Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've lived in BC my whole life and am self employed, and I don't have extended medical because what the province charges and pays for is completely fine, and I regularly partake in the high risk sport of ski racing (I've been to the hospital for injuries four times in the last year alone!). Maybe if I had enormous dental problems, but now I just pay for my contact lenses and any dental appointments out of pocket.

Taxes are really not that much different when you're self employed. The main thing to consider is if you want/qualify for EI you need to sign up for the program, and you'll pay your entire year's worth of premiums on your taxes (I think it maxes out around $4000, and is based on your income) and CPP contributions, for which you have to pay the entire employer portion and employee portion since you're technically both. That one makes out around 5k, it's around 10% of your income up until that point (5% for the employee, 5% for the employer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread