Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The Cameroonians seem to have played the new Wolfenstein before the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Khedira's knee is literally held together by duct tape

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Özil getting booed, tasty

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Tbh I love me some spitting on Germans. I "get" oliwan, we hate the GMNT in Switzerland and we love the Dutch for some reason. Personally, I prefer Italy over them all, hope they beat Germany again and win the whole thing.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

ephex posted:

Yeah well, your country brought us Sepp Blatter so I prefer you'd shut the gently caress up.

Yea but... Hitler

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Wait, I was supposed to get a chair made of Jew gold??? Yay Hitler, boo Blatter!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Jose posted:

The Guardian has been doing some top 100 world cup players and he wasn't in the top 20 smh

It also had Klinsmann at 96, which is the biggest headscratcher for me. I mean, that's a guy who's scored like 11 WC goals and actually won the thing placed behind Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo or even Gascoigne (lol).

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah I mean at least Gazza had a nice cry.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

Lol, it took me 2 minutes of the song to get the pun. My brain is ready. Its coming home (ins Reich)

I only got it just now reading your post. Tbf it's very vrey hot

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Nazi confidence: high. Potential disappointment: even larger than usual.

Everything is on track for a heart-breaking semi-final loss. Already rubbing my hands with glee. Now excuse me while I finally finish the new Wolfenstein.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

JG Wentworth posted:

Rooney spotted. What happens when the US goes further than England in the cup, do you call it quits for good then?

Hell, England won't even make it out of the group and I'll laugh, guffaw and holler at their misfortune.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Big Per is a legend and he's quite right. Only smug assholes expected this game to be a walk in the park, there are no Karnevalstruppen among the last 16 (except Greece). But tell that to paternalistic fucks like Rethy, dear god I wanted to smash my TV or rather iPad since I don't have a tv. Hooo boy those Algerians can actually play football whoda thunkit and the linesmen do such precious work lets all appreciate them for a minute before we start bitching again hyuck hyuck gently caress OFF

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

ephex posted:

Nice meltdown

I'm not ashamed to say that Teutonic smugness makes me melt down on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Taking the ICE from Berlin to Switzerland (and vice versa) is an absolute nightmare. Why does it call at every single piece of poo poo hamlet??? Don't stop at loving Fulda you oval office train. There's also often a huge number of passengers who don't have reservations. Why wouldn't you reserve a seat in a train like this??? By the time it reaches Basel, it's usually acquired such a huge delay that they just make Basel the final destination instead of actually bringing me home to Bern like it says on the loving ticket I purchased. My last two trips to and from Berlin had everything:

- "Stellwerkstörung"
- seat reservations didn't register, so I had to chase an angry German lady away from my seat.
- "Wegen zusteigender Passagiere verzögert sich unsere Abfahrt von Kassel Hauptbahnhof" (what the gently caress? Ok, if I lived in Kassel I'd also frantically hop onto the nearest ICE, but come on).
- "Es befinden sich zu viele Passagiere im Zug. Unsere Weiterfahrt verzögert sich, bis die vorgeschriebene Zahl von Passagieren den Zug freiwillig verlässt" (WHAT THE gently caress)
- Suicides.

In short, "Die Bahn" makes me melt down at least twice a year. Even the Italians have a better high-speed train network than you bloody Germans. Thanks for reading.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Nah mate, just the ICE and the GMNT. My profession is literally "Germanist" ffs!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lol

I'm gonna need some fine German beer to cool this sick burn :(

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

That might actually be true, at least I've never seen a "Pils" here. I'm more partial to IPAs anyway! If I go German, it's usually for Schneider Weisse or Weihenstephaner. Swiss beer is mostly crap, I'm sad to say.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Hahaha does this really happen?

It happened to me and a friend on two separate occasions, so yep

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

This isn't India, there's a maximum occupancy to every train and if people are just refusing to leave the doorways (happens a lot on regional trains and S-Bahnen after football games, not just on ICEs), the train has to stay put. Sorry about that, but I prefer it to the train just taking off with its doors open and waiting for enough people to fall out.

But they're basically inviting these situations because the ICE is both a high-speed international train full of travelers with reserved seats AND a regional choo-choo train, insofar as it stops at a ton insignificant places. If every seat is taken by people like me who are making long-distance journeys and then casual travelers who merely want to go from, say, Fulda to Hildesheim (may not make sense) also cram in, you're just asking for trouble.

Do it like the Italians with their Frecce Rosse (IIRC) and make reservations compulsory for high-speed trains, problem solved.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

drat son

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Edit: lol i guess that site shouldn't really be linked here

But anyway, Gratulation an den großen Kanton.

Wengy fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 9, 2014

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

Der verspätete Bus spuckt eine unzählbare Masse an feiernden Schlanden aus. Im Oberdeck sitzen drei MigraHigru-Haber mittig in der Banterzone. "Ey! Warum feiertn ihr nich!!" Zum Glück hat einer eine Fahne mit dabei, die die deutsche Nationalhymne spielen kann. Vorne singt einer falsch und textfrei mit. "Ey du bist gut, aber hast du eine sprechende Fahne? Nein hahah. Warum könnt ihr alle nich den Text, lernt man das nich an der NSDAP-Schule?". Der Fahnenbesitzer meldet sich zu Wort: "[mit Lionel Messis Stimme, lispelnd, behindert] Es gibt ja auch noch andere Strophen, aber die sind nicht so gut, also man darf sie singen, aber sie sind illegal". Die Ausländer im Chorus: "Deutschland Deutschland über alles". Irgendjemand: "Von der Spree bis an die... Elbe?" Gemurmel: "Nee, Oder, wa? Rhein?". Der erste Hymnensänger: "Nee Mann, Memel und Maas. ... ich kanns eigentlich, aber ich bin zu besoffen." Irgendjemand streut deutsche Frauen und deutschen Wein ein, der Bus droht zu kippen. "Wo hastn die Fahne eigentlich her? T€di wa? 3 Euro?" -- "[in der Stimme eines Minderbemittelten [Lionel Messi]] Nee, Kik. Gabs für 1,99, letztes Mal, 2010, Südafrika oder wo das war." -- "Ah. Und die Erdnüsse, auch von da?" -- "Nee, die sind neu gekauft." Draußen scheißt jemand gegen einen Baum.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

Der verspätete Bus spuckt eine unzählbare Masse an feiernden Schlanden aus. Im Oberdeck sitzen drei MigraHigru-Haber mittig in der Banterzone. "Ey! Warum feiertn ihr nich!!" Zum Glück hat einer eine Fahne mit dabei, die die deutsche Nationalhymne spielen kann. Vorne singt einer falsch und textfrei mit. "Ey du bist gut, aber hast du eine sprechende Fahne? Nein hahah. Warum könnt ihr alle nich den Text, lernt man das nich an der NSDAP-Schule?". Der Fahnenbesitzer meldet sich zu Wort: "[mit Lionel Messis Stimme, lispelnd, behindert] Es gibt ja auch noch andere Strophen, aber die sind nicht so gut, also man darf sie singen, aber sie sind illegal". Die Ausländer im Chorus: "Deutschland Deutschland über alles". Irgendjemand: "Von der Spree bis an die... Elbe?" Gemurmel: "Nee, Oder, wa? Rhein?". Der erste Hymnensänger: "Nee Mann, Memel und Maas. ... ich kanns eigentlich, aber ich bin zu besoffen." Irgendjemand streut deutsche Frauen und deutschen Wein ein, der Bus droht zu kippen. "Wo hastn die Fahne eigentlich her? T€di wa? 3 Euro?" -- "[in der Stimme eines Minderbemittelten [Lionel Messi]] Nee, Kik. Gabs für 1,99, letztes Mal, 2010, Südafrika oder wo das war." -- "Ah. Und die Erdnüsse, auch von da?" -- "Nee, die sind neu gekauft." Draußen scheißt jemand gegen einen Baum.

also congrats m8

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Though tbf I'd much rather be Austrian than German

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

Is this why I pay 5€ for a döner in München? :negative:

gently caress off, a döner is 11 francs in Switzerland. loving cheap rear end German prices make me sick.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

Bit late, but thanks for your congratulations, friend. Even though I know for a fact you were rooting for Argentina. But, all is forgiven, and good at the moment.

You've sussed me out bro, thank god the German hordes around here aren't that perceptive or they would have lynched me as the race traitor I am last night (seriously, there were way, way more Autokorsos yesterday than after the two Swiss victories, which leads me to deduce that you guys have officially taken over are country).

Also yeah I've never heard anybody say "hey honey let's have Albanian tonight!" loving lol. But they can play football, those lads.

Still fuming about that Dönerpost. I'd be grateful if I only had to pay 5 bloody euros for a döner.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lol hell naw lads

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The Mash posted:

The Swiss are also being utter shitheads about their bilateral arrangements with the EU and ridiculously racist for a country that relies entirely on immigration to function, and that's ignoring their destructive race-to-the-bottom tax policies.

If we just nuked Switzerland, would anyone really miss them?

Lots of misconceptions in this post, such as the ludicrous notion that racism is not cool and good.

(I'd make a seriouspost about all of this, but this isn't really the place)

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

A guy I know who works in Switzerland (as a doctor, natch) and drives a car with German plates once had to scratch a sticker off his car saying something like "Gäh zrügg nach Tüütschland" or whatever the gently caress this would be in your *clears throat* language. Come to think of it this was in Bern, Wengy, mate...

lol what a scrub, he disregarded the most basic rules of survival for germans in switzerland:

- don't be German
- don't be a German doctor
- don't own a car with German plates (German makes are fine, we like those)
- if you do have German plates, don't park your car where troglodytes may have access to it (i.e. rural areas)
- for the love of god don't ever order a "Brötchen" at the bakery, u might not make it out alive
- don't misuse technical terms at the cheesemonger's
- don't be german

hth

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Let me share some unique Switzerland experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of looking at the malformed, incest-ridden populace, consider the beautiful landscapes and the medieval city centers. Look for snowy peaks to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes as the sun rises behind the clouds on a dewy summer morning. Watch as the natives endearingly struggle to express themselves using actual human language, succeeding at perhaps the fifth try, certainly not the first. Watch the tight process of democratic decision making (no women, foreigners or fatties allowed). Don't appreciate the xenophobic law that was passed, appreciate the increasingly subtle racist referendums and initiatives yet to come, because it is getting difficult to clog the Swiss constitution with even more clauses that clash with the declaration of human rights.

Watch the instant pressure applied once foreigners, especially Germans, are spotted. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain a policy of cynical opportunism in all matters while avoiding annihilation at the hands of the scrub countries (all of them). Realize that the Swiss are making things that were incredibly difficult to do both politically and tactically even for the Nazis look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Switzerland are boring and hate them.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Um... *sweats profusely*... toblerone is owned by a us company, so not really swiss... anymore

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Man soll aufhören, wenn's am Schönsten ist. Good night, sweet prince.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Syncopated posted:

IMO he's upset over being forced to play right back.

He supposedly made the decision to retire before the WC though, and he only switched back to RB during the tournament.

Also this would be incredibly dumb. Dude just wants to go out on high, why not.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So Lahm published an article in Die Zeit claiming that he essentially retired from international football because he wants to "regain control" over his life. Is it just me or does that sound a little absurd coming from a multi-millionaire? I sure wish I had as much control over my life as someone with Lahm's fortune usually would.

(Nice meltdown)

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, but the specific wording of his statement is kind of offensive to me tbh. "My life belongs to me" :qq: no poo poo m8

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Sure, I'm not trying to vilify him at all, but a guy who could never work another day in his life at age 30 if he feels like it should maybe choose his words more carefully. Or not speak up at all, it's not like he's obligated to explain himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Of course I'm envious, he's rich ffs!!!!!

• Locked thread