Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
thinking of using this as an avatar, not sure if its in use by anyone or not. im also up for any good suggestions.

edit:
alright i think i've found one that suits me.:ohdear:

Status_Surge fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
hmm so i think i need a new av. been thinking about using this but i want to remove the white edges and make the pipe have animated smoke, and to have a hazy smoke flowing above as well.

fake edit: apparently the white edges aren't showing here.

Status_Surge

messed around with the image im thinking of using as my av. what do you think guys

Status_Surge

at first i thought it needed more in it, but i actually like this as my av. thanks for feedback guys, and this av marks the first thing i've ever animated myself in gimp.

Status_Surge

Yobgoblin posted:

Still up for grabs!

Those are good av's, someone should use them

Status_Surge

decided to try and flex my gimp muscle and i created this from scratch

Status_Surge

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That's rad!! Your sig is really cool too!

Thanks, i've been messing around with gimp and all the tools it has to offer. Also your sig is really cool as well.

Status_Surge

so i've been thinking about getting a new av, or making my current one better for the new year. now i do still love my current one but i was thinking maybe change it to a younger wizard with an actual pot leaf staff and better looking robe that falls under the weed wizard vibe.

Status_Surge

Manifisto posted:

how young and cartoony a wizard are we talking here?

might be useful for you to browse wizard clipart and see if you can find something that suits the style you're looking for, weedifying can be added later

like, how's this wizard as a template?

kind of like a college grad wizard, the one you posted is pretty good. I'll browse around and see if i find anything that might suit me.

Edit: This one looks pretty good, i think i would change the beard color to brown and green robe. I might see if i can make the color changes myself since i did pretty good last time.

edite2: messed around with the image a little bit to make it easier to color

Status_Surge fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status_Surge

so real life kinda got in the way, but i've made progress with my av. If someone more talented could add a few things to it id appreciate it.

I'd like to change the shoes to sandals if possible, and put a pot leaf on the uncolored shirt area as well. Im not sure what i want with the staff just yet, maybe put a bong on it and possibly animate it?

Edit: I don't know though, this one is kind of growing on me.

edit2: been messing around with the other av and this is what i've been able to do. I'm trying to go with a cyberpunk aesthetic to use with the cyberpunk 2017 gangtag

Status_Surge fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 13, 2017