Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

GIS had it, if this is what you had in mind:

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

:eyepop:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

At 16 colors, I believe it's under the limit (84kb):

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Incomplete Fish posted:

I really only care that it has a fish in it, hopefully incomplete.

I thought this guy looked kinda friendly:

If it's to your liking, it's possible somebody could animate it, I'm not really the right person for that.

(image extracted and cleaned up from here.)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

It's a little small, but there's always the obvious:

(source: Camille Rose Garcia, via FI's thread)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Jukeboxblues posted:

Is my av byob worthy yet? :ohdear:

I like your av! Also it has a transparent background and faces the post, things that people seem to appreciate around here. As to whether you wish to stand in calcium solidarity with your bony brethren, that is up to you . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Eonwe posted:

im going with third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok then my comment about transparenting stands

Maybe this will fit the bill?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Gilganixon posted:

ok can someone hook me up with a 'yob avatar? I'm thinking bony but cute, but anything that matches my posting style will be considered (do not post feces or goatse please)

also gotta be animated

I dunno whether this suits your tastes?

taken and resized from here:

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/11-01-2012_11-30-2012.html

e: I like the ones FluffieDuckie posted, just thought I'd give you this as another option.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Gilganixon posted:

<< thanks Manifisto but I went with this one

lookin' sharp!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

wow

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

A little challenging to fit within the space constraints, but here's a stab at it:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

dumb crambo posted:

it looks like its in a horror film because it wobbles around so much

ya polly looks like he's been hitting the caffeine pretty hard

here's a less jumpy one

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Hello friends, I woke up this morning in an autumn mood. Time to start consuming pumpkin spice flavored things and also I think to start posting in BYOB more. A stylish halloween av would be just the thing, if someone were so inclined!

I was thinking maybe something with a zombie fist, like so:

but . . . a little uncreative? Also I am stealing people's art, it would be nicer to have something done for the purpose I think.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Thank you folks, that was easy I guess!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Probably someone can implement it better, but here's a concept:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Lastgirl posted:

it is attack the block right?

believe it, bruv!

I noticed something off about the black levels . . . it's fixed in this one:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

joke_explainer posted:

i need a halloween AV but I'm fresh out of ideas... robots don't even have skeletons... maybe frankenstein bolts? maybe he's possessed by a poltergeist?

If you are looking for something slightly obscure but still kinda neat, might I suggest something from 1986's extremely cheesy "Chopping Mall"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMyInUPQ2g

like so, perhaps?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Palisader posted:

I was going to ask for halloween av assistance but I am already a little ashamed of my star citizen avatar so I need something brand new

I'd post a bunch more before asking but it's already midway through september :ohdear:

Hm worth a shot, your username makes me think of fences, so spooky fence?

Title text: "Post Nevermore" or something like that. Anyway, just a concept!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Bo-Pepper posted:

i wouldn't mind a Halloween av if anyone's feeling fancy

Before I do more work on it . . . would this kind of thing be of interest?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Glad you like it! Here's an update, let me know if there's anything you would like tweaked.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Vynar posted:

If I may be so bold I would like to request the Halloween treatment friends.

Raar! He's just so happy to finally have scary hands.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

I suspect somebody can execute the idea better, but FWIW:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

My avatar is unspookiable.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I was also thinking of paying :10bux: for the different parts of her full costume and asking a mod to stick them together but the dimensions aren't quite right (175x285) and I don't wanna muck up the cute art by resizing it all weird.

I like SIB's av a lot, but in case you ever wanted to implement the idea, here's the costume in two parts:

And here it is in one part (150x250 pixels):

At one time it was possible to petition to get an oversized av, you'd have to ask FluffieDuckie if that's still possible and if so who you'd need to talk to.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

HighwireAct posted:

hey guys, I would love a spooky Macintosh Plus av if that's at all possible :)

just a concept

with foreign-type text

(text translates to "chill and bake", supposedly)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Nooner posted:

I want a spooky flamingo!!!

nooner I love your av and I'm not sure this does it justice

maybe somebody will have a better idea

I saw this on the internet and thought it was pretty cool, if you like it maybe something could be done along these lines

like so perhaps?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Is it possible to give it big elvira boobs and a little black dress?

lol

I dunno, I'll mess with it

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

HighwireAct posted:

Manifisto you've been rocking the h*ck out of this thread

thank you! I'm not trying to discourage others from participating, I'm just having fun, so please other people jump in if you have any inclination

vols bitch posted:

can someone make my walrus man holiday themed (but dont forget the vols bitch)

Ḧ̭̟̥̯̻́̍ͣ̿͑ͩ̉ͤͅE͕͈̞̟̺ͣͩ͂̃̉ͦ̓ ͕̺̮͔̮̩ͥ̑ͣ͒͋̍C̢̡̻̺ͩ̊͟O̼̙͕̭̰̼̤̬̎̄̅Ṁ̉ͤ̌ͭ̚̚҉̗̞͇̜̫͚E̢͕͒ͤŚ̷̬͎̥̽̏̉̇̄͞ ͕͎ͦ̓̽ͯ̓́͢(̛̓͛̌̚҉̖̺̰̠̝̹t̵̢̮͙̦̹͕̰͉͔̞̓ͨ̋͐̉o̡̱͈̳̮͓̞̮̊͂ͫ͐̊͌ͯ̏̌ ̷̰̥̞̣̋͘c̭̟̯͕͇̮ͯ́̊ͤ͢ĥͨ̓̔͛̌ͦ͊̋҉̵͇̪̜̹̟̙͓͞į̜͚̙̭͚̗̮̠̻͌ͯ͌́l̡̞̳͚̝̠͖̤̣͑̅ḷ̠̹̫̟͖̞̯̱̆̈)̸̩̻͙ͣ̓̀ͧ͐̐̀̚͟

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Cthulu Carl posted:

I feel like I should get a new av to celebrate the new Post-GBS Me, but it seems to be pretty hard to find Halloween-related gifs from The Amazing World of Gumball and I'm too lazy/unskilled to try and make my own. :(

unfortunately I'm not familiar with that show so I don't necessarily have in mind what kind of thing you're looking for (particular characters, etc). the show has some flash-type games online, a few of them are ghost/scary themed, would something from one of them work?

like, say,

quote:

I sort of feel like they could stand being punched up a little, if anyone has ideas please chime in

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

this is so good

might want to make sure the ghost shows up against the gray backgrounds in the title area, perhaps make the smoke a bit darker or give it a tint?

as it is:

one way to fix it:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

The Bananana posted:

Anyone want to give my AV a spookification treatment?

just spitballing, feel free to consider other ideas

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Wendigee posted:

I like skeletons.

Wendigee posted:

I know it is a lot to ask but if someone could skeletonize my AV... well it would be swell. I was told I wasn't allowed to change this AV because it is me and I is it, but I think a skeleton version of the crazy mogwai from gremlins 2 would be not only cool, but good.

as I think SIB said, skeletonizing is hard, and he has more talent than I do! but I took a stab anyway, based on some images of a "mogwai skeleton" somebody is actually selling.

personally I think it looks better with the skeleton overlaid on the original av:

with a slightly fainter skeleton, slowed down a bit:

just the skeleton:

same, slower:

the problem of course is that I can't rotate the skull in 3 dimensions without doing what would be for me a huge amount of work

hope you like it, but if not no probs

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Cthulu Carl posted:

I would like to thank Forums user Manifisto for keying me to Ghost Gumball.

I shall enjoy this av for the duration of the Halloween season.

:tipshat: my pleasure!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Maybe this sort of thing?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

happy to help!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Lastgirl posted:

any ideas as to what the cup should have in it is welcome, im up for anything wacky or bubbly or cute or trippy or something like that

may I suggest your favorite sea creature, for example the noble dumbo octopus?

something like this:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Glad you like it! I'd be happy to talk specifically about whatever you'd like to know, though I wouldn't hold myself out as an expert. Basically I used GIMP, some free GIMP extensions, and a couple of handy online tools. The octopus animation came from a youtube video, was imported into GIMP as a series of layers, was cleaned up/transparentized/shrunk, and then merged with the image you posted. The layers of the merged file were exported to an animated GIF and then optimized so the file wasn't quite so large.

Hogge Wilde's suggestion is a good one if there's interest, I'm sure I would learn a lot

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

DickBastardly posted:

Could someone turn my av into a terminator-muttley? Flashing red eyes would be a nice touch. I would do this myself in GIMP, but I am not artistically inclined. I'm going to keep practicing though.

here's one take on the idea

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

DickBastardly posted:

Love it! Thank you so much!

my pleasure! you wear it well

ty nesamdoom!