Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You'd have to eat multiple overwatches. If you're charging into a pile of Tau or something it might be better to just lock up the shooty units and suffer their inconsequential close combat attacks and deal with them another turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Deathmarks might not be bad either, to drop in and blast the Havocs. Also would do good against any deep striking Characters.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

General Olloth posted:

EDIT: Are deathmarks good now? ^^^

Snipers are good in general now. Being able to pick out characters is very powerful, and 6's now do mortal wounds in addtion to the regular wound.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think that was a reference to something but I don't know what it is.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Zuul the Cat posted:

The general consensus is that the new Space Marine Battletome will be the first one out, right? I ended up working out a deal to double up the bigly marine side of Dark Imperium with a local ham for my Death Guard half, and i'm thinking of just not picking up Index 1.

The box set comes with the power levels in the small Primaris rule book, so I could probably just get away with using that, right?

Now I just gotta figure out what chapter to paint them all up as.

It'll probably be a race between Space Marines and Death Guard, they both have kits coming out really soon.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I thought KFFs (and other aura abilities) didn't work while embarked now?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Ah, good! That's better than nothing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Alokgen posted:

One more fancier photo of my clowns for the OP. Only models I have painted so far, I'm afraid.

How'd you do the blue fading into the black?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So I have a box of Necron Destroyers, and 8th edition shows me that Heavy Destroyers are some workhorse tankbusters - I was thinking of converting some Heavy Destroyer guns, anyone got any tips? I am looking at a bunch of spare necron guns and imagining different configurations, maybe with deathmark rifles?

Old destroyers but the idea's about the same:

That's a half a Spyder's Particle Beamer combined with a Tomb Blade's Tesla Cannon. You probably can just stick the the Tesla Cannon onto the end of the regular Destroyer's gun arm, and just stick the normal Gauss tip on the end. You can also just double up on Gauss Cannons.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Close combat and morale are how to do antihorde.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Woah, like....replace both arms with guns...?

That, or glue the guns end to end. I've seen both. I like end to end better as it looks more like the resin version,but you're playing Necrons so no one knows what your guns do anyway.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You're not required to change, though I think the bigger bases look a lot better. There are also companies that sell adaptor rings to expand the old ones without you having to pop them off:

http://eccentricminiatures.com/adapterrings.html

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Corrode posted:

Primaris are going on 32mm, normal Marines are staying on 25mm.

I need to figure out who a) manufactured the resin bases I used for my Marines and b) who made the heads I used for my Guard

I'd guess the bases are Dragonforge and heads are Pig Iron, they were the most popular back in the day. Do you have any pictures?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You only get the 50% obscured if you're a non-Infantry that's completely on a piece of terrain, or from specific impassible pieces like the Space Marine statue. Being partially obscured by Hills and Units no longer matters. LOS blocking terrain is very important this edition.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Man, how the hell did GW leave out a generic demon weapon option for Chaos Lords? Nothing too crazy, but something would've been nice. Goddamn, CSM are so generic now.

However, their rhinos are actually kind of interesting. You can slap on a combi-weapon and a havoc launcher and make a decent little shooting platform. No idea if it's worth the extra points, but it's at least different from the loyalist options.

Aside from the Primaris, none of the armies really got anything that wasn't already available to them in 7th edition. We haven't had generic demon weapons since 4th.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

xtothez posted:

The digital FW Index Xenos preview has readable Dimachaeron rules:

Looks decent, 12" movement was definitely the missing piece from its original rules. Now it doesn't need a pod to stand a chance of charging anything.

Also there's a new Macro weapon type, presumably for Titan arms. Requires the TITANIC keyword to move & fire, can't fire overwatch and doubles damage against TITANIC or BUILDING units.

What's the point of resolving Strength at S14 on a 6+ to wound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I can't find the image everyone's quoting, so hopefully it's a 6+ to hit.

• Locked thread