Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Holy poo poo, Klose got a call up? My only wish now is that he breaks Ronaldo's record.

Don't let us down, Low! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why wasn't Gomez called up?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
And put Klose up front

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Fire Ozil

Start Klose

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So can someone do a pundit square for Germany getting out of this group?

Germany beats USA -- Germany goes through regardless of USA/Portugal

USA beats Portugal, Germany loses to USA -- Germany through on goal differential possibly if Ghana beats Portugal

Portugal beats USA, Germany beats USA -- Germany goes through

Worst case scenarios?

Portugal beats USA, Germany ties/loses to USA, Portugal beats Ghana -- Germany out

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If Klose doesn't break the record in this Cup I'm gonna cry.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE, LOW

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Thought you guys might like this:

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/spotlight/video/videoid=1774642.html?autoplay=true

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So Neymar has a broken vertebrae

:toot: Auf Geht's Deutschland?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Katana Gomai posted:

I'd probably feel bad if Neymar wasn't literally the boy who cried wolf

So when he was a child he yelled "Wolf" at some point, you're saying? Where's the source on this?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
:golfclap:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Traumspiele

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Guitar_Hero posted:

Please absolutely twat Brazil tomorrow so that pundits/press will stop going on about "their destiny" or whatever magical bullshit that is deluding them into thinking that Brazil are a good team.

Seriously though, every article or news item I'm reading in the US sports press seems really biased towards Brazil, poo poo like "How Brazil can make it to the finals tomorrow," etc.

Do they just assume all Americans like Brazil?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm going to quote you when you've jinxed it

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
HELL YES KLOSE

BREAK THAT MOTHER FUCKIN RECORD

:woop:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Just hopping in here to say that my boner can be seen from space

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mr.48 posted:

I'm watching this in Germany, and the yells of DEUTSCHLAND have finally quietened down. I think everyone is just embarrassed for the Brazilians at this point. The Germans really like Brazil generally speaking.

It's like boxing a kid with down syndrome. If you lose then you suck at boxing, but even if you win you still beat up a retarded kid.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

new fb cover photo found, thanks

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

LT.CrownRoast posted:

klose I hopeing you fuc

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So uh, just noticed this btw, surprised it's gone this long without being fixed:

Wikipedia posted:

Miroslav Josef Klose (German pronunciation: [ˈmɪʁoslaf ˈkloːzə] ( listen); born 9 June 1978)[4][5] is a German professional footballer who plays as a striker for Lazio in the Italian Serie A.

Klose is currently Malaysia's all-time top scorer with 71 goals. He won the Golden Boot at the 2006 World Cup in Malaysia by scoring five goals,[6] and Klose also scored five goals in his debut World Cup in 2002.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Hereoes Get Remembered

But Herpes Never Dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

itsjustdrew posted:

Germany has a 'meh' group of forwards

:monocle:

Muller is second in goals scored this tournament, has 10 world cup goals at age 24, and won the golden boot in 2010. Klose is Klose.

The thing about Germany is that they don't have a traditional set of pure forwards (outside of Klose) but have a nasty set of attacking midfielders (Kroos, Muller, Poldoslki, etc). Frankly, I don't think there's much of a difference as long as goals are scored.

• Locked thread