Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I just want better delivery methods to get my boyz into battle. Although having access to multiple FOC's sounds really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

quote:

If a template weapon hits a building's Fire Point or an Open-Topped vehicle and there is a unit embarked inside that building or vehicle, then in addition to any other effects that unit suffers D6 hits, resolved at the Strength and AP of the weapon. These hits are Randomly Allocated.

Is this real?

If so this is some serious bullshit. It's not like Ork vehicles weren't already a death trap, but now they are one even before they blow up? God I hope the new codex throws Orks a bone.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Mixed feelings on that Ork thing. It's got one thing going for it, it looks like it would be stupidly easy to scratch build one up.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Gonna wait for the codex to hold judgement on the GorkaMork. Are people thinking codex in two weeks or three?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

Re: Orks. Why aren't you skipping transports all together and taking loads of Shoota Boys? I still don't understand why hordes of Shoota Boys aren't a list that is often discussed. That it is not fun at all to paint hasn't stopped Imperial Guard hordes, that it isn't fun to play hasn't stopped other horde players.

Orks want to get into combat. If you foot slog you're getting 7-12 inches a turn with run. Or you can move+flat out a fast vehicle and move 24" or move+flat out a normal vehicle and move 18". This plus be immune to small arms fire until you're cracked.

EDIT: Guard can also gets to make blobs that can bring along effective ranged anti tank. Orks pretty much can't.
EDIT2: Guard can also make bigger blobs than Orks (:psyduck:) which doesn't make a drat bit of sense to me personally.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 26, 2014

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I haven't gotten a copy of 7th yet, can embarked models shoot at a different thing than their transport?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Ha ha ha, why would you EVER take those? Knock 100 points off the price and we'll talk.

EDIT: Are there a bunch of bomb as special rules? Even so 230 points holy crap.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Transport capacity: 6 Orks aren't gonna do poo poo. Maybe you could do some silly stuff with Burnas/Lootas and take a mek or two to let it live longer but without it being an assault vehicle and having no access points the guys inside it are pretty worthless. Plus it's a walker so it's the slowest transport ever.

Guns: It either is shooting crappy anti-armor stuff or slightly less crappy anti-infantry. It's BS2. That awesome gatling gun is heavy 3d6? So an average of 3 or 4 hits per turn. Hot drat!

I like the 13 armor and 5 HP, but it's just not good at anything. No one gives a poo poo about Orks doing massed STR 6 AP 4 shooting because they already have massed STR 7 AP 4 shooting.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Squifferific posted:

It does everything at once, potentially none of it well, and we could see some very, very cool conversions coming out of the kit.

Seems pretty Orky to me.

Oh I'm with you on conversions and I like the model, I just think it is way underpowered for the price/points.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Slimnoid posted:

I see people sticking 6 burnaz in the Morkanaut, 3 of which are meks, as well as take the KFF and grot riggers so it's sporting a 5+ invuln, IWND, and repairs immobilized/weapon destroyed on a 4+ up to 3 times. It's not necessarily GOOD, mind you.

Actually, looking at Lootas/Burnaz, it'd be kind of cool if a lot more Ork units could take a mek or two for free. Like even just plain ol' Shoota/Slugga Boyz.

I liked this idea too, then I realized that it's now costing 390 points for a REALLY tough model that is still slow and weak offensively.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Spanner boyz can take a mek squad leader but they can't get a nob :(.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Slimnoid posted:

Actually wait, they get Daemonology. Stick a Wyrdboy in there and hope you roll Gate of Infinity.

Is this a thing? Does GoI move transports too?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

After finally getting to take a look at the new rules I will be waiting for a mini rulebook to buy (if I do at all). It really is an expensive FAQ.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

Come on over to the Community Edition thread and maybe we can make your 6th ed book usable again.

Already keeping an eye on it to see what people come up with.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I am disappoint.

EDIT: What base size is that on the gorkanaut? They really look like a fun/easy scratchbuild project.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

If that is the only new kit (no plastic meganobs, no new buggies, no plastic Flash Gitz kit) me too. Though my wallet is very happy.

I was kind of hoping for some other new units as well.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

TKIY posted:

So no discounted launch bundle for the Orcs? I don't think the big one that went up today is reduced at all...

It's not.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

See now this poo poo, this is poo poo a dude can get hyped about. Dedicated Battlewagon, yessss!!!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

IMO in the last codex they are pretty bad. I think these rules move them up to not terrible?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

I made a squad of flash gitz, because i was having fun converting them and my normal nob squad was getting confusing and time-consuming to track. Even I never really used them much. :[

Did you make them off of nobz of boyz? I'd love to see the conversion.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Isn't that literally what a comp score is?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Decided to get a group shot of my army. Hopefully it's workable when the codex drops.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

LordAba posted:

Love the WAAAGH stand. Is that the forgeworld battlewagon in the back as well?

Thanks. It's actually a looted Land Raider I use as a battle wagon.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

S.J. posted:

Holy poo poo you guys. Games Workshop sent us a preview Gorka/Morkanaut box to open and show to people.

They haven't done anything like this in years. I'm a little shocked.

Well, out with it...

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Any clues on what's in the next White Dwarf?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

God drat waiting for a codex drop gives the gaming blue balls like nothing else. I bought the Gorkanaut White Dwarf and won't ever be doing that again.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Power Player posted:

Same. I have a wedding on the 14th as well so that means unless I plan an out-of-the way trip I won't be able to read it and then complain/rave about it online until the 15th.

Gonna be out of town as well for Fathersday stuff.

:orks::hf::orks:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Really digging this color scheme.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

My daughter stole some of my books to make drawing the other day. In other news Space Marines have tiny heads.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

Not enough skulls, see me after class.

That's actually really awesome. As a semi-new dad one of the things I'm sadly really excited about it potentially getting my kid(s) into the game when they're old enough. As fantastic as the fluff is the basic system is a great way to learn and use measurements, statistics, and critical thinking.

That's not even the best part. Sometimes she'll come hang out when I'm modeling and just work on taking the mold lines off of my Orks for an hour.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

That void shield is excellent.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I've been glancing through the Chaos Maries dex for giggles. Is there any way to make terminators or helbrutes troops? Or is it only Cultists, CSMs, chosen and the various gods CSM?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Just take an unbound list.

I have a thing where I don't like using unpainted models. I feel the same way for unbound lists. Just a personal thing.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Meh, I'm just killing time until GW releases the Ork codex. Why did they have to choose this one to slow role the release? Release the book GRRM GW!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

S.J. posted:

Because it's going to be garbage and you know it.

I'm not scared.

Honestly it's just messing with my gaming plans. I've got a swapmeet on the 28th, but I'm not going to bother if I don't have a codex to read through first. Same goes for any new models. I'm not buying anything new without knowing the rules since I run this hobby on a tight budget.

But I get bored which means I just go spend my money on other things while GW make me wait.

EDIT: Let's not even start on the upcoming Steam Summer Sale and E3. Just less $$$ for GW stuff.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 9, 2014

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goat Bouillabaise posted:

Spat 'em out to carve up a Land Raider

Wait, how?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

Pick deese bones. If I'm not around my account stays logged in and I told Hannah to communicate to you from the goon afterlife.

Um I don't need your haunted mans but goddamn I hope you don't actually die anytime soon, Christ.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Okay see these things? These are a good unit. I'm gonna have to up my conversion game to make a few, but reliable Ork AP1? Hells yes son.

EDIT: And all the other big guns get a point reduction? Hot sauce!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Anyone found the dollar price on the new Ork Mek guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

For one gun that's pretty steep, but I'll buy one and kitbash up the rest.

• Locked thread