Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Captain Geech posted:

I got Australia in my work's World Cup drawing. At first I was sad, but then I remembered that this is sports and anything can happen in sports, right?

Right?
If this was the Rugby League world cup you'd be set mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

After the first 15 minutes I was thinking we would lose 6-0 but I'm impressed with how much more competitive we looked after our first goal.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Spain are obviously poo poo, they lost 5-1, and the Netherlands have a worse squad than Chile. We're topping the group for sure lads
I like this line of thinking. :australia:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Tim "Boohoo the cheating foreigners are all cheating cheats, oh, and the ref is like totaly against us" Cahill ladies and gents.

http://www.theage.com.au/fifa-world...0614-zs7w4.html

I remember Lucas Neill saying similar things after a defeat as well.
To be fair, the Chileans were diving cunts and the idiot ref believed almost every single one. I even saw the ref helping the Chilean players up off the ground. :wtc:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I am really impressed with how well we were holding possession this match compared to the Chile game. It's almost like slowly all the different elements that make a good football team are coming together.

It's going to be interesting to see who steps up to fill the large void that Cahill's suspension will leave in the next match.

• Locked thread