Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
The real question is should I base my Necrons on the larger bases, they are arriving in the post this week and I am torn with all this new larger base business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
Sweet zombie jesus I just want to read about little plastic men, not people arguing with an aspie!...................40k, not even once.

But really should I run my blossoming Necrons with stalkers? I love the models but just haven't seen them used much. Is it a case of looks cool and gets exploded or just not efficient enough?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Greyish Orange posted:

Its the best I've been able to find since forge world has seemed to stop making theirs, vargheist wings work really well to make tyranid shrikes

Also, what was that battle mat that had markings that showed all of the different deployments while looking subtle enough?

This looks dope as hell. Why didn't I think of this sooner!

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
So with the rumored Necron codex incoming, maybe, possibly. I have started up a Necron test scheme based on my old Slaanesh marines I did ages ago.

and original marines I tested on ages ago.

So keen to start pumping out pink and cream Necron warriors all over the place.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
I finished the bases for the test scarabs, happy with it and moving into warriors painting now, was a nice way to recover after new years.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

WhiteOutMouse posted:

There are also basing paints GW makes now that are textured and colored. Might be an easy option for models already complete. I'm sure some good has experience with their texture and color.
I am using the GW Astrogranite texture on my work in progress Necrons at the moment. This is a very thin coat, but you could lay it on thick and get a much more pronounced effect if you wanted. Just slap it on and ink that sucker up

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
My sepia washed Necrons are actually liquid poo poo washed

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Reynold posted:

Ugh. Necron datacards sold out already. Gonna gamble on a preorder from my FLGS. They forgot to call me the last 5 times I went through them, so I guess we will see what happens.

Got mine from the Aus webstore just then...........I feel dirty paying Aus prices for anything these days from GW.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
Speaking of Tomb Blades, I am assembling a box now for the new formation. What the gently caress do I take for weapons? I'm just going to have to see if telsa gets nerfed and run gauss if that happens yeah?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
Sweet mechanical zombie Jesus, if even half of this is true my decision to start 40k again with crons has paid off. I literally started buying mans again and then the new codex soon rumours appeared and my rear end clenched in worry, but so far it's all been pretty positive. By the way if you preorder a codex from GW do they ship it on the release date or a couple of days earlier to take postage time into account? I'm in Aus btw if that makes a difference.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
Been offered 40 old style elder jet bikes for $200 Aus dollars, should I take them and run an almighty rear end in a top hat turbo boost horde? Y/N

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Cataphract posted:

It's a gorkamorka mission.

gently caress that game deserved to be pushed harder, everything about it was the most full on silly, insane Ork fest! Seriously the most fun I have had with tabletop games

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
That DOW3 engine looks like something I should be playing on my mobile......................son I am disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
All hail our 8th edition overlords, and just in time for me to start painting some Drukhari instead, this is the test model for the basic troopers

• Locked thread