Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Status_Surge posted:

so i've been thinking about getting a new av, or making my current one better for the new year. now i do still love my current one but i was thinking maybe change it to a younger wizard with an actual pot leaf staff and better looking robe that falls under the weed wizard vibe.

how young and cartoony a wizard are we talking here?

might be useful for you to browse wizard clipart and see if you can find something that suits the style you're looking for, weedifying can be added later

like, how's this wizard as a template?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

yes I think the rotating thing would be quite feasible, filesize might be an issue but there's probably a way to squeeze it in acceptably

proof of concept:

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

there can only be one thulhu :v:

Manifisto

Quidthulhu posted:

there can only be one thulhu :v:

"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming (of smooches)"

Manifisto

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Looking for a very huggable Tigger avatar if any one would be so kind as to help

Professor Shark

Manifisto posted:

yes I think the rotating thing would be quite feasible, filesize might be an issue but there's probably a way to squeeze it in acceptably

proof of concept:

My dude! That's is exactly what I was thinking- I have a .pdn with the blank, no Cardboard face, I'll come up with a list of vices and do some tracing, I'm thinking beer, VR, big butt dvd/ magazine so far

Manifisto posted:

on sharkthulhu, what would you think of a double-length half-profile? would look less crowded, and might look nice with animation like so:

I also really like this, you are a good photo-shopping guy

Manifisto

Professor Shark posted:

My dude! That's is exactly what I was thinking- I have a .pdn with the blank, no Cardboard face, I'll come up with a list of vices and do some tracing, I'm thinking beer, VR, big butt dvd/ magazine so far

I also really like this, you are a good photo-shopping guy

cool, and thanks! am I working with the standard 100k limit or is there some leeway on file size?

Professor Shark

I honestly don't know, the only other times I've been able to sweet talk a mod into putting a 100+ pixel av through it's been a still or less than 100kb. Maybe Fluffie Duckie would know more?

Manifisto

Professor Shark posted:

I honestly don't know, the only other times I've been able to sweet talk a mod into putting a 100+ pixel av through it's been a still or less than 100kb. Maybe Fluffie Duckie would know more?

don't worry about it, let's see what we can do with the traditional limits. probably best not to have too too many things to rotate through, like 4 or 5 might be preferable.

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.

Manifisto posted:

how young and cartoony a wizard are we talking here?

might be useful for you to browse wizard clipart and see if you can find something that suits the style you're looking for, weedifying can be added later

like, how's this wizard as a template?

kind of like a college grad wizard, the one you posted is pretty good. I'll browse around and see if i find anything that might suit me.

Edit: This one looks pretty good, i think i would change the beard color to brown and green robe. I might see if i can make the color changes myself since i did pretty good last time.

edite2: messed around with the image a little bit to make it easier to color

Status_Surge fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 2, 2017

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

This is great thank you, I'll pick this up tomorrow

Scaly Haylie

what can we do with this incredible thing death sext and vanisher made

Manifisto

x-posting from newbie/chat thread

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

what can we do with this incredible thing death sext and vanisher made

liz wiz are you saying you want this as an av? if so that's cool, but do you want something done with it besides shrinking to av size?

vanisher

I was thinking it could be a good sig when I made it! But I could make it an av pretty quick

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Quidthulhu

vanisher will you clay-ify my av in an elaborate diorama sequence :3:

Quidthulhu

or maybe just a beautiful stillshot with finely crafted detail

vanisher

There should be a filter to make things look like clay or play-doh. As you may already know Q- these wonderful doh images are coming from the Death Sext probation thread!

Scaly Haylie

Manifisto posted:

liz wiz are you saying you want this as an av? if so that's cool, but do you want something done with it besides shrinking to av size?

Oh! No, not particularly but I didn't want to box you lovely avsters in.

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh! No, not particularly but I didn't want to box you lovely avsters in.

meaning, "yes I want it as an av but no I didn't have any changes in mind"?

or "no I didn't want it as an av?"

Scaly Haylie

Manifisto posted:

meaning, "yes I want it as an av but no I didn't have any changes in mind"

Manifisto

vanisher may well want to work his magic on it, but in the meantime here's a thing

Scaly Haylie

Manifisto posted:

vanisher may well want to work his magic on it, but in the meantime here's a thing

kinda jaggy...

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

kinda jaggy...

well you've put your finger on an unfortunate fact of sa avatars, which is that the only animated avatars supported are GIFs, which don't have partial transparency

which means borders between transparent and non-transparent regions are gonna look jaggy

a certain amount of "cheating" is possible, see if this looks any better (the new one is on the left):

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 4, 2017

vanisher

Here's something!

Not really avatar size but maybe another photoshopper could monkey it a bit

Manifisto

holy frijoles

this is av dimensions but the filesize is too big by a lot

I could maybe squash it down by reducing colors and frames etc. but I'm not gonna put in the effort unless liz wiz is really interested

vanisher

Quidthulhu posted:

vanisher will you clay-ify my av in an elaborate diorama sequence :3:

Quidthulhu

omg~

Scaly Haylie

I found a home for it, for now :D

Elusif

I need someone to make an avatar of a russian tank for a friend of mine.

Edit: something cartoony looking, but fearsome!

Elusif fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 5, 2017

Manifisto

dunno if these have any appeal

Elusif

That is quite the doorstop, sir.

alnilam

Can any talented wizards make my frog valentine's day ish like maybe heart shaped sunglasses idk

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

Can any talented wizards make my frog valentine's day ish like maybe heart shaped sunglasses idk

a cupid frog or tadpole with wings and a bow?

vanisher

Manifisto

simple, but on reflection, elegant

alnilam

omg

Manifisto posted:

simple, but on reflection, elegant

Robot Made of Meat

You never cease to amaze, Vanisher!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Music Theory

finally got garden walker to make me a dang avatar (probably because it's my birthday)

(also thanks hamjobs for the av cert!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Music Theory posted:

finally got garden walker to make me a dang avatar (probably because it's my birthday)

(also thanks hamjobs for the av cert!)

great av! happy birthday!