Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

They couldn't bring Ilkay Gündogan or Mario Gomez for injury reasons. As much as I like Gündogan, I think Gomez is a bigger loss since up top they really only have a kid or an old man. This shouldn't matter that much, though, since the goals should mostly come from the midfielders (Reus, Götze, Müller, Kroos) anyway, and Miro probably still has it in him to poach a couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Germans singing anything at all is actually a violation of the UN convention against torture.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

German football is like German beer: up to a high standard, but not daring enough to win any big awards. Deathly afraid to try something new, pilsner is on the drinks menu again in Brazil 2014 and will not be taking the prize.

Also, müller is a giant baby and I can't wait to see his dumb face when Germany's sent packing while poldi grins and pretends to understand what's happening

Love Klose though, he is a cool and good dude, hope he bags a couple for the record.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

That which we call a Reus. By any other name would smell defeat...

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The German commentators are a blight on the sport and should all be fired into the sun

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The Ghana game will be closer, because they are less likely to totally self-destruct than Portugal, but Germany will win it anyway

Dunban posted:

Gerd Gottlob is alright. Everyone else is complete and utter poo poo.

This is correct

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

The Ghana game will be closer, because they are less likely to totally self-destruct than Portugal, but Germany will win it anyway

I was wrong in the best possible way

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The most remarkable thing about Löw is that with the talent he's had over the last 8 years, he's still managed to come home with 0 trophies. That takes some doing my friend, so don't question his methods!

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Smirr posted:

This was not a good game at all. What the gently caress was up with those millions of misplaced passes?

In every game, there are actually two teams on the field, which most Germans continuously fail to realize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Thomas Müller has a face only a mother could love and he is also a giant baby but gently caress man, that guy is also one of the best players in the world.

• Locked thread