Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark

I made this up today using some image of Shark that I had in my SA folder:

I'm going to use it for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark

Don't worry, I'll use it again at some point! :)

Professor Shark

Tusen Takk posted:

Shark your title is pro as gently caress, one of the best I've ever seen I think

The one I have no was made by none other than the Patron Saint of byob, SIB!

Professor Shark

Yobgoblin posted:

is there a Serial Chillers gang tag? should there be one? I've been feeling really polite lately and i remember serial chiller being said around here before. Could be neat... what do you guys think?

e: probably just give someone the username Serial Chiller if it isn't taken.

man serial chiller is my way of life how can i get in on this club?

Professor Shark

Yobgoblin posted:

Anyone can join. Serial chillers are peaceful people who sometimes get overly polite. They say you should be careful of overly polite people but serial chillers mean you no harm. At times their actions may be unclear or misunderstood. Some are sensitive, some are not. Some rush a little when they post and that's okay. I try to keep a timer nearby while I think over a post that could be taken the wrong way (which is beyond the last thing they want to happen). I kept catching myself today haha

e: i also edit a lot

This all seems very complicated...

Professor Shark

Currently chilling with a coffee and my cool new av before work

This guy always puts a smile on my face! :)

Professor Shark

Putty posted:

i wont be needing a new av soon or ever really but does anyone have any gold i can have

There's always money in the banana stand! :)

Professor Shark

I heard you dudes are spookifying avs?

Professor Shark

Here is a blank copy of my av if anyone has any ideas for scares

Professor Shark

I don't have anything going on today, I'm thinking about making my av more like Cthulu, if anyone wants to work along those lines

Professor Shark

Hogge Wild posted:

i turned your sharks mouth upside down and coloured the eyes red, but that didn't turn it spooky at all

some better artist should alter your av

I think the original actually had the mouth frowning and I turned it up so it was smiling

I think the original was also just half a face or something, I forget

Professor Shark

I shamelessly traced some tentacles that I found on Google Images:

Can't find a good way of putting them on my av's face...

Professor Shark

Playing with it

Professor Shark

FluffieDuckie posted:

That looks great with your sig

I forgot about the sig, I have them turned off. I'll try to incorporate them tomorrow

Professor Shark

Most recent progress, don't know what to do with the eyes, I'm thinking about getting a Lovecraftian thing to put over them, ideas?

Professor Shark

I'm heavily considering just throwing the DVD cover of True Detective on it:

Professor Shark

W/ eyes

Professor Shark

W/ eyes and feet, I think I like this version the best, I'll have to cut away the sides a bit to get it smaller

Professor Shark

Final version, just needs to be max avatar sized or whatever:

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 10, 2016

Professor Shark

Really the final version now:

Made some changes to the "mouth" area, rounded it out, cleaned up some but there are still lots of barely visible mistakes.

Professor Shark

Putty posted:

i missed this before since i don't read much BYOB

it is cool

never PM me again lizard wizard

Man I would run Putty over in my car to get a pm from Lizard Wizard

Hell, I might not even need the pm to be honest

Professor Shark

Do you think someone out there has gotten purposefully drunk in order to slam into someone they didn't like drunk driving in order to plea manslaughter? There would have to be a shitload of coincidences to make it work but drat that'd be some stone cold poo poo

Professor Shark

I had a change of heart and decided that I'd be a Chill Dude and pull over and offer Putty a ride instead of running him down like a dog

Professor Shark

FluffieDuckie posted:

thank you for reversing this posting train of carnage

here, have a good posting awar

Thank you for this awar I will do my best to honor it in my day-to-day posting

Professor Shark

What are the rules with the Halloween-a-tars? Does Fluffie put them through or what? I want mine Mod Maxed for detail

Professor Shark

A mod gave me this oversized av, if I buy my Cthulhu one will I get it back? :confused:

Professor Shark

I've been Doug Funnyed, but I think I may want to shake things up in a few weeks when I go back to my shark one

How feasible would it be to take my old av...

... and have a number of pictures continuously flowing from picture-left to right, all covering the eyes?

For example, the Google Cardboard goes from left to right and is replaced by this Busch can (which I would trace and make in the same style as the rest of the av):

I was thinking about 5 or some different images, all in the same style.

On the other hand, I have this thing kicking around that I cannot seem to love for some reason. I think it's because in order to fit it all in, even with a mod size over-rule, it still feels crowded:

I started to make a "long" version of it, but it didn't look as much like Cthulu:

Professor Shark

Manifisto posted:

yes I think the rotating thing would be quite feasible, filesize might be an issue but there's probably a way to squeeze it in acceptably

proof of concept:

My dude! That's is exactly what I was thinking- I have a .pdn with the blank, no Cardboard face, I'll come up with a list of vices and do some tracing, I'm thinking beer, VR, big butt dvd/ magazine so far

Manifisto posted:

on sharkthulhu, what would you think of a double-length half-profile? would look less crowded, and might look nice with animation like so:

I also really like this, you are a good photo-shopping guy

Professor Shark

I honestly don't know, the only other times I've been able to sweet talk a mod into putting a 100+ pixel av through it's been a still or less than 100kb. Maybe Fluffie Duckie would know more?

Professor Shark

Our internet is out (phone posting from in-laws right now), I spent the day organizing my house and computer, tomorrow I may get around to puttering on Paint.net

Professor Shark

I'm the puckering rear end in a top hat, I also like that picture of that bird

Professor Shark

Spent much of the morning today tracing beer cans, my eyes are all tired out!

Professor Shark

Some outlines

Coloring is going to be hardish

Professor Shark

Got my last beer can outlining done, I dislike it the most I think, though

Professor Shark

I changed it up a bit, I wasn't happy with those "O"'s

Professor Shark

:siren: Big Post Ahead! :siren:

Coloring going much harder than I thought. I'm going to throw the traces and originals up here, if anyone is bettering at coloring in PS I'd appreciate the help!

Originals:

Original Av Parts, in case it helps with style/ color coordination:

I have a Busch png here that I may also trace, depending on how things go and how colors look together

Professor Shark

I am also hoping that someone with more talent will take up my project

Professor Shark

vanisher posted:

I can't say I have any talent but I'd be happy to try

It would be greatly appreciated! Check out my last couple posts in this thread for details, I don't know what it is but my attempts at photoshop do not seem to extend to coloring

In terms of payment I can offer a linocut attempt of your choice shipped to you/ linocut address stamp if you're comfortable pm'ing me your details or something :)

Professor Shark

vanisher posted:

no payment necessary!

How does this look

I'm worried the colors may be too bright and not fit with the shark face behind them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark

I would like to replace this dog avatar because it makes me sad everytime