Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

I'm sorry dude but from what you describe there wasn't going to be any saving your ferret even if you had gotten him to the most expert ferret vet in the world. Hopefully he didn't suffer too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

I get that and it sucks, I've dealt with the same thing myself when I needed someone to help me with my rats. On the other hand having worked with vets that both do treat and don't treat exotics I do understand why they would turn you away. If a vet doesn't have the training to treat a particular species and the animal dies in their care the owner could sue the poo poo out of them. Owners sue vets because their own pet bites them during an exam that they insist on being a part of so unfortunately the vets have to cover their asses. Again, I'm really, really sorry about your ferret. :(

• Locked thread