Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai

zombie303 posted:

how do you make them transparent?

erasing the black parts? :shrug:

what program do you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai

yeah that won't do it you need a program like Photoshop or gimp to edit the file

Machai

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

i like it a lot too but is the best balance between quality and content i can manage under 30kb..
might have a go tomorrow with the scissors tool. i'm learning! :)

remove some frames instead

his head does not need to bob when he stares at the camera

try and get it to like 6-8 frames at most then you can bump up the color count

Machai

Finn Pennywhistle posted:

i like it and also i'm going to put this on

:thumbsup:

Machai

Afro Doug posted:

the best avatar finding strategy is to punch a phrase into google and pick the worst looking one

ok, then here is your new av:

Machai

Machai

Bo-Pepper posted:

here's a good farting baby butt av for Jett

Machai

Capoeira Capybara posted:

This is incredible. What about like a gif of just this dudes head and middle finger flashing between regular and negative colors.

how about this face bones gif with just the rotating part?

Machai

oh poo poo

Machai

Stormyish posted:

I'm looking for something edgy, with that 90's kid vibe. Screams Mighty Ducks or something that Will Smith starred in that nobody remembers.

Machai

:siren::siren:just a reminder that avs can now be up to 100kb!!!!!!!!!:siren::siren:

Machai

Machai

Machai

bacalou posted:

gonna resize this to 150x later today since the new av laws went into effect

oh poo poo its 150x150 now too? awesome

Machai

i am he posted:

can somebody make me an avatar from a youtube video? i'll buy you the forums upgrade of your choice if you do.

I guess if you linked the video someone could

Machai

if it is transparent the edges will have to be unaliased to prevent partial transparent pixels from turning white

Ill make a trans and a non trans version to choose from

Machai

Machai

i am he posted:

awesome. would it be possible to include her eyes being open and then closing and laughing, then opening again, repeat, in a smooth way? if not i'll probably just use one of these anyways.

yis, plenty of kb left

do you prefer the rans or the non-trans version?

Machai

zombie303 posted:

where did you learn to do all of this awesomeness?

practice and also it was my job for a while

Machai

I've touched GIMP maybe once a few years ago. I use photoshop myself.

Machai

Machai

i am he posted:

haha i love this. final request: could you make the transition from laughing to not laughing less abrupt? or is that too many frames/too big still?

there is a single frame between the eyes being closed and the eyes being opened. I could slow that frame down a bit but there was only one more transition frame in the original animation. if I added the extra frame in she would have to laugh at least one fewer times for it to stay under 100kb

Machai

Machai

is this good?

here is the timeline

first frame is the stare, second and last are the closing/opening of the eyes and the others are the two laughing frames on loop. the numbers are the time each frame lasts in seconds. let me know if you want to change any more of the timings

Machai

.02 second frame speed
.01 second frame delay
"no delay"

Machai

bacalou posted:

did you cut it out with the select tool or make a mask

1. eraser on pencil mode with a 1px radius to cut out the face
2. wand set on 255 tolerance and contiguous to select the face
3. select inverse
4. delete

Machai

i am he posted:

1: 1.5 2: .2 9: .2 the rest the same? if im not happy with that im going to try to do this myself in photoshop when my friend gets here i guess.

Machai

i am he posted:

yes this is pretty much perfect. adding any more laughing frames would push it over the limit ya?

I could add one more laugh in to make it ~94kb

Machai

i am he posted:

if you could, that'd be great.

Machai

i am he posted:

Thanks everyone, and especially Machai/Ralp. How can i repay you? Do you want your av changed to the dancing spiderman yet?

an av cert would be great, ill look into getting the dancing av uploaded

Machai

saving this for ever

Machai

you can also just grab any image off the front page and use that as your av keeping in mind only the leftmost 180px will show up

Machai

tehloki posted:

hmm, i have a plan, first i will have to get hired as a writer for the front page of the forums

make/participate in a photoshop thread and have your best image be good for an avatar so then when it goes up for PSFriday you can use it for your av

Machai

hmmmmmmmm "Make cool and big avs in photoshop"

"Make a new av for the poster below you"

Machai

Fart gently caress Hell 5 posted:

buy me a loving avatar OP you loving piece of poo poo, do it

Machai

Bureaus Watts posted:

i want a girlfriend to post on internet forums with. i want one, get me one

wrong thread, try e/n

Machai

Machai