Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

elbkaida posted:

Just going to quote myself here

Throwing away really good chances made that game unnecessarily close. Could have been a comfortable 2:0 at full time, but nooooo, everybody just shoots/heads straight at the keeper. The guy had some great saves too, but come on.
First 20 minutes were a bit poo poo, but then the team adapted and started dominating. Algeria weren't too much of a threat when it comes to scoring either luckily.

the only reason algeria wasn't a big threat was because of Manuel Neuer, the best goalkeeper in the world and also, apparently, the best defender in all of Germany. But with a team that has a more delicate touch than long passes the striker has to run like hell for, even Neuer won't save the whole game.

Germany looks a bit weak imo; Algeria were very challenging but let's be frank here, Germany should not have had so much trouble - Algeria's actions looked much more menacing than theirs for a very large slice of the match.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

the solution seems to be clear then:

i am okay with this

i wish more keepers were like neuer

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

is there a goalkeeper appreciation thread? there should be a goalkeeper appreciation thread imo.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

An Even Matchup

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

JG Wentworth posted:

I wasnt able to watch ned v arg. How is the mannschaft looking?

the mannschaft is strong, engorged, and thick. Tumescent, even.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

Schweinsteiger should have won the brawler of the tournament award yesterday imo

neuer wins that one imo, that wrestling move was brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Manuel Neuer is the coolest of bros.

• Locked thread