Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

deserve got nothing to do it with, just his time is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Thank gently caress for that.

I was almost scared he was going to play on until 2016

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
He was really good last season and it was right to call him up.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Hopefully this means he can prolong his Liverpool career and win the league before retiring.

Stevie G and Big Rickie Lambert fulfilling their dreams together.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Wow, what a shock. I will always remember page 96 of this thread. YNWA

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Gerard didn't believe anymore.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Now that Gerrard has stopped holding back the virtuoso's in the reserves, it's definitely coming home. Yes sir.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

8raz posted:

Now that Gerrard has stopped holding back the virtuoso's in the reserves, it's definitely coming home. Yes sir.

It'll be nice that he cant gather all the young players in a huddle and tell them all how awful it is to get knocked out of the world cup and how it ruins your life so they lose all of the confidence they played with in the first game.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It was nice that he left us with one last memory of him hunching his shoulders and telegraphing stupid Hollywood passes to no-one

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol all of the morons in this thread thinking that Gerrard was holding England back.

I guess now Wilshere and uh Milner can finally get the starting spot that they deserve.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Now is the moment for the mercurial Tom "Clevz" Cleverley to step up and shine.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Is anybody else worried that without Gerrard England's era of dominance might come to an end?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol all of the morons in this thread thinking that Gerrard was holding England back.

I guess now Wilshere and uh Milner can finally get the starting spot that they deserve.

Haha yeah lol at all those people who definitely exist

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

he was terrible at the world cup though

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

It was time for him to go. I'm glad he didn't drag it out, and he deserved that final tournament with the season he's had (slip aside).

Who the gently caress will be captain next? Rooney?

Just give it to whomever has the most caps in a given starting XI and be done with it. The England Captain hand-wringing is one of the worst things about the national side.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Give it to Cahill

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Here's a Daily Mail interview with David Bentley if you're into that sort of thing.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Gerrard thinks hes a leader but is actually a retard.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ashley Cole.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ashley Cole is too busy apprenticing De'andre Yedlin on how to rail chicks in Seattle to concern himself with the EMNT

Psybro
May 12, 2002
The funny thing is that Gerrard had been England's best player from the 2010 World Cup onwards, had come off the back of his best season in years and was probably actually in the team on merit for the first time in a long time. And he still hosed it up.

Henderson, Wilshere et al don't have to prove they're better, they actually have about 10 years more to prove they're worse.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Frank Lampard has retired from the EMNT :woop:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Haha remember that time that England only got a single point in the World Cup 2014 and bombed out of the group? Good poo poo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBxyPqV1BY

England will always have this.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Did they get a trophy for that?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Germany signed or presented us the trophies in advance in 1919, 1945, and 1966 maybe you should learn some history.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Germany signed or presented us the trophies in advance in 1919, 1945, and 1966 maybe you should learn some history.

I think you'll find 4 world cups is more than two world wars and a world cup, though.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

serious gaylord posted:

It'll be nice that he cant gather all the young players in a huddle and tell them all how awful it is to get knocked out of the world cup and how it ruins your life so they lose all of the confidence they played with in the first game.
Just preparing them for the inevitable.

Psybro posted:

The funny thing is that Gerrard had been England's best player from the 2010 World Cup onwards, had come off the back of his best season in years and was probably actually in the team on merit for the first time in a long time. And he still hosed it up.
I like this post because the fact that the rest of the team are garbage seems to be irrelevant. Good luck to the next captain!!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

hopterque posted:

I think you'll find 4 world cups is more than two world wars and a world cup, though.
Germany are just a (world) cup team.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol this reminds me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Iurqc1C9k&t=338s

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm hearing that Fabian 'fully sick' Delph is in the England squad

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Frankston posted:

People will still complain

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Frankston posted:

I like this a lot, but Calum CHambers inclusion is a loving joke

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

This is probably England's most Memorable match of the 21st century.

quote:

It's the Qualifying campaign for the 2002 World Cup

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TelekineticBear! posted:

I like this a lot, but Calum CHambers inclusion is a loving joke

He's been the best English centre back since his move.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Wilshire lol

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's been the best English centre back since his move.

Eric Dier mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

hopterque posted:

how many trophies did the citizens of Dresden get

• Locked thread