Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

OP I think you posted a picture of Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne by mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have an idea for a chant, it goes "Germany, Germany, over all" and you can probably think up some more lines. You'd have to translate it to German though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the posted:

Why wasn't Gomez called up?

Not German enough.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Syncopated posted:

Is it fat Ronaldo that's got the current one, cause I imagine the other one are is gonna score some goals of his own.

He has scored two whole World Cup goals in his entire career. Unless he pulls a Just Fontaine, it's highly unlikely he'll break any records.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Muller is 24 and has scored eight World Cup goals. He could easily end up being the top scorer in World Cup history, which would be nuts.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Soulex posted:

I will lose my poo poo if Muller is top scorer of all time. In a good way

I love him op. He's great and I hope he does it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rawillkill posted:

Figure this thread would like to see this too

GER 4-0 USA, POR 2-1 GHA, draw lots, Portugal draws the winning lot please.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Still not as bad as Poschmann, whose only comment about Matuidi breaking some Nigerian's ankle was "eh, these things happen; look, he even goes and checks in on him, that's sportsmanship!"

Also, Bundesliga thread crowd (esp. Bayern block): I was wrong about Manuel Neuer. What irritated me about his trips outside the box was that they never seemed to be necessary and thus I considered them risks he didn't need to take, especially since he faffed quite a few of them when he played for Germany (never got scored on though, luckily). However, I now see that if he has to be there (because what the gently caress was Löw thinking with this defence), he is, and there were at least half a dozen saves he didn't have to make because the tackled the striker instead. I understand now that he errs on the side of caution and rather leaves his box one too many times, even if it seems like he wouldn't have to. In conclusion, I was dumb and loving wrong and he's the best keeper in the world.

This really showed when the possession and shot stats were shown, and Germany had something like three times as many shots as Algeria. I was sitting there thinking "wait, this game hasn't been that one-sided" and then I remembered just how many times Neuer had come out to prevent an Algerian chance from ever reaching a stage where they could even take a shot.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That probably means Lahm at fullback, which is good, but Khedira in midfield, which is bad. If only one of the Bender twins had made it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Teron D Amun posted:

the solution seems to be clear then:

You missed Manuel Neuer, Chancellor of Germany.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

so what's the status re: pep ruining germany

They stopped playing tiki taka and used an actual striker and won 7-1 in a world cup semifinal. I hope he gets sacked and no one ever hires him again.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

If you don't love Thomas Müller then there is something seriously wrong with you imo.

:agreed:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Soylent Green posted:

Hmm I'm not sure that's such a good idea ephex but if it makes you happy here is the most embarrassing picture I had handy.

Hmm, you look more like [INSERT GETAFE FORWARD HERE] to me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gj krauts, well deserved.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Hefe posted:

No, they just need to stop giving even more money to these fuckers for playing with their national team, getting their chance to show their worth and promote themselves like James Rodriguez did should be enough.

How do you know James Rodriguez was not motivated by the extra money he would get from performing well and reaching later stages of the World Cup?

Jose posted:

I think in England the players get to pick a charity their money goes to but I doubt thats usual in the slightest

I have a hunch that this is only done because otherwise the British press would crucify them for taking money for playing for England while Are Boys are dying overseas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pep Guardiola ruins everything.

• Locked thread