreate that.

But I can't get any of my friends into 40k because armies cost a million billion dollars now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm still pretty fond of mine. :3:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/06/40k-breaking-ork-codex-rules_22.html

120% in, if this poo poo is true. Tons of point reductions and cheaper weapon swaps are a helluva deal in exchange for the Ramshackle chart (though I will miss it, and I'm pretty certain my group will demand that all of our ork players still use it, anyway). The #1 thing in this whole codex, all the nice/new stuff aside, is the new WAAAAGH! rule: run and charge in the same turn.*

*House-ruling the same thing for all our Tyranid players, because gently caress yeah, galaxy-consuming hunger :unsmigghh:

Also, "Da Krusha" psychic power is Foot of G/Mork :colbert:

I must be reading this wrong, these points values can't be right. what does stuff like "deff dread: 8* points" mean?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm painting squad markings on my warbuggies, and I haven't even seen the 7th edition rules. Can vehicle squadrons still target multiple units with their shooting?

I used to enjoy using 2 teams of a TL-rokkit buggy and a skorcha buggy, and i'd probably mark them as such if I can still use them that way.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Working on a metal weirdboy right now. Whoever came up with this model is a sadistic rear end in a top hat.

Hang in there, man, it looks gorgeous when it's finished. There are some great details on that model.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

loving death rolla nerf.

edit: wait, they took away his +2A on the charge? What the gently caress!??

Warpheads had better be loving fantastic or my army is SOL for HQ units.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 26, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

^ I wish I could get really drunk with you and bitch about this codex ^ :orks:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I actually have been painting those warbuggies finally, will provide pics of them soon. SRM, the time of reckoning is nigh.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

MANZ in general are up and man the models are dope. Also trukk nuts/skulls:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Does anyone know what the minimum squad size for warbuggies is? I have four of them, and I'm not loving converting up another.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I assembled my 5 manz + megaboss for somewhere around 15-25 bucks. Playing orks is the only way I could ever possibly afford this stupid hobby.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It seems like i'm not in horrendous shape, because I had already taken a lot of the terrible units from the last codex that I liked converting. So I've already got tankbustas and stormboyz and flash gitz... But if I had a deff rolla-based army or a bunch of converted cyborks I would be pretty pissed right now.

P.s, I've got 2 squads of boyz - 20 hard boy sluggas and 20 softboy shootas. I bought nobz box to give them squadnobs with kombi weapons, but I'm not sure if I want to go with skorchas for both or kombi rokkit for one of them. [i am aware there is only one kombi skorcha in the box, and I am prepared to convert another if need be.]

Any thoughts on that? Skorchas have always bean super reliable for me, and I have a reasonable amount of anti-tank even with my deff rolla out of commission. But i kind of like the option of having K-rokkits too.

I have another question, because I haven't played 7th edition yet. Do you roll once for your psychic power at the beginning of the game, or do you roll every time you want to cast spells?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There's only two weapons in that section, and the tankbustas entry clearly states that he can take weapons from that section. They wouldn't even write that if he wasn't supposed to get them.

• Locked thread