Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm doing some hearty laughs at the Boateng picture and the Big Per caption. Sehr gut, OP.

My prediction was going to be that Italy will end us in the semis, but it turns out they would have to come second in their group for that, and Uruguay's got that on lock. So I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's coming hoam

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That looked a mite offside, imho

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

rip reus. just rip. i'm so hype for the world cup

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk I hope Reus is ok, just looked like he rolled his ankle.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

that was sweet as gently caress. golazo imo

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

MI RO SLAV KLOSEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Score a thing do it.

you misspelled mkhitaryan, but that's understandable

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

phwoar. i want to kiss poldi on the mouth, repeatedly, irl

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:siren: DICK GOAL :siren:

also,

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

Look at him this is the best player ever in the history of the entire world.

edited to add: lmao lets get it to 6 lads

oh my god the double nutmeg.. it exists....

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lol, it took me 2 minutes of the song to get the pun. My brain is ready. Its coming home (ins Reich)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

He's probably one of the weirdest people I've ever seen.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The thing is, I can't really think of any situations where a player takes a hand/elbow/foot to the face and doesn't go down, even if it's as soft as yesterday. Even that little unexpected contact is enough to make you stop playing, and if you're gonna stop playing why not have a little sit down too? If nothing else had happened no one would be talking about that situation at all, but Pepe is a goshdarn psychopath rear end in a top hat, so...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I loved the guy who did Mexico - Cameroon and went "Eto'o... no, wait" any time any Cameroonian player did anything

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

• A former soccer pro

lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

I can't believe both Spain and England got eliminated before we even played our second game. Surreal.

the most dangerous schedule...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, I aged about 10 years during the game, last 30 minutes especially. Good thing today only has garbage teams playing so I can relax and recover.

Bench Khedira IMO. I don't know what to do about Lahm, I just don't know. Him being bad is a thing that's not supposed to happen. I also don't know about starting Klose, I guess I'd like it to happen but I'm not sure he's up for it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

Yes, my point was that I was wondering what the injury was since it actually cost us a goal.

Something about his hip/rear end/thigh muscles locking up during half time. Could hardly get up off the locker room bench according to Löw.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

beer_war posted:

Na super, Deutschland kriegt das Freilos im Achtelfinale.

We got that Freilos when the groups were drawn. Group H was scandalously poo poo, and it wouldn't be any more dangerous if we had gotten Belgium. They struggled against two of the three worst teams in the tournament (Honduras is probably the worst) and also struggled against a kind of bad team (Algeria). Yes, 9 points, bla bla, but I think I'll put money on them losing to Oh Wait I Just Remembered My Grandpa Was Technically A US Citizen Men's National Team.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I want to kiss Neuer on his filthy disease-ridden Schalke lips. I predict that I will also want to drink myself to death during and after the France game. This was not a good game at all. What the gently caress was up with those millions of misplaced passes?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, because Pand reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIMmhPghepA

everyone put this on repeat for the rest of the World Cup lmao. What a legend

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Das is mir völlig wurscht, wir sind unter den letzten acht und das zählt"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

In every game, there are actually two teams on the field, which most Germans continuously fail to realize!

Yes I know, but after one half of passing straight to the feet of Algerians who were admittedly pressing very well you'd think the German players would realize that their dumbass artistic through pass attempts only create a lot of counters and not much else. I don't know. Maybe they couldn't have done much else but it was really frustrating to watch.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

They're in no way an authority on football, though. Or anything really, come to think of it. (Also their subscription hawkers out on the street are the loving worst)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm really hype. It's going to be one for the ages for sure, either way. Hopefully we'll see the Turniermannschaft finally turn up tomorrow.

I'm not terribly hype about sitting on a train to Munich until 17:00. I booked that during the group stages and didn't look at who might be playing, and if die Bahn makes me miss a single second of the match or, hell, the anthems, I will do a terrorism

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

if you start in Berlin then I can guarantee that you will be late op

I do start in Berlin. It will work. It must work. It will work!!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's Südkreuz, mate. Stop trolling me :qq: It will work

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

ephex posted:

Why don't you just take your own taxi to Berlin instead then?

Lol holy poo poo

I made it with time to spare for those keeping score at home. Never in doubt. Same thing about the match. Now lets go some more you beautiful Hitlers

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Haven't seen the trp consensus yet because of phoneposting but I think we might be the ones killing football this time around lol. Feels good man, but also bad. Lets get drunk

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

das war was, wa? das war durchaus etwas m.E.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I still can't believe it, what the gently caress. I'm also still drunk, maybe that's got something to do with it. Klose shattering Ronaldo's record against Brazil, in Brazil, in a 7-1, holy loving moly. Everything owns, OPs

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

how me a frog posted:

Meh, if we want Germany all we gotta do is send a dude again...

Don't send him by car though

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hegay posted:

Can anyone translate this into Deutsch or English

I can't, no, sorry. It's a bit hosed up because I'm a Berliner too and really should be able to understand it. But I can't. I'm sorry

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Where in Berlin are you?

I speak four loving languages, get off of my rear end.

Neukölln or maybe rather New Collogne

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

I'm sorry op

It's actually rather nice as long as you stick to the areas where the Americans don't want or fear to tread

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Any chance Germany bring on Thomas Hitzelsperger for the final? I think he could tear it up in midfield, chase Messi around, really get in him, make sure there are no prolapses in concentration, and spread panic among the Argentines

I'm going to have to check the squad sheet for this one, OP. I'll get back to you

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

As it turns out, he's not registered.
It's a real shame too.
drat, he could have been a game changer.
Sucks to be us, I guess.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

You actually look a tiny bit like Thomas Müller would look like if he didn't look like a 40-years-old marathon runner.

Yeah.

Katana Gomai posted:

5 because you actually posted a pic

Yeah!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Healbot posted:

Look at all these scrubs not having watched Italia '90 as infants or six year olds. :shepface:

I feel so old right now.

I'm really mad that I have vague memories of stupid poo poo like the Berlin Wall and 3rd October 1990 but can't recall a single second of that World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm so loving nervous. Guess I'd better start drinking soonish to calm the nerves.

• Locked thread