Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nice op, op

Also, Germany will not win the WC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bogan Krkic posted:

Hooray for Hitler

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

supersteve posted:

Did Gomez make the final squad?

He is Not On The Plane.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

x-post from the nihon thread

マリン は かわいい ですね.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

red star = admin
blue star = mod
yellow star = people that troll itt

drat nice

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ah yes, the team nickname that nobody in Germany uses.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's Neymar.

It's Lahm.

Also, Özil kinda looks like Götze. It's bizarre.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Jose posted:

Reminder that Germany haven't won a world cup

I don't believe this is correct, OP

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's Coming Home

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

germany being utter shite before a major tournament?!?

shocking stuff, really

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Also, Neuer in goal.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Wengy posted:

Yea but... Hitler

That was all Austria, m8

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

oliwan posted:

The German national team is horrible for sure.

Just like your posting!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I couldn't watch the match yesterday, looks like I missed quite a lot..including Reus' injury, welp

It sucks, but if there's one position where we have plenty of good players, it's his.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reprisal posted:

Boateng is a liability,

He says, after Großkreutz caused a penalty literally one minute after being subbed in.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nice meltdown

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

quote:

09:41 Uhr
Großkreutz wird "Döner" genannt

Für Kevin Großkreutz hat sein Dönerwurf vor einigen Wochen nun auch mannschaftsinterne Konsequenzen. Wie die "SportBild" berichtet, hat ihm der Ausrutscher einen neuen Spitznamen unter den DFB-Teamkollegen eingebracht. "Hey Döner", soll etwa Lukas Podolski dem BVB-Spieler zugerufen haben. Für den Kevin läuft's im Moment einfach nicht.

Poldi is the best :thumbsup:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Mods plz embed this into the thread https://soundcloud.com/sido-3/sido

plz don't

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's Coming Home to Germany, lads

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:qq:

rope kid posted:

It's hilarious that Pepe went out over Müller's stupid dive.

:qq:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

That's loving rude they've been pretty great so far.

:wtc: no

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

Well ok great is an exaggeration but they've been totally fine and ok.

Gerd Gottlob is alright. Everyone else is complete and utter poo poo.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

Yeah Mustafi was responsible for that first goal 100% but other than that I feel like he looked ok? I don't know what was up with Boateng that he needed to be subbed out but I feel like he wouldn't have made that error.

Boateng picked up a (small) injury in the first half, that's why he was subbed out.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

mrg220t posted:

This German team is so likable. Is there someone who is actually a terrible person or something?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Both Italy and Spain have been knocked out.

It's coming Hoam

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Never in doubt.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Torrannor posted:

None of the other favorites advanced without difficulties, it's still coming home.

Also, Neuer is crazy. And good.

Yeah, there's pretty much been no team so far that has looked 100% convincing in their matches.

Katana Gomai posted:

Still not as bad as Poschmann, whose only comment about Matuidi breaking some Nigerian's ankle was "eh, these things happen; look, he even goes and checks in on him, that's sportsmanship!"

Also, Bundesliga thread crowd (esp. Bayern block): I was wrong about Manuel Neuer. What irritated me about his trips outside the box was that they never seemed to be necessary and thus I considered them risks he didn't need to take, especially since he faffed quite a few of them when he played for Germany (never got scored on though, luckily). However, I now see that if he has to be there (because what the gently caress was Löw thinking with this defence), he is, and there were at least half a dozen saves he didn't have to make because the tackled the striker instead. I understand now that he errs on the side of caution and rather leaves his box one too many times, even if it seems like he wouldn't have to. In conclusion, I was dumb and loving wrong and he's the best keeper in the world.

Kiss the rings

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Eh, Boateng is a good RB and Höwedes was only bad against Algeria, he did fine in the group stage matches.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The Clit Avoider posted:

Any time you feel bad about the DB, get a plane to the UK and try to make the distance equivalent journey. You'll feel better about the DB.

Can confirm. British Airways suck.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Schland! etc

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Yo, don't diss the Holgster.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Also: gently caress Bela Rethy. What an emotionless piece of poo poo.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Jose posted:

So who do all you German's want to win tonight?

Holland because van Gaal and Robben are cool and good

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

spankmeister posted:

All they need is a good strong leader to really shine.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

Are you saying you don't like Miroslav Klose?

Trigger warning ffs, mackintosh is here

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Soylent Green posted:

Hmm I'm not sure that's such a good idea ephex but if it makes you happy here is the most embarrassing picture I had handy.

would

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Müller needs to score at least once so that he's the World Cup's top scorer.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We did it, lads

Fascism has won the day once again

Heil Hitler

Heil Hitler to each and every one of you beautiful bastards

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ahaha holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Wengy posted:

Let me share some unique Switzerland experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of looking at the malformed, incest-ridden populace, consider the beautiful landscapes and the medieval city centers. Look for snowy peaks to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes as the sun rises behind the clouds on a dewy summer morning. Watch as the natives endearingly struggle to express themselves using actual human language, succeeding at perhaps the fifth try, certainly not the first. Watch the tight process of democratic decision making (no women, foreigners or fatties allowed). Don't appreciate the xenophobic law that was passed, appreciate the increasingly subtle racist referendums and initiatives yet to come, because it is getting difficult to clog the Swiss constitution with even more clauses that clash with the declaration of human rights.

Watch the instant pressure applied once foreigners, especially Germans, are spotted. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain a policy of cynical opportunism in all matters while avoiding annihilation at the hands of the scrub countries (all of them). Realize that the Swiss are making things that were incredibly difficult to do both politically and tactically even for the Nazis look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Switzerland are boring and hate them.

Disappointed that you didn't work Toblerone in there somehow, given their shape. Voted 4 (four), just 4.

• Locked thread