Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
OK so I have had several people get weirded out by my avatar (which I love) and it has derailed at least one decent thread, so I'm in the market for another. I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to make a transparent av of a dandelion where the white poof was an eye (it's basically just like the poof, same shape and everything but it's an eye with a green iris) and the stem of the dandelion, and the wind blows it away slowly and it loops by quickly sprouting again. I have also tried to do a sunflower with an eye blinking at you, gently twisting around towards the posts and back and blinking, with similar frustrations. I've thought about an eye opening up like a hinge and a bunch of raspberries fall out of it, but I think that might weird people out also. It turns out: I'm absolutely poo poo at digital drawings.

Maybe I should go back to the black and white one.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Vendor Trash posted:

i'll miss that av it rules

:agreed:, it owns, and jackie fabric did an excellent job. I am always noticing something new with it, but it's time for another. We'll always have Paris winter

If someone really and truly wants to work on that, and I use it, I will gladly do up to a 10 buck forums cert of their choice, or steam/whatever, but not until friday, also the av has to stay 'til friday 'cause that's payday.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

I dig these concepts, if you'd like I could try to makeone for you, not sure how successful I'd be

If you want, for sure, that'd be greatly appreciated. Right now, I'm kinda leaning towards keeping what I have and just telling people to adblock it if they don't like it. However; I'd like to be accommodating if someone has made a good one of any of those.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
A forums poster (dunno if they want me saying who) pm'd me a cool image that I really adore the leaves and stem for:

and it gave me ideas. After spending awhile, I got these two, which I'm not entirely happy with:

The first one is very slightly slower. The pupil movement is a little weird. The idea is it glances over at the post, is like "whoa, uh what" and slowly goes back to the center. Other ideas I couldn't implement for this that I tried:

• Blinking. I suck at it. Also I couldn't make the image blink in a way I liked. Maybe the eyelid could be an extremely dark brown?
  • After looking at the post, petals wilt/fall off. After the pupil grows back to the same size towards the end of the animation, the petals regrow/become healthy.
  • Maybe it sways a little in the breeze, or the leaves do something besides be still.
  • Not be shittily drawn by me, maybe actually distinctive petals. I tried for like an hour to draw distinctive, nice petals and got nowhere.

Maybe this is still weirds people out too much? Not sure. Will check this during lunch tomorrow, maybe work on it tomorrow more, but I think this is the limit of my "skill"

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

I dunno if you'll like this idea but maybe it would be cool to have a realistic version of the same general animation?
This is a fast and poorly made image that I threw together to get the general idea of what I'm saying across- it's not animated or even sized correctly, I just wanted to show you what it could potentially look like

The whole point of changing my av from my current one is because I've gotten complaints about it and makes a few posters uncomfortable. Making it realistic would be making it worse, otherwise I would keep it or literally buy a pomegranate, paint it to be an eye, and make a stop motion of it being chopped in half by a cleaver by me. Besides, drawn stuff is cooler imo.

landy. posted:

I think there's too much delay between frames on your gif. if you lowered the delay it would probably look more smooth.

also, I don't mind I love attention.

ok, it was landy, he made the cool one. I'm gonna work on the frames on the gif tomorrow. Maybe I can reduce it down. Maybe download a program instead of using a website or ask my image witch friend to make it smoother.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

it's cool, no worries. no apologies needed

landy. posted:

if you use gimp it will make every frame into a different layer, then you can edit the frames as much as you want.

did not know that, that is awesome advice. maybe if i actually used a tutorial

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

That's cool. Hm. Interesting take. I might clean it up a little; I like the little scared jolt backwards.

TWIST FIST posted:

that sounds cool though

I have an idea for this but I need to do a lot of planning first.

playground tough posted:

this one is rad af
if you pm me the original ill modify it in anyway u want but its super cool already imo

Sent, gonna try to get some sleep again (which i said two hours ago)

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

playground tough posted:

dear qwerinty:
im gonna do your av really soon bc i wanna use the animation in my portfolio

cool

I'm still into this, duder. Offer still stands :love:

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i flunked out posted:

i decided on cat facing away from the posts,

Good choice, rad av

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

FluffieDuckie posted:

Isn't that the thread from the needle forum xylo gave to us? Look for it in byob

http://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=443919274

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
it really was duckie

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
The middle one (I think from SFIII?) is my favorite one. It's way more "cool" and less "kawaii"

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

les fleurs du mall posted:

gangsigns is better especially for the manic / deranged mouth which reminds me of gorillaz so:

Man I was thinking exactly the same. Especially the Sakura on the left there.

landy. posted:

it's from a street fighter fanart book

here's the original image

I'm glad you took the gangsigns one, friend

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

pogi posted:

I'm beautiful now.

You chose... wisely

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
goddamn that breadcat av is good

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
I like the triangle, it's a powerful shape

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

I have no idea what Nuclear Throne is, but I'm glad that this exists. Maybe mash it up with the Pumpkin Hill song, put that dude in the pumpkin mask dancing in it

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
No.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

VineST posted:

could someone make this 150px tall and within the file size constraints? thanks in advance!

i like this poster already

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Good.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
that's actually really good. i like it because it's not the first thing i think of when i think lynch or twin peaks, yet it's oddly compelling. the background needs to stay in.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if your posts are too hosed up even for byob, you get that av

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
lmao @ afro doug's new av, that's perfect. also saying that cat brush's is my favorite on the forums ok thnx

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
it's already transparent...? white is transparent already

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
holy poo poo i'm dying

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
jfc

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
let's pretend this page didn't happen and go back to posting cool avatars

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i love it

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i love cat dynamite, and that av

also i bet the 1 voter was psl, who has a history of this

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
give him a bubbling hot frozen pot pie and shrink it, perfect

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
I asked bacalou first to which baca replied it's cool and they didn't care. the weh honors bacalou

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i invented a new soft drink called sassparilla that, when drank, gives a distinct feeling of jealousy and also i'm a huge jerk

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
this is me reminding myself to try to do some very simple animation with that spaceship tomorrow because i am definitely going to forget otherwise

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
this is my simple animation of sal's drawing of twofive's avatar. i wanted the music notes to trail behind it, but i'm poo poo at cropping, filling in behind, and i felt deleting and redrawing her notes was a)disrespectful and b)wouldn't be as cute/stylistically similar

anyways

also i made sure to credit cat dynamite for the cool eye in my sig, which is something i forgot to do. thanks for the stoner eye, crap

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Salmiakki posted:

awww this is really cute!

if you had a version lying around without the notes and offered the notes as a separate image, and if twofive is actually interested, I could rework it and make it loop if twofive prefers that over the shake to takeoff or keep as is just with notes

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

awesome, thanks! I'll do something with this later when I get home

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i am getting a little confused while making it and i'm not even seeing the pixel counter atm so i'll try again later or tomorrow

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i set it to 50ms and it was taking forever. i could have taken out half the frames, but the animation wouldn't have been as smooth. when i rework this, i can post a few different speeds, but anything slower than that is "ugh this is bullshit, i'm not waiting around for this crap"

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i'm sorry twofive, at first i forgot and then some serious stuff came up and i'll try to work on it tomorrow or saturday

----------------