Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Frank Lampard has retired from the EMNT :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's more to do with him literally not being Glen loving Johnson or Kyle Walker.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Off top of my head I can think of two occasions where the good "Liverpool's Steven Gerrard" turned up for England, 2001 and 2010. I look forward to him coming out of retirement/the grave in 2100. Or 2019, depending on the pattern.

ragle posted:

Who would you have in the squad instead?

Clyne, Curtis Davies, just to pluck a couple out of the air. It was loving criminal of Roy to not take Davies to Brazil given the options he had available and the season Davies had.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

Injuries will see him out of the top flight very soon I think. Not playing enough to develop as a defender.

All of our senior centrebacks have had and continue to have horrible injury problems, I think someone needs to start seriously looking at the physios and coaches. It's like we've a back line made of what's left of Diaby, stuffed into Anderton's shoes and given a Dyer mask.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Redundant posted:

Another case of the Micah Richards effect looms on the horizon.

He also has poo poo distribution which is a problem for anyone planning on finishing in the top 6.

There was something sinister about how Jones played when Smalling went off injured against Sunderland and Jones became this commanding ballplaying centreback that could tackle and was at times the reason it stayed 1-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lucky you have strength in depth eh

Great post from last week, idiot.

• Locked thread