Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
code:

Neuer

Großkreutz     Hummels     Mertesacker     Howedes

Lahm    Schweinsteiger

Müller             Özil              Schurrle

Götze
Imagine the link-up play down flanks + the creative central dagger. And no defensive weakness. Sub on Podolski when Muller, Schurrle, or Gotze deplete their reserves and let the top three rotate through the false-9 mid-match according to their level of exhaustion and to throw slightly different looks at opponents

Boateng is a liability, Schweinsteiger and Kroos are not effective together, so charge Lahm with guarding the defense and sharing defensive duties and attacking threat with the fullbacks bombing down the sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Aw poo poo, I haven't seen that yet.

Germany has a tricky right back/holding midfield problem then. Lahm can't be in both places.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Dunban posted:

He says, after Großkreutz caused a penalty literally one minute after being subbed in.

LOL, replay shows no contact.

Penalty decision notwithstanding, I think he deserves a place because he fits into Low's idea of how the team should play total football. Großkreutz knows that defensive duties come first and allows Germany to press higher because of his pace. He also spreads the field wider, giving the creative center more room to play. I hope it's telling that he's secured the #2 shirt and spends more time on the pitch.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Pand posted:

OTOH he probably would've been less of a vegetable during that first goal.

yep, I will take the Mad Sandwich Pisser over Selfish Retard or Immigrant Terrorist any day.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Nice strike Raumdeuter. But Germany does not find it easy to score against 11 men and they don't look like a side that can match the intensity of the Netherlands, Chile, or Brazil right now. Kroos was anonymous except for a classic pointless 25 yard shot at the keeper. Poldi, too. Why Schurrle isn't starting :iiam:. Low, read page 7 of this thread, and deploy accordingly, ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
(Could someone repost the Reichsadler photoshop of Christ the Redeemer? My imgur link died and I forgot to save the image for my grandchildren.)

• Locked thread