Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Hellooooooo new postin stompin grounds

I am not a self-flagellating fan. Netherlands? Netherheard of them, 3 points. Spain, more like Reverse Cowboy Portugal. 3 points, 4 goals. Each half. Chile? Not even how you spell it you spastics, and it's a food. QED mofuckers

edited to add triumphant stance of the South Melbourne Hellas greatest son

Tongues fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Australia will win three (3) games and crash out in glorious fashion to some other minnow nation

And I will watch it all, including tonights possible shitshow against the Seth Efricans :boonie:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

oliwan posted:

I hear all Australians are racists is this true? Why are there no black people on the roster?

This is true.

We've got Timmy Cahil though!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

gently caress off we're full oval office

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

oval office off we're oval office, oval office

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
/

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

fat gay nonce posted:

Wow as a gay person of colour im very surprised to be told to gently caress off by a pair of australians!!!!!!!!!

Technically I was referring to byolante. This australian on australian abuse has to stop

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Funky Koval posted:

The only black person I ever met while living in Australia was my gardener.

This is demonstrably false. We have neither gardens, nor black people. Australia is as homogeneous as a block of cheese, that we have also named after a racist term.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is anyone itt going to watch our game against South Africa tonight? I think kick off is at 7:30

As long as it is on the Subtitled Broadcast Service so us dirty proles can enjoy it, I will probably be watching and waving my op shop socceroos scarf

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nah it'll be in Fox sports 2 so I'll be streaming it from some dodgy Chinese website

:cryingtonyabbott:

what the gently caress good are our anti siphoning laws, there was like one bloody afl game on 7 this week and it was western bloody bulldogs and gold loving coast

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Youse good people

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress various things

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I TAKE IT ALL BACK

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

loving SCORE YOU CUNTS

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Well we've learned a little something about a league defenses today

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
We'll be rights lads, calm ya tits

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Funky Koval posted:

You're playing about as well as our C side did against german children the other week.

We're saving ourselves. We're not like some trollop teams, tarting it up all over before the big night

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress me what is with Australian knees

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Should drop Milligan to the backline, his passes still won't connect but at least he can get in the way of all the players around him

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
It would appear that ANZ's surface is somewhere between teflon and green babyshit on the scale of grippiness.

Is there any law that says how long football boot studs can be? I think I've got a solution to both our clumsiness woes and a way of increasing our defensive height by several feet

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

wait what is there a game on?

AND WHAT A GAME

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
It amuses me that no matter how terrible the stream I choose to watch on, I can always tell when Matt McKay has the ball because he has this weird running thing with the ball where he holds his arms up like a t-rex.

It'll be all you can see now

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

the poo poo australian raheem sterling

:psyduck:

You know when you have those moments of absolute clarity? When all space and time makes sense and you are outside of eternity?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Ratios and Tendency posted:

New Zealand went undefeated at the previous World Cup.

and they will go undefeated again in this world cup

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Perhaps we could devise some sort of Foosball style tournament where knees are taken entirely out of the equation.

Spain will never pierce our Space Invader-esque side-to-side crab-crawl defense strategy

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

im off to play futsal now, i hope we dont lose in the next 10 min and in fact i hope we score another goal and dont concede any

You need to calm down, you're embarrassing us in front of the other nations.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
AND HERE COMES JESUS

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Goddamnit Cahil would have nailed that poo poo to the wall

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

good luck, im playing futsal tomorrow lunchtime

All you futsal player come play outdoor and gently caress your knees up with the rest of us - it is the Australian way

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

tetsman posted:

How come there are no crazy Australians insisting on sending their best rugby athletes to the world cup? I would love love that.

Rugby fans haven't figured out the internet yet.

That or fat fingers, dialing wand, etc.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

Where are these outside games???

We're all outside somewhere, young Alex

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

tetsman posted:

"Why aren't we sending our best AFL players to the World Cup? I reckon Port Adelaide's Rising Star Jarman Impey would be a strong defender for the Socceroos, drat them koalas!" is something I would say if I were Australian

I'm sure we'll get there soon enough, the top flight professional leagues of the biggest sports here have only gone truly capital P Professional in the past 20 years or so, even in the nineties you'd have players smoking on the sidelines and poo poo. This means that the biggest watchers of sport at the moment, young adults and up, all have some kind of memories of local heroes who were just like everyone else going on to becoming ridiculous freaks.

I'm sure in a decade or so, once we've had a couple full generations of people being raised from cradle to sports field to do their poo poo, we'll get people saying oh if only so and so played soccer they'd be loving tops.

Although AFL might work alright, those fuckers have to be fit as poo poo and don't give a gently caress about putting their body on the line. Hate playing against those fucks

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Also, according to my extensive googling just now, apparently Kwame Yeboah was in fact born on the gold coast. Sign him the gently caress up Ange, I don't care if he wants to play for Ghana

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Also all AFL fans are from the arsehole of Australia (Victoria) just like football fans.

This is probably the truer of the posts.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

so does that make tasmania the limpy balls in your analogy?

Gooch.

The Australian Antarctic Territory is the balls.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I just mean that you guys will get hammered and are poo poo and have no chance of living up to our brave effort at the last tournament. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

You are a guest in this thread young man

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

oliwan posted:

what's wrong with making GBS threads my pants and wearing nappies as an adult i hear it's beautiful

Some people will defend anything I swear

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

foolish_fool posted:

The injury list (Kruse :( ) is pretty irritating but whatever; I have to believe that we are going to win the world cup. Or at least knock out Spain on our way to glorious defeat against New Zealand later on.

Since the kiwis didn't even qualify :smuggo: we'll have to settle for the phoenix becoming a real team and knocking out some plucky state league team in the ffa cup

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Couldn't have put it better myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

goodog posted:

tasmania is to australia what australia is to the rest of the world

Like Tasmanians even know there's a "rest of the world"

All I know about Tasmania is that when I was little my mum told me that a whale bellyflopped onto bass strait and that's why they're separate. If you must know more go ask a library or some poo poo I don't know

• Locked thread