Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

They Might Be

I've had the same avatar for a very long time.

I won an av cert, and plan to use it.

Any suggestions on what I should do to haunt/spookify my av?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

They Might Be

Oooh, good call!

They Might Be

I've been procrastinating using the av cert I won from the Halloween contest, and I'm thinking I'd like a cute illustrated praying mantis with transparency that could possibly have some easy animation done to it (antennae moving, pupil movement, the goofy sway they do).

Here's the best pic I've got of Ralph as tribute/inspiration.

edit: testing

edit 2: now if only you could animate pngs, not purty at all.

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 14, 2017

They Might Be

I ended up pulling the trigger on the static png. The transparency I was able to get with a 24 bit png was just too much to sacrifice for movement. I did do a little gif though.

And for all those curious about how I achieved the transparency effect in my avatar-- I set the original greyscale image's blending mode to multiply over a transparent background, I then inverted the layer (ctrl+i) and pasted that into a layer mask over solid black. This cleanly removed all the white from the image and allowed for the cool transparency blending in it like so-

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 14, 2017

They Might Be

Manifisto posted:

aw man I guess it is a little late for my proof of concept

but the one you chose is super cute, congrats!

Holy cow this owns! That's so close to perfect, and way better than I did with hours of trying. If I didn't do most my browsing with byob looking like this I'd be so tempted.

And if you don't get the cheesy joke of it, he's kinda the perfect bachelor of the mantis world.

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 14, 2017

They Might Be

Hogge Wild posted:

did you use gimp or photoshop

Photoshop CS6. I have a legit copy back from when I did the advertising for the VW/Mazda place I used to work at.

They Might Be

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 17, 2017

They Might Be

Actuarial Fables posted:

... fox gifs ...

Happy with how this came out.

edit: and with a bit more of a pause after the good boy heart

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 17, 2017

They Might Be

Just gonna float this one out there

They Might Be

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

They Might Be

It's not exactly a "dark" cloak, but I def drew something cute in it for ya.

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 26, 2017