Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I might watch some or even all of Australia's games, stay tuned for updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Never mind, I'll watch the first one because it's at 8am but gently caress 2am.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I like penalties.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Flipside is that expectations are so low that if we score a goal the country will vote 5, go hog wild.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
As a Heart fan I'm fine with the name change, but glad they're not going baby blue. And the old red and white that prompted me to join will be used for away matches. And yeah, DV. Good times.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah, I am down with this. Pretty good home strip but the away strip is still my favourite in the comp.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
That would have been amazing.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm going to set my alarm for 2am every morning and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxfGvT1nTM

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah I like it a lot. Beats the hell out of the 'official' Australian song.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

Yeah I like it a lot. Beats the hell out of the 'official' Australian song.

Ha, just saw this: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/zinedine-zidane-is-les-murray-the-world-cups-newest-pop-star-20140609-zs1pl.html

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
SOCCER BLOODY SOCCER chants across the nation

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
It's started.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Wow I just went into the gameday thread and see what you mean about people being mad. What is it about this sport that makes everyone so angry? :(

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I was at a quiz night last week, room of fifty people, no team knew the name of the captain. I think we put Cahill or something.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Selwood obviously because he dives.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah aside from the first nervous 15 minutes they did well.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
This is the youngest team we've ever fielded and they're getting valuable experience and not embarrassing themselves. It's a good result.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know the cup was going to be here or was so soon. Bought tickets to the Melbourne quarter final, which may or may not feature Australia.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Austin Powers levels of Dutch hatred ITT.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

oliwan posted:

Sorry about tonight, Australia. Maybe if you weren't so racist we wouldn't score all the goals.

If it helps I live in a state discovered by and named after a Dutchman instead of the people who lived here for tens of thousands of years beforehand.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah I'm excited about this team. So young, if they keep it up they'll hopefully qualify with a better seeding next time.

Have booked the quarter final of the Asian Cup that Australia will hopefully be involved in. A shame for me though that games at individual stadiums aren't scheduled closer together, since I'll be flying in for only a few days.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
One of my friends hates soccer and loves basketball and started a great troll with this facebook status:
"Patty Mills' performance this week > Tim Cahill's performance this week. By a mile."

The discussion has now turned to how more basketball shirts are sold in Australia than soccer ones.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I simply said that Ponting has scored more than either of them.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
If Triple M called the Cahill goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygc3IfN-gjA

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Probably a good thing the forums were down for the last game.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Still a breath of fresh air after AFL commentary. They feel the need to ensure someone is always talking. Less is more, guys.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I don't live in melb anymore so won't see any heart/city but I think South Hobart has a home game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
That's interesting, I would've thought they'd have all the A league teams play lower tier teams in week one. It's like playing the fifth to eighth seeds against each other in round one of Wimbledon.

• Locked thread