Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
If you want something not-Mexico, take a look at the Couples Resorts. I've only stayed at one, and that was years ago, but it was at Swept Away at Negril in Jamaica and amazing. First nice thing, no kids, but without the skeezy element you might get from a Hedonism, it's more about fun and romance rather than random sex with middle age disease factories.

The whole resort felt a lot less 'resorty' than a lot of other places, and more about an escape, if that makes sense. Even though it's been awhile, the reviews are still really solid. We went off site a couple of times and felt safe (not sure how that compares to Mexico, I'm admittedly not that worldly) between shopping in the market district nearby as well as parasailing. Oh, and for the beachfront room, there was no television, which I honestly welcomed, not that it would have been turned on.

I just checked the prices at http://couples.com/swept-away/ and it's $3500 for the two of you for seven nights there, arriving July 31st, leaving August 7th, for a beachfront room, which if you can afford it, is awesome. I counted 31 steps from our back deck until toes in the water. Oh, and it's a small thing, but the buildings in the resort at the time were only two stories tall, compared to many I saw that were three, so fewer people running around overall.

The only negative was that I got dinged $75 when they had to drill our safe when I lost our key snorkeling, but that was my fault and who knows, maybe they have electronic safes now.

Elwood P Dowd fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread