Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Alex_R posted:

wait what is there a game on?

final friendly before the world cup

http://soccerembed.com/btsports_1.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Alex_R posted:

wait what is there a game on?

AND WHAT A GAME

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
It amuses me that no matter how terrible the stream I choose to watch on, I can always tell when Matt McKay has the ball because he has this weird running thing with the ball where he holds his arms up like a t-rex.

It'll be all you can see now

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

It amuses me that no matter how terrible the stream I choose to watch on, I can always tell when Matt McKay has the ball because he has this weird running thing with the ball where he holds his arms up like a t-rex.

It'll be all you can see now

the poo poo australian raheem sterling

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

the poo poo australian raheem sterling

:psyduck:

You know when you have those moments of absolute clarity? When all space and time makes sense and you are outside of eternity?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

milligan just put a shot insanely far wide, it bounced around in the box for a while before it came back to him and he did exactly the same thing again

hes great

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

:psyduck:

You know when you have those moments of absolute clarity? When all space and time makes sense and you are outside of eternity?

i cant wait to see robben and mckay go up against each other in the silly run world cup, and then robben and sterling to meet in the semis ftw

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

final friendly before the world cup

http://soccerembed.com/btsports_1.php

Sweet thanks for the link!

Tongues posted:

AND WHAT A GAME

im pumped, op!!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

New Zealand went undefeated at the previous World Cup.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

they had good defenders

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Ratios and Tendency posted:

and they will go undefeated again in this world cup

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol davidson's done his knee too, gently caress this pitch and gently caress this game

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
davidson is so bad

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im off to play futsal now, i hope we dont lose in the next 10 min and in fact i hope we score another goal and dont concede any

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Robbie Fowler posted:

davidson is so bad

he is but who else do you put there, fifa curbstomped our dreams of Big Adama Traore playing for australia

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Perhaps we could devise some sort of Foosball style tournament where knees are taken entirely out of the equation.

Spain will never pierce our Space Invader-esque side-to-side crab-crawl defense strategy

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

im off to play futsal now, i hope we dont lose in the next 10 min and in fact i hope we score another goal and dont concede any

You need to calm down, you're embarrassing us in front of the other nations.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

good luck, im playing futsal tomorrow lunchtime

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

he is but who else do you put there, fifa curbstomped our dreams of Big Adama Traore playing for australia

david carney lol. :smithicide: i wonder if fanny itch can play on the left with wilkshire on the right

my futsal nights are wednesday but that's cancelled this week because of origin. :(

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
AND HERE COMES JESUS

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Goddamnit Cahil would have nailed that poo poo to the wall

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

good luck, im playing futsal tomorrow lunchtime

All you futsal player come play outdoor and gently caress your knees up with the rest of us - it is the Australian way

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
How come there are no crazy Australians insisting on sending their best rugby athletes to the world cup? I would love love that.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I'm more of a ruining my hamstrings/ankles man myself.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

tetsman posted:

How come there are no crazy Australians insisting on sending their best rugby athletes to the world cup? I would love love that.

Rugby fans haven't figured out the internet yet.

That or fat fingers, dialing wand, etc.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

All you futsal player come play outdoor and gently caress your knees up with the rest of us - it is the Australian way

Where are these outside games???

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

Where are these outside games???

We're all outside somewhere, young Alex

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
"Why aren't we sending our best AFL players to the World Cup? I reckon Port Adelaide's Rising Star Jarman Impey would be a strong defender for the Socceroos, drat them koalas!" is something I would say if I were Australian

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

We're all outside somewhere, young Alex

Thats deep, like way profound. Im zoning out

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tetsman posted:

"Why aren't we sending our best AFL players to the World Cup? I reckon Port Adelaide's Rising Star Jarman Impey would be a strong defender for the Socceroos, drat them koalas!" is something I would say if I were Australian

send 11 sam newmans

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I've actually blown out both knees playing futsal so I think I'd fit perfectly into anges system

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alex_R posted:

send 11 sam newmans

11 Todd Carneys

Also lol what a poo poo match, I will need to buy even more alcohol than I expected to get through this world cup

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

11 Todd Carneys

Also lol what a poo poo match, I will need to buy even more alcohol than I expected to get through this world cup

make it so

e: that applies to both including your ninja edit too

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

tetsman posted:

I'm sure we'll get there soon enough, the top flight professional leagues of the biggest sports here have only gone truly capital P Professional in the past 20 years or so, even in the nineties you'd have players smoking on the sidelines and poo poo. This means that the biggest watchers of sport at the moment, young adults and up, all have some kind of memories of local heroes who were just like everyone else going on to becoming ridiculous freaks.

I'm sure in a decade or so, once we've had a couple full generations of people being raised from cradle to sports field to do their poo poo, we'll get people saying oh if only so and so played soccer they'd be loving tops.

Although AFL might work alright, those fuckers have to be fit as poo poo and don't give a gently caress about putting their body on the line. Hate playing against those fucks

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also all AFL fans are from the arsehole of Australia (Victoria) just like football fans.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Also, according to my extensive googling just now, apparently Kwame Yeboah was in fact born on the gold coast. Sign him the gently caress up Ange, I don't care if he wants to play for Ghana

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Also all AFL fans are from the arsehole of Australia (Victoria) just like football fans.

This is probably the truer of the posts.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

so does that make tasmania the limpy balls in your analogy?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Bogan Krkic posted:

they had good defenders

I just mean that you guys will get hammered and are poo poo and have no chance of living up to our brave effort at the last tournament. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alex_R posted:

so does that make tasmania the limpy balls in your analogy?

the cancerous growth on your leg that saps away all your energy and you really want to cut off from the rest of your body.

• Locked thread