Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SRvJb5Pp8

An Actual World Cup song, but I prefer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz8FWPUmpI

Australia is a country in the southern hemisphere who most recently were seen doing dumb things like not offering tax exemption for life or paying cash bribes to FIFA exco members on the way to getting no votes in the voting that led to Qatar hosting the 2022 world cup. Recently Australia has beaten Costa Rica and Canada and had a narrow loss to Ecuador after being up 3-0 at half time.

Ange Pestocoglu, dual A League winning coach, is in control of the Socceroos and is kicking out all the dead wood like Lucas Neill. Hopefully getting bounced out in the first round in shocking fashion won’t end with him getting sacked as he needs time to get rid of all the past it players and build from the youth.

Australia has been lucky enough to be placed in a group where the question is less how many points can they realistically get and more will they have a single digit negative goal difference. There is a slight chance that a draw may be possible against Chile but expect farcical drubbings from both Spain and the Netherlands.

Keepers

Matty Ryan

He is our first choice keeper now that Mark Schwarzer has decided that sitting on a bench at Chelsea is the most he is willing to do in the pursuit of football. He plays for Club Brugge and is young enough to have not succumbed to the A League curse that normally afflicts our keepers.

Mitchell Langerak

The backup keeper for Borrussia Dortmund. He has played 3 games for Australia so far and let in 10 goals and received a red card. Don’t expect to see him get in the nets unless a disaster happens. Even if a disaster happens we are probably better off with an outfield player.

Defenders

Ivan Franjic

Part time fullback and full time clogger from the A League. One of the many players to have passed through the Brisbane roar.

Luke Wilkshire

Old man Luke actually plays for Dynamo Moscow! An actual team in Europe! He is a full back and might actually provide some attacking options.

Jason Davidson

A centreback from Heracles in the Eredivisee. What a great sign of defensive competence that is.

Matt Spiranovic

Scored a goal in the A League grand final which looked like the winner until Brisbane Roar crushed the hopes and dreams of another team from New South Wales. He is reasonably competent but if he plays like he does in Australia he will have a red card inside 5 minutes and never be seen again.

Curtis Good

Youth teamer at Newcastle United in england. Ask a magpie if he is any good because I haven’t seen him play a game.

Bailey Wright

From sunny Preston North End comes another youngster who is famous for being implicated in a betting scandal. I haven’t seen him play before either.

Midfielders

Mark Milligan

Currently lays in the A League. Spent time playing in China and in Japan, which he fled in the wake of the tsunami. Used the Tsunami as an excuse to get a free tansfer to Melbourne.

Tom Rogic

Was a promising young star of the A League who was sold to Celtic. Turned out he was too poo poo for the SPL and is back in the A League.

Tommy Oar

One Third of the FC Utrech 3 for 1 deal. Good player and will feature heavily at the world cup.

Adam Sarota

Another third of the Utrech 3 for 1. Not as good as Oar and a bit part player at best

James Troisi

Currently at Melbourne Victory on loan from Atalanta in Italy. Spent some time in Turkey and was on the books at Newcastle.

Mile Jedinak

Captain corageous of the Socceroos and a stalwart for Crystal Pulis. Had an injury fear but seems to be clear to play in the cup.

James Holland

A newer face in the side. Plays in Austria but had a few games for Rotterdamm before hand.

Matt Mckay

Brisbane Roar legend, part time fullback but usually plays in the midfield running around like a white, shite Ramires. He is so bad he single handedly killed Rangers by transferring there.

Dario Vidosic

His dad is a useless oval office and he is also a useless oval office. Owned by Sion in Switzerland, came back on loan to the A league to do essentially nothing. Tends to play in an attacking role.

Massimo Luongo

Youth player for Spurs before being sold to Swindon when they realised he was a total trashman clown. Only plkayed once for Australia and probably won’t make the final 23.

Mark Bresciano

This man is a living legend of the Socceroos. Scores goals some times. Played more games than Pissflaps has made wrong predicitons about liverpool.

Forwards

Tim Cahill

Tiny Tim is a legend currently playing at New York Red Bull with Terry Henry (not the brother of Karl). Before that he filled the gaping void at Everton when Wayne Rooney left. I love him and you should too. He is the oldest guy in the squad.

Joshua Kennedy

Playing in Japan, good striker but not quite up to snuff compared to Tim. Will still get games because Robbie Kruse died. RIP.

Byolante’s patented spot the oval office game

Australia has a lot of football pundits and aside from Les Murray they are all cunts, especially Craig Foster. If you see one please punch him in the face.

DO NOT LET THIS MAN NEAR ANY WHITE POWDER

Byolante fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

gently caress I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS THREAD LITERALLY RIGHT NOW

I don't like your criticism of Big Mitch Langerak, he's just rusty not poo poo, honest

e.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 25, 2014

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Looks like a poo poo team OP, in this poster's opinion

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

pizzaman5000 posted:

Post a New Zealand thread

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Croatia B

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I hope Ryan does well

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

pizzaman5000 posted:

You are just mad that the only professional soccer team in New Zealand is pov charity case from the FFA

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I think you'll find Mark Viduka retired a while ago and now lives on a yacht somewhere

belgend posted:

I hope Ryan does well

He's very good op, obviously not world class but he's already good enough to start for a Premier League team imo

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Wouldn't go that far. He still needs to learn and therefore I think it would be better if he signed a new deal for like 4 years at Club Brugge Koninklijke Voetbalvereniging

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Bad OP, not enough of

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
An australia thread with no mention of Harry Kewell? Voted 1, ban OP

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

the sex ghost posted:

An australia thread with no mention of Harry Kewell? Voted 1, ban OP

thiiiiis it should have just been a post about our squad from 2006 imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

plus a million pictures of robbie kruse's knees and me crying

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Out pops a smiling kev muscat

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I don't think Australia are going back home with any points. A draw against Chile is as deluded as a draw against the Netherlands. Not saying it won't happen, and I haven't watched a single Australia game, but the other 3 teams are probably way better.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Total Meatlove posted:

Out pops a smiling kev muscat

rip

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tetsman posted:

I don't think Australia are going back home with any points. A draw against Chile is as deluded as a draw against the Netherlands. Not saying it won't happen, and I haven't watched a single Australia game, but the other 3 teams are probably way better.

I think it is a slight chance, like 5-10%. I am honestly expecting 0 points and a GD of -10+

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Hellooooooo new postin stompin grounds

I am not a self-flagellating fan. Netherlands? Netherheard of them, 3 points. Spain, more like Reverse Cowboy Portugal. 3 points, 4 goals. Each half. Chile? Not even how you spell it you spastics, and it's a food. QED mofuckers

edited to add triumphant stance of the South Melbourne Hellas greatest son

Tongues fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 25, 2014

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs1lUK4jas

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
Thought this was tonights' AFC cup final thread.
Voted one.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Byolante posted:

You are just mad that the only professional soccer team in New Zealand is pov charity case from the FFA

This is not true!!!!!!!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hear all Australians are racists is this true? Why are there no black people on the roster?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Australia will win three (3) games and crash out in glorious fashion to some other minnow nation

And I will watch it all, including tonights possible shitshow against the Seth Efricans :boonie:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

oliwan posted:

I hear all Australians are racists is this true? Why are there no black people on the roster?

This is true.

We've got Timmy Cahil though!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

oliwan posted:

Australia is the worse place i the world and australians are the worst people, any bad thing you can think of is enthusiastically embraced by the slack jawed locals.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Australia is the worse place i the world and australians are the worst people, any bad thing you can think of is enthusiastically embraced by the slack jawed locals.

gently caress off we're full

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

gently caress off we're full oval office

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

oval office off we're oval office, oval office

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Wow as a gay person of colour im very surprised to be told to gently caress off by a pair of australians!!!!!!!!!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
/

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

fat gay nonce posted:

Wow as a gay person of colour im very surprised to be told to gently caress off by a pair of australians!!!!!!!!!

Technically I was referring to byolante. This australian on australian abuse has to stop

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oliwan posted:

We don't have any black people. I've never even met one.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

We don't have any black people. I've never even met one.

I met a black person once but thankfully the department of immigration sent him to Nauru.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Is anyone itt going to watch our game against South Africa tonight? I think kick off is at 7:30

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The only black person I ever met while living in Australia was my gardener.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Funky Koval posted:

The only black person I ever met while living in Australia was my gardener.

This is demonstrably false. We have neither gardens, nor black people. Australia is as homogeneous as a block of cheese, that we have also named after a racist term.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is anyone itt going to watch our game against South Africa tonight? I think kick off is at 7:30

As long as it is on the Subtitled Broadcast Service so us dirty proles can enjoy it, I will probably be watching and waving my op shop socceroos scarf

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

As long as it is on the Subtitled Broadcast Service so us dirty proles can enjoy it, I will probably be watching and waving my op shop socceroos scarf

Nah it'll be in Fox sports 2 so I'll be streaming it from some dodgy Chinese website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Polish is the Australian black

• Locked thread