Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Barry Shitpeas posted:

We didn't bother cause we knew it would be dogshit

it was dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

the sex ghost posted:

remember in 2002 when the games were on at like 7am, i remember i went to school and rather than have classes in the morning everyone in the school huddled round a telly in the gym to watch David Seaman fall over

Good memories of watching England v whoever in the sports hall at school. Boys only girls not allowed :hehe:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

the sex ghost posted:

remember in 2002 when the games were on at like 7am, i remember i went to school and rather than have classes in the morning everyone in the school huddled round a telly in the gym to watch David Seaman fall over
I remember

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Pissflaps posted:

it was dogshit

At least in Qatar the venues won't be 2000 miles apart

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I bet it was bad watching all the other countries get to have fun and you just sit there left out, kinda like being cucked in a way. I myself wouldn't know. My country has made every world cup in my lifetime.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I also remember France 98 when I was on holiday in Spain and they had a massive wall chart with the teams on it in the hotel and the staff would update it as it went along. I nearly drowned in the swimming pool and all the germans cried when croatia brutally owned them and there were lots of sun loungers for everyone the next day

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Barry Shitpeas posted:

At least in Qatar the venues won't be 2000 miles apart

Can anyone remember anything about usa 94 except for it being fail and bad? I cant.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I remember when David Seaman fell over and we all got out of Maths

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Can anyone remember anything about usa 94 except for it being fail and bad? I cant.

the opening ceremony wwas a sign of what came after it, shite from beginning to end

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

the opening ceremony wwas a sign of what came after it, shite from beginning to end

Was it obese women eating burgers and shooting muslims?

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

didnt george foreman miss a penalty at the opening ceremony or something

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Was it obese women eating burgers and shooting muslims?

it was three hours of exactly this

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

it was three hours of exactly this

American invented cheeseburgers because they cant use cutlery.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ive got england fever, im going to watch all of England-Algeria from 2010

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TimberJoe posted:

didnt george foreman miss a penalty at the opening ceremony or something

you cant grill a football

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Its Coming Home

ITS COMING HOME BOYS

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Its Coming Home

ITS COMING HOME BOYS

Is it?

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Anyway that's enough about some gay loving world cup from the middle ages, I'm looking forward to this summer when Big Chinny Milner and the rest of the lads bring it home (duty free)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

It is.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can we all agree that if it wasnt for Germany cheating, England would definitely have gone on to win the 2010 World Cup

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Pissflaps posted:

The final was 0-0 it was terrible

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

the sex ghost posted:

Can we all agree that if it wasnt for Germany cheating, England would definitely have gone on to win the 2010 World Cup

Germany are cheats.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TimberJoe posted:

Anyway that's enough about some gay loving world cup from the middle ages, I'm looking forward to this summer when Big Chinny Milner and the rest of the lads bring it home (duty free)

Think about good leeds lad Jimmy James Milner lifting the world cup for leeds.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Germany are cheats.

They are

smelly cabin filter posted:

Think about good leeds lad Jimmy James Milner lifting the world cup for leeds.

I am

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Milner is really sick

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thrillnerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_frw5IMnvM

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

everyone who was in school during that World Cup shares this memory across the country, that game was more important than any formal schooling

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I think that picture of james milner is photoshopped

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I remember when we parked the bus against the argies and they all had flashbacks of the falklands whilst beckham redeemed himself.

Hashtag Nascar posted:

everyone who was in school during that World Cup shares this memory across the country, that game was more important than any formal schooling

I vividly remember the itv commentator saying something like "this is probably the most important event in the world at the moment" and it hyped me up

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Hashtag Nascar posted:

I watched Senegal beat France in my geography class. Probably the best place to watch a World Cup in hindsight.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

HJB posted:

I watched Senegal beat France in my geography class. Probably the best place to watch a World Cup in hindsight.

i remember this, we went mental.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I loved how we spanked the Argies over the Falklands.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

HJB posted:

I watched Senegal beat France in my geography class.

Why didn't they play at a proper stadium?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

vaginal culture posted:

I remember watching the 98 world cup and England was there, and I was like, England has a soccer team? i didn't know, because I only had watched the 94 one where they didn't play.

lol.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I hope England crash out in the group stages and then people ask me "why are you happy, you should support England you live here"

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taff posted:

I hope England crash out in the group stages and then people ask me "why are you happy, you should support England you live here"

They dont understand yuore a horrible plastic.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

We didn't have to watch the 2002 WC in school we were just allowed to have the morning off when England played

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pissflaps posted:

Some thrilling games. Bulgaria beat Germany in the rain in Chicago. Something like 4 goals in the 1st 20 minutes. Maradona's last hurrah, i.e. the Greek tragedy. Nigeria celebrating against Italy, only to go down to 2 very late Baggio goals.
Brazil vs. the Dutch in Dallas was brilliant. Dallas was a hellhole to play in. A 60 yard run to score by a Saudi? A Colombian was murdered after an autogoal that let the U.S. through and Colombia went home.

Also, you weren't even born yet.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

vaginal culture posted:

Why didn't they play at a proper stadium?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

In all fairness, England and le Gazza were brilliant in '90, but it's been downhill since.

• Locked thread