Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Modus Trollens posted:

how many trophies did the citizens of Dresden get

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ephex posted:

gently caress you

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ephex posted:

gently caress you

lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Mark Noble is never going to get the recognition he deserves, is he? At the very least he's better than Jack Colback

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
rooney is the captain, lol, bring back gerrard

i mean he is shite and scouse, but so is rooney and at least gerrard gave a poo poo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Excellent joke Roy, now who's going to be captain?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Andros Townsend should not be anywhere near that squad. Has he even played so far this season?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Henderson for captain imo

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Didn't know they call Colback the "Ginger Pirlo" over there.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Mark Noble is never going to get the recognition he deserves, is he? At the very least he's better than Jack Colback

The way the commentators were suddenly talking about him as "the best English passer" on our first game, I assumed they'd been tipped off he was in the squad. loving Colback? Carlton Cole has ruined the West Ham automatic-England-cap for everyone.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

Andros Townsend should not be anywhere near that squad. Has he even played so far this season?

he played well this season in a Europa League qualifier in Cyprus

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's been the best English centre back since his move.

well no he hasnt, hes literally only in the squad because he plays for arsenal and has media hype about him, if he had put in the exact same performances at soton not one person would be calling for him to be in the squad and its why this country is loving shite at football

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TelekineticBear! posted:

well no he hasnt, hes literally only in the squad because he plays for arsenal and has media hype about him, if he had put in the exact same performances at soton not one person would be calling for him to be in the squad and its why this country is loving shite at football

yer youngsters at Southampton have never seen an England squad and get passed over all the time, especially by Roy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Chambers has been really loving good these last few games tbf.

pdog
May 7, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

Chambers has been really loving good these last few games tbf.

Dier has been better, but I'm happy he hasn't been called up to the senior squad as it just leads to opportunities for people to slate them.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

yer youngsters at Southampton have never seen an England squad and get passed over all the time, especially by Roy.

Other than shaw, who?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Monk on no Swansea players in the England squad...

"He'd have to come and watch us first before he (Roy Hodgson) could pick anyone."

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

Other than shaw, who?

Cork and Ward Prowse will get called up before 2016, Clyne is going to get a call up soon if not in this round of friendlies, Lallana and Rodriguez would never have seen an England squad under Capello.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Chambers has really done well but the media hype around him is as bizarre as ever with young English players at a big club and I can't understand the selection policy for the EMNT. It has to be demotivating for other players performing at a high level but will never get a proper chance because they play for the wrong club.

He'll probably play well against Norway and the press will build him up as a superstar only to tear him down and write him off when England goes out of the group stages in the euros.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

He's not even getting a start, he's included in the squad to get him used to the occasion. You've got a better argument for Stones to partner Jagielka for a half to give him a cap than to let Chambers on the pitch.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Roy out IMO

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's more to do with him literally not being Glen loving Johnson or Kyle Walker.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Maybe it's more to do with him literally not being Glen loving Johnson or Kyle Walker.

This also Clyne not starting over the aforementioned is also a joke

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Andros Townsend is over Adam Johnson? smfh

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The best thing is that discounting Lambert and Chambers who moved to their clubs this summer, 8 out of the 23 players in that squad finished in the top four.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Roy must go

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Tony Pulis for the England job.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Tony Pulis for the Wales job.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

Total Meatlove posted:

He's not even getting a start, he's included in the squad to get him used to the occasion. You've got a better argument for Stones to partner Jagielka for a half to give him a cap than to let Chambers on the pitch.
He's the only proper right back, so hopefully he'll start unless Roy wants to put Jones there again to make *really* sure it doesn't work.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Cork and Ward Prowse will get called up before 2016, Clyne is going to get a call up soon if not in this round of friendlies, Lallana and Rodriguez would never have seen an England squad under Capello.

Didn't Capello call up a bunch of random players before suddenly falling back on Lampard and Gerrard?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Leighton Baines sucks dick

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Leighton Baines' trademark move is the "underlap," where he laps up the sweat from under a dude's balls

Psybro
May 12, 2002

8raz posted:

I like this post because the fact that the rest of the team are garbage seems to be irrelevant. Good luck to the next captain!!

Gerrard had the chance to be the best of a bad bunch for a change and just went back to pinging Hollywood balls into the hoardings again. What a clown.

poo poo Farm posted:

Didn't Capello call up a bunch of random players before suddenly falling back on Lampard and Gerrard?

Michael Mancienne, Jimmy Bullard, David Wheater, mmm, tasty.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 28, 2014

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'd literally forgotten Michael Mancienne existed.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

TelekineticBear! posted:

I like this a lot, but Calum CHambers inclusion is a loving joke

Who would you have in the squad instead?

quote:

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Stoke City FC hero and destroyer of legs Ryan Shawcross

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Off top of my head I can think of two occasions where the good "Liverpool's Steven Gerrard" turned up for England, 2001 and 2010. I look forward to him coming out of retirement/the grave in 2100. Or 2019, depending on the pattern.

ragle posted:

Who would you have in the squad instead?

Clyne, Curtis Davies, just to pluck a couple out of the air. It was loving criminal of Roy to not take Davies to Brazil given the options he had available and the season Davies had.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Is anyone expecting Smalling to still be playing for England, or indeed a Premier League club, in 3 years' time?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Psybro posted:

Is anyone expecting Smalling to still be playing for England, or indeed a Premier League club, in 3 years' time?
Yes, he's a good centreback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paperhouse posted:

Yes, he's a good centreback.

Injuries will see him out of the top flight very soon I think. Not playing enough to develop as a defender.

• Locked thread