Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
You will NOT win the World Cup. In fact, you'll be lucky to get to the semis. Beckenbauer, Rummenigge and Matthäus would be spinning in their graves if they were dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
would you kindly stop whining about the DB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruV9CSatfTw

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ephex posted:

If you don't love Thomas Müller then there is something seriously wrong with you imo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Trigger warning ffs, mackintosh is here

lmao

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

corn in the fridge posted:

My earliest football memory was having my dad show our youth football team matches from Italia '90 that he had recorded on VHS and none of us having much clue what was going on (we were like 5).

I still remember us beating France in '82.

Christ, I just looked at that photo, I can't remember looking that young.

ephex posted:

"Lewandowski"

Don't get me started.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

drat, I was hoping he'd play us in the qualifiers.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Torrannor posted:

Sad day to see Opa Klose go :(

He's not one of the evil mercenaries betraying glorious Poland, so you are okay with him, right? Why did you hope he would play you in the qualifiers?

Because he's a bona fide legend and everyone here likes him. Same with Podolski. They made cheering for Germany palatable. I watched literally thousands of people cheering when Germany won the World Cup. Before Miro and Lukas this would have never happened.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hopterque posted:

So why can't you cheer for Lewandowski he at least plays for your lovely national team.

Because he doesn't give a poo poo about the national team and treats it as a chore. He does the absolute minimum, prancing around the field like a loving fairy, all the while being cuddled and pandered to like a god damned prima donna. The only reason that oval office is still around is because of his massive sponsorship agreements that are making him insane money. Otherwise he'd have "retired" a while back. He brings nothing of value to the team, while his massive ego is keeping some talented guys out of the team because his royal highness doesn't like them.

Now let's not poo poo up the German national team thread with my musings on a polack gastarbeiter any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Anyone making the trip down in October?

• Locked thread