Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Really hoping Klose breaks the record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Patting you all on the back this next game.

Lieber Deutschland :allears:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

antidote posted:

No one panic, no one "freak out." But there is only ONE team left in the tournament who will definitely beat us if we play them, as of today. No Spanish dickslap this year, boys.

Real relief, such a bummer to lose to Spain in the Eurocup and the WC. Soul crushing gently caress them.

I just hope not to have a repeat of 2006 with Italy. Would be interesting to see how teams adjust and how they confine Pirlo to see if the rest of Italy fall apart.

Hopefully?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Katana Gomai posted:

I can't believe both Spain and England got eliminated before we even played our second game. Surreal.

Best world cup

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
wrong thread

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Healbot posted:

Özil has ups and downs (he dramatically improved upon Schweinsteiger and Klose subbing in), but Khedira was never good enough as box-to-box player but certainly technically inept at losing the ball.

I just don't know what Löw sees in him. He barely improved from his Stuttgart days, the only difference is that massive price tag hanging around his neck.

He is a slower shittier Ballack and I don't understand it either. He is always too slow to get to places and gives up the ball constantly. I bite my nails any time the ball goes near him because I just know it's going to go bad.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

elbkaida posted:

I didn't think Lahm was THAT bad really, he'll probably catch himself until the next round.

What was up with playing Mustafi on the right back though? Would have liked to see Großkreutz there. Or maybe Durm in and switch Höwedes over. Or put Lahm out there. Must all be part of the grand plan of only playing centre backs. Maybe it was a sign to the backup players that anyone can make it into the team very suddenly? Cost us a goal.

Großkreutz is hurt IIRC. Or is that Reus?

I am such a lovely fan now, I used to be really up to date on things. =\

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

elbkaida posted:

Yeah, scoring only once vs opposition as clueless as the US is a bit alarming. Schweinsteiger looked good today, Lahm had some really weak passes though. Generally the tactics of not giving the US the space they had in the other games worked really well, you could see how they struggled to get any type of play going whenever they got the ball.
But there really needs to be more of a threat upfront. 13 shots to one goal is not a good ratio. Luckily next match shouldn't be too tough, let's see who makes it.

No need to score more than once. We are fine. Seemed like there were as many back passes as forward.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Afrika Korps ist wieder

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
What did Per say when he answered the first question,

Ich bin vollig XXX (sounds like wurst) wir XXXX letzen nacht und es ist?

gently caress me my German is getting bad =\ I understood the rest of it but his first answer not.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Smirr posted:

"Das is mir völlig wurscht, wir sind unter den letzten acht und das zählt"

ah okay thanks. I totally misheard it then

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
German press seems quite annoyed with Per speaking his mind. Even die Berliner Zeitung wasn't too happy with him.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Katana Gomai posted:

It's just the lovely garbage papers printed for idiots who are bitching about it. This is the only piece worth reading:

http://www.zeit.de/kultur/2014-07/mertesacker-wutausbruch-interview-fussball

I like die Berliner Zeitung :smith:

Katana Gomai posted:

Hummels is still down with the flu apparently.

TRINKT DAS WASSER NICHT :negative:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Is it bad that I miss Metzelder, someone hold me :negative:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Ja, oder Oui?

e:
gently caress me, I thought the game was today not tomorrow. I woke up so early to get so many things done so I could watch the game without interruption. RIP

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 3, 2014

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

South America's Karma decided to get everyone sick from the one country that didn't colonize it.

Great

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Healbot posted:

They were right in 'guessing' the formation Pep's Bayern would use against Dortmund last year, but it's gone downhill since.

No. The Bild is like The Sun / NY Post.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Deutschland-Nederlands final is going to be loving tasty.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Der Spiegel just sent me a push notification. Lahm, Schweini, Khedira and Klose are starting.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

the posted:

HELL YES KLOSE

BREAK THAT MOTHER FUCKIN RECORD

:woop:

It's great to see him start again. I don't remember him starting too many times in the last Eurocp or World Cup. Probably helps that garbageman Gomez can't play.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
e wrong thread

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Man I am loving worried about the final now. So used to seeing Germany trounce people and then bottle it at the end. Let's hope all goes well!

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Khedira really stepped it up and I have no idea what got into him.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I have to say I am a bit more worried about the final. If we would of won 2-1 whatever. But 7-1. Surely the next team is going to change things up now a bit.

Fuckkk

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

ephex posted:

Every German that got interviewed was like "hory poo poo piss this was not what we expected and the final will be quite something else compared to this so lets all take a deep breath"

Good.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Feel like the final is going to be the exact opposite, do we welcome the bandwagon?

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 9, 2014

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Congrats to Poland, the nation that brought the world the FIFA World Cup all time goal scoring leader Miroslav Klose.

Weak troll is weak

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Mean Bean Machine posted:

You're American, you're literally the bandwagon.

I don't think you know what bandwagon means.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Fluo posted:

He does, it is you who doesn't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Argentina would probably be easier to play against in the final but keeping the Netherlands with no world cup wins by the hands of Germany may be rather sweet.

I think a Dutch-German final would be a lot more epic to watch too..

I could go either way. I am really loving stressed about the final though.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I can't access this link from my workplace, can you give me the cliffnotes?
Are you being cheeky? If not what sort of work place doesn't allow Wikipedia? :stare:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Kein mehr Reise nach Buenes Ares

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Smirr posted:

I'm a Berliner too

Where in Berlin are you?

Hegay posted:

Think that dude might be a poser?? Maybe not a real German? I'll keep an eye on him.

I speak four loving languages, get off of my rear end. I haven't used German on a daily basis since January so it's a bit rusty. When you swap back and forth between languages often its completely normal to get rusty on one when the others start to go into the foreground.

I don't know what I did to piss you off so much but I am just going to leave you on ignore. I will try you again during the next world cup.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 10, 2014

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Smirr posted:

Neukölln or maybe rather New Collogne

Oh cool :) I used to live in Xberg and Zehlendorf for a bit (quite loving boring in the latter). I have been apartment shopping a bit in the center, can't wait to make my return back to the capitol.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Teron D Amun posted:

I'm sorry op

Neukölln is having a big revival last I heard. Kreuzberg getting a bit priced out. + The U-7/8 are the best ubahns :iamafag:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

antidote posted:

If we win on Sunday I am going to freak out. I was born in 1984 so the 1990 win was a little too soon for me and I don't remember the 1996 Euros much, so all I've known in my lifetime is international heartache. Maybe not as much as some of the poors in the world but winning in the semis and finals a lot sucks.

Me too but I was born in 89. The first match I really remember watching was the loss in the final against Brazil. Just been heart ache every major tournament since the start.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Today is the day boys :stare:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Does anyone have a .gif of Mutti's reaction to the goal? She looked so surprised it finally happened. I am surprised it happened. I was ready for heart break after regular time.

I am so god drat happy for all of the players but especially for the players that went through some particularly hard times like Klose, Lahm, Scweini and Per.

I hope we keep things up for 2018.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I can't believe Klose beat the record and won the entire thing. I had lost all hope for him after South Africa. Thank you for not playing Gomez.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Kramer, "Ich weiß gar nichts mehr"

Schade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Shoren posted:

What I really liked about Germany winning this World Cup is that while so many of the other teams were overshadowed by certain players (Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Robben, etc) the Germans were consistently a team. There was a lot of talk about Klose, of course, but it wasn't about whether he could drag Germany to the final. I don't recall if the Spain was talked about the same last tournament, but it was good to see that Germany was all about the sum of its parts and not any individual player.

:agreed:

• Locked thread