Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

As supporter of the mighty Bayers of Leverkusen, #4 side in the Bundesliga, I too fully support Mein Country's squad despite the fact that we sent zero players this year. I am looking forward to 5 (five) quality games before the boys come home with the prestigious quarterfinal runners-up trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

x-post from the nihon thread

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

What's a Marin?

a miserable pile of flops

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

As a holder of a german passport i will be posting smugly in this thread unless england do better

There's a good chance this has never happened in your lifetime.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ravel posted:

England have apparently done better than Germany in four tournaments - 66, 68, 00, and 04.

Who counts Euros lol

I give you 04 but neither team got out of the group stage in 00 which makes them equally poo poo imo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

time for a useless poo poo game I guess

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I signed up for my office's world cup bracket as Brogi Löw

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Deichkind made a WM (protest) song, say what you want about the music but the video is loving ace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oo7wb7cw8

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

sicDaniel posted:

I came here to post exactly that. I even like the music and yeah the video is amazing. Sepp Blatter on a panini-album page with Gaddafi and Kim Jong-Un? Yes please. Normally I don't drink much but Deichkind's music always makes me want to get hammered.

I love Deichkind but the song doesn't really do it for me. The message + video are awesome though. Link for new page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oo7wb7cw8

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mods plz embed this into the thread https://soundcloud.com/sido-3/sido

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

I quite liked it when ZDF had the radio broadcast enabled on another audio channel so I didn't need to suffer Rethy anymore.

Minor gripe: ARD did that, not ZDF.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

It has been a single game against a (on that day) terrible side. We are the kings of barely making it out of the group after a superb first effort so wait with your predictions until the KO games at least.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I can't believe both Spain and England got eliminated before we even played our second game. Surreal.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

inappropriate

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Defense was bad, offense was unlucky/inept. Rather have this happen now than in the KO games, we'll bounce back like we always do. Also a draw against USA is enough to advance (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong but I think I played through every scenario) and lol if we can't manage that. I expect us to win though, as always in game 3.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Müller has a cut which apparently won't need stitches, so he should be back next game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

3.2:1 odds on a draw at bet365 :laugh:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Still not as bad as Poschmann, whose only comment about Matuidi breaking some Nigerian's ankle was "eh, these things happen; look, he even goes and checks in on him, that's sportsmanship!"

Also, Bundesliga thread crowd (esp. Bayern block): I was wrong about Manuel Neuer. What irritated me about his trips outside the box was that they never seemed to be necessary and thus I considered them risks he didn't need to take, especially since he faffed quite a few of them when he played for Germany (never got scored on though, luckily). However, I now see that if he has to be there (because what the gently caress was Löw thinking with this defence), he is, and there were at least half a dozen saves he didn't have to make because the tackled the striker instead. I understand now that he errs on the side of caution and rather leaves his box one too many times, even if it seems like he wouldn't have to. In conclusion, I was dumb and loving wrong and he's the best keeper in the world.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

German press seems quite annoyed with Per speaking his mind. Even die Berliner Zeitung wasn't too happy with him.

It's just the lovely garbage papers printed for idiots who are bitching about it. This is the only piece worth reading:

http://www.zeit.de/kultur/2014-07/mertesacker-wutausbruch-interview-fussball

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...frankreich.html

So much for that I guess. Höwedes will continue to be useless as LB and since Mustafi is injured, who the hell is gonna start on RB? Boateng should start as FB again since Hummels is still down with the flu apparently.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Good news, apparently I was wrong and Hummels will start on Friday.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Eh, Boateng is a good RB and Höwedes was only bad against Algeria, he did fine in the group stage matches.

The problem is that Höwedes creates nothing on offense, which means there's one less option the opponent has to be ready for.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

Why don't you just take your own taxi to Berlin instead then?

goddrat you're on a roll lately

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I feel legit bad for Neymar but then I remember we're missing Reus and it's a sport and injuries happen so gently caress Brazil, we're gonna win 2-0 and they'll be the beta bitches who have to celebrate a 3rd place at home like we did in 2006.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 5, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'd probably feel bad if Neymar wasn't literally the boy who cried wolf

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

That conference superiority guy hasn't posted for like two weeks but for some reason everybody started regurgitating the same dumb joke in yesterday's GDT.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Goddamn I wish people around here (NRW) would shut the gently caress up about the ~~Traumfinale~~ Germany - Netherlands.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This isn't India, there's a maximum occupancy to every train and if people are just refusing to leave the doorways (happens a lot on regional trains and S-Bahnen after football games, not just on ICEs), the train has to stay put. Sorry about that, but I prefer it to the train just taking off with its doors open and waiting for enough people to fall out.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

There's a safety mechanism that prevents this but maybe we shouldn't be talking about trains so much in a thread about Germany. Brings back some bad memories imo.

:tviv:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

rope kid posted:

Other than historic reasons, I like the idea of a GER-NED final because of the rosters of the respective teams. Matches dominated by individual star players like Messi or Neymar are less exciting to me than seeing two really high level teams go at it. Still, ARG-GER could be sweet.

Yes, Robben and SnejderNetherlands are pure quality, op.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

oliwan posted:

deeeeuutttssccchllaaand deeeeuuuuttsscchlaand uubbeeerr aaalleeeeeeesss

I thought the Swiss were supposed to be neutral

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

oliwan posted:

please don't do this hilarious joke in the Germany thread which is serious business

if you stop doing the hilarious joke of quoting the anthem of Nazi Deutschland we have a deal

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Hmm, hearing news about Tuchel getting to be Loews assistant come September with Flick quitting. Or even succeeding him after the World Cup.

That's not so much news as fanfiction at this point, everyone wants Tuchel to succeed Löw.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I am absolutely loving speechless. Er kommt nach Hause.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Sereri posted:

If Argentina wins, we'll bring it home. If the Dutch win... well not sure Robben will feel welcome in Munich for a few months.

Forget Munich, try the entire Bundesliga.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Also: gently caress Bela Rethy. What an emotionless piece of poo poo.

could emptyquote this forever

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

What keeps me grounded is that even in the best German performance in literal decades, Özil still found a way to be poo poo. It has to be real.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

Good thing Bayern decided to sell Kroos the second he got good.

Welcome to how I felt when you pulled him back after he played here. :sigh:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ich lege für die nächsten fünf Tage meinen deutschen Grundpessimismus ab. Egal wer kommt, die haun wir weg. Unser Jahr!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Ozil isn't actually poo poo, he's just poo poo when he has the ball.

I made a point to watch him off the ball this game and he's still poo poo, sorry. He just never loving moves and when the ball is still in front of him, he just plain refuses to mark a man and stands around uselessly in free space until it gets passed past him and he can wait for the defense to mop it up.

• Locked thread