Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Paddyb posted:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yn7LSufUE&sns=em
][/url]

drat nice in fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Ok I forfeit the US Germany match for bad phone posting.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Bogan Krkic posted:

Get bigger tables

on it

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

As supporter of the mighty Bayers of Leverkusen, #4 side in the Bundesliga, I too fully support Mein Country's squad despite the fact that we sent zero players this year. I am looking forward to 5 (five) quality games before the boys come home with the prestigious quarterfinal runners-up trophy.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

wow lots of defeatism itt (in this thread)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
i wouldn't mind a bit of currywurst right now to be honest.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ponce de Le0n posted:

i wouldn't mind a bit of currywurst right now to be honest.

Same but it's like 11:30 at night on a sunday.

I'll get a Doner tomorrow to make up for it i guess.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

x-post from the nihon thread

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
What's a Marin?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

x-post from the nihon thread

マリン は かわいい ですね.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

What's a Marin?

a miserable pile of flops

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

a miserable pile of flops

Remember how he'd be subbed in late at the EL-final and promptly subbed out? Good times.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

All joking asides, I really feel Germany have a decent shot at winning their first World Cup this year.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chris de Sperg posted:

All joking asides, I really feel Germany have a decent shot at winning their first World Cup this year.

I think you are right. We are not the favorites by far, but if Italy gets eliminated by somebody else we have a chance to win it. We probably won't though, especially if important players keep getting injured. But it's not inconceivable that we get lucky. The other teams are fighting with problems of their own.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
I like Ze Germanz

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Won't make it past RO16 after Neuer pulls an arm muscle diving for all the shots Jozy is going to put just over the cross bar or past the post

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

its ok, Löw told him he can relax when Jozy is on the ball cause he heard that hes still poo poo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have an idea for a chant, it goes "Germany, Germany, over all" and you can probably think up some more lines. You'd have to translate it to German though.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

vyelkin posted:

I have an idea for a chant, it goes "Germany, Germany, over all" and you can probably think up some more lines. You'd have to translate it to German though.

ha

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I will be cheering for this country, from which my grandparents emigrated in the 1930's for some reason or other that's not talked about a lot.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

I like the look of these lads, should do well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lets get this thread to 6 million posts

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vaginal culture posted:

Lets get this thread to 6 million posts

red star = admin
blue star = mod
yellow star = people that troll itt

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

red star = admin
blue star = mod

drat nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hopterque posted:

Pretty sad about no Mario Gomez, but all the Gomezbutton websites are down anyway.

Gomez played about 45 minutes of competitive football this year because he was constantly broken. I feel bad for the guy.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

ephex posted:

red star = admin
blue star = mod

:getin:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

ephex posted:

red star = admin
blue star = mod

I'll allow it

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
i'm glad der volk are still able to express themselves freely despite the last 70 years of cultural and political oppression

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Holy poo poo, Klose got a call up? My only wish now is that he breaks Ronaldo's record.

Don't let us down, Low! :argh:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ronaldo giving a traditional Bavarian "hello friend" salute to Germano-Brazillians before absolutely devastating the Manschaft.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why wasn't Gomez called up?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the posted:

Injured for nearly the entire season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the posted:

Not German enough.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/worldcupcentral/id/4593/world-cup-posters?cc=5739

quote:

ESPN commissioned Brazilian artist and graphic designer Cristiano Siqueira to create a series of uniquely designed images in celebration of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Each piece tells a unique story of the heroes who will lead their countries on the pitch this summer along with an artistic representation of each of the 32 team nicknames. The artwork is a celebration of the unbridled passion that only the World Cup can evoke around the globe.

:negative:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ah yes, the team nickname that nobody in Germany uses.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

So, I'm sure I will out myself as a total noob, but who is the guy in the front? I can (barely) recognize Schweini and Mesut there, but I can't place the other one.

And as Dunban said, that nickname is a myth.

But it could have been worse:

And I cannot imagine that this image will be all too popular with several nations, given recent events:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's Neymar.

It's Lahm.

Also, Özil kinda looks like Götze. It's bizarre.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

It's Neymar.

It's Lahm.

Also, Özil kinda looks like Götze. It's bizarre.

Seriously? I still don't see it. It really is bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It is a terrible likeness. If it wasn't for the 16 on his shirt my first guess would have been a terrible likeness of Reus.

• Locked thread