Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

woke up and die Gauchos still gehn so, feels even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Agreed.

Also lmao at people all mad because it's racist.

Uh duh its germany everyone is racist as hell here.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
but argentina are white, how can you be racist to them? hahaha

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

advanced statsman posted:

and it's not even racist. it's just media clickbait and twitter bullshit

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
I thought it was the German equivalent of tumblr outrage "ugh, really, die instead of das?? ugh"

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

It's just the perfect example of a media cycle created out of the need to produce clicks after the actual event has ended. First you have opinion pieces about how outrageous and racist the whole thing is, then you write articles about how social media has been talking up a storm about #gauchogate, and then you round it off a day later with editorials about how the whole issue is blown out of proportion and representative of the country still struggling with its national identity. :rolleyes:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
if they were my team, i would've let them yell 'hail hitler 666' all they wanted and called it poetry

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

it's super useful for weeding out the bitches who dont watch football between tournaments though

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kramer asked the ref whether the game against Argentina was a final after being bodychecked. :D

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's true though, Die Gauchos die gehen so.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They really do, die Gauchos hatten den Gang doch vorgeführt nach dem Finale.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Healbot posted:

Kramer asked the ref whether the game against Argentina was a final after being bodychecked. :D

poor guy has to be reminded daily that yes, Germany won the the whole thing

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Argentina is nazis

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

They really do, die Gauchos hatten den Gang doch vorgeführt nach dem Finale.

It's not authentic without Messi's thousand-yard stare of disappointed emptiness, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ozil donated the bonus money from winning so a bunch of Brazilian kids could get surgery which is pretty cool of him imo

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

Ozil donated the bonus money from winning so a bunch of Brazilian kids could get surgery which is pretty cool of him imo

I wonder how the Daily Mails daily Özil wind-up piece will turn out now.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

Adding insult to injury

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Adding insult to injury

A bit cruel even for Neymar imo

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Professional players getting money for playing with their national team is loving disgusting.

I'm sure the only reason most African players even play for their national team is for the money.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

El Hefe posted:

Professional players getting money for playing with their national team is loving disgusting.

I'm sure the only reason most African players even play for their national team is for the money.

You're right that money would be better served supporting communities and peoples in need we should just do away with football entirely.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
No, they just need to stop giving even more money to these fuckers for playing with their national team, getting their chance to show their worth and promote themselves like James Rodriguez did should be enough.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

El Hefe posted:

No, they just need to stop giving even more money to these fuckers for playing with their national team, getting their chance to show their worth and promote themselves like James Rodriguez did should be enough.

Yes leave the poor FA's alone, fuckers can't pay their rent.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Yeah thats the thing most FA's are corrupt as poo poo so even if they didn't have to pay players money they'd use it to gently caress underage Algerian prostitutes instead of using the money for social programs.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I prefer the players get the money than FIFA just keeping them. I'm sure the ~800k bonus means a lot to the Costa Rican players.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'd prefer if the Costa Rican FA and all the other FA's would use the money to build training facilities for kids, buying balls, kits, etc.

But that's not the world we live in.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

El Hefe posted:

I'd prefer if the Costa Rican FA and all the other FA's would use the money to build training facilities for kids, buying balls, kits, etc.

this is a typical barcelona fan who can't see outside of his team full of $150k/week players

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I know a couple players in my extremely poo poo Venezuelan club which none of you have ever heard of and they live extremely comfortable lives.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

El Hefe posted:

Why not have both? German players get a bonus and there is also a multi-million dollar program for youth development. And if a player wants money in advance he won't play in the national team, see Bernd Schuster.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

The majority, or well.. the European FA's already do this??

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Hegay posted:

Sadly most of the world doesn't, that only happens in first world countries really.

That's why you have kids in Ghana playing in the dirt, barefoot, while the Ghanaian players request their millions of dollars or they refuse to play in the World Cup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hegay posted:

I think in England the players get to pick a charity their money goes to but I doubt thats usual in the slightest

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

I think in England the players get to pick a charity their money goes to but I doubt thats usual in the slightest

I meant the developing and building football facilities part.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Hefe posted:

How do you know James Rodriguez was not motivated by the extra money he would get from performing well and reaching later stages of the World Cup?

Jose posted:

I have a hunch that this is only done because otherwise the British press would crucify them for taking money for playing for England while Are Boys are dying overseas.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

vyelkin posted:

How do you know James Rodriguez was not motivated by the extra money he would get from performing well and reaching later stages of the World Cup?

He most certainly was but that shouldn't be the motivation to play for your country imo.

He's getting a huge raise at Monaco or getting transferred to RM for $100m for his performances at the World Cup anyway, more than enough compensation.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Don't listen to the Chavez fuckboy. No one should work a month for free.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Not even joking but my australian flat mate said this seriously.

She also didn't understand how Suarez could be racist against Evra because Suarez isn't white. edit: also questioned why the Brazilians kept praying because apparently only white people can be christian or something? Idk, it was all really dumb.

Edit: sorry, derailing. Anyway, turns out Germany are still Weltmeister. Holy poo poo.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 18, 2014

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
They don't, their club keeps paying them even while on vacation.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Good thing we're still Weltmeister, because otherwise this discussion would be super boring and out of place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Did you guys know that Germany won the World Cup? Just in case you forgot.

• Locked thread