Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Byolante posted:

Also all AFL fans are from the arsehole of Australia (Victoria) just like football fans.
All of Australia's sports fans full stop are in Victoria

8raz posted:

This thread is full of anger and prejudice. How fitting.
pfft go vote for UKIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Uh Rogic got cut from the final squad http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...3-1226942083654

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Well luckily he did and it was Wilkshire that got cut!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
^^^^^ isn't Bresh still in the squad?

Wilkshire, aside from being fat and slow, apparently has hada shocking attitude in training and the friendlies. Not worth having around in that case.
Also to me it looks like Rogic has OP. A rest will do him good

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

Anyone watch enough of him to know why he dropped completely off the national team radar?
He's barely been able to get on the park through injury. He'll have signed under the cap because he sees this as his last chance

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
That is a great post and I agree with every element of it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
So. David Villa eh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I really wish City had just actively trolled the AFL and gone for black and white stripes. It would have been interesting to see if Eddie melted down or ditched his principles to try and buddy up to them and extract some of them sweet sweet petro-dirhams.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

This is only vaguely World Cup related, but I've signed up for a futsal World Cup tournament on Sunday, and if any other Melbourne based posters want to play some futsal and pretend to be Libyan for a day you're more than welcome to come and get pumped for the World Cup with me, NinjaSteve and dive in two footed on actual Libyans for an afternoon.
Haha that sounds awesome. Where is it?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bg54MVGw04

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
It's sad that Clive Palmer's party is actually viewed as a genuine alternative to our two major parties

also SBS playing a retrospective on the 06 World Cup omg

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
"It just had to be Harry."

Such a good line.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
That Van Persie goal hooooly poo poo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Ugh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Dang. Would've bitten your arm off if you offered me that before the game sl I guess it's a good sign that I'm disappointed.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Is anyone watching SBS? What the gently caress is going on with Clint Bolton's eye??
I noticed that, it looks gross as

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Bit rough on Troisi, he was surely Victory's best player last season and he'd be our second best in that position after Bresh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Boozel posted:

I'm a Netherlands fan - just wanted to say you Socceroos played a really great game! I really wish you were in a different group, because you certainly would have made it out of almost any of the others. Look forward to the next WC - I think you guys will make it far!

Also, I'll be watching the AUS-ESP game. I'm looking forward to one last gangbeat of Spain. If you play like you did today, it's gonna be a steamroll.
I appreciate the sentiment and don't mean any disrespect to you or your team who I'd quite like to see win the tournament, but I'm really looking forward to a time where we don't get patronised by opposing fans after a loss.

In other news, a guy on twitter's trying to tell me Mat Ryan's been responsible for four of the six goals we've condeded including Robben's this morning :psyduck:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

my stepdads beer posted:

it's easy to blame to the goalie as it's the most obvious. sure for a few they looked savable but you have to ask how did that even get to that? for one of goals this morning we gave that sub who had two names so much space for him to turn and shoot
I would say he could've saved the third this morning, but the defenders needed to close down quicker. He probably wasn't expecting a shot which is naive

gabensraum posted:

One of my friends hates soccer and loves basketball and started a great troll with this facebook status:
"Patty Mills' performance this week > Tim Cahill's performance this week. By a mile."

The discussion has now turned to how more basketball shirts are sold in Australia than soccer ones.
I probably wouldn't have gotten involved in that but that is a high quality troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

It would have been great to smash South Melb but I'll settle for some poo poo Western Australian team. Do we play home and away? I literally have no idea how the FFA Cup works but I'm keen for it
The teams that finished in the finals last year all have to play lower league teams away. The bottom four teams play against each other.

• Locked thread