Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

the posted:

And put Klose up front

alls i want is for him to score two goals, TWO MEASLY GOALS, which he could easily do against the US. and i know he stopped doing his front flip celebrations, but for breaking ronaldo's record i think he should bring it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/13/franz-beckenbauer-banned-fifa-qatar-world-cup

Beckenbauer suspended by FIFA ethics committee

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

nice meltdown

still pissed at no klose :mad:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Octo1 posted:

They're saving him for the final. It will be amazing.

You know what else would've been amazing? Klose breaking the record in their opening match.

And then Müller breaking it again in the final :eyepop::fh:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

hopterque posted:

I think he actually went out because he reacted like a psycho and then headbutted Müller, not because of the hand to the face.

That's exactly why, who would think it was for Müller's dive? Ref didn't whistle until Pepe walked up and got in his face.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Muller is 24 and has scored eight World Cup goals. He could easily end up being the top scorer in World Cup history, which would be the way things are supposed to be.

fixed

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Soulex posted:

I do too. His socks always cracks me up.

or the shinpads rattling around in them

adidas needs to make some that fit him, or repurpose some pencil cozies or something, drat

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

unicron posted:

Germany to win the world cup.
Muller to get golden boot again.
Klose to beat Ronaldo's record.

There ya go

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

supersteve posted:

Lahm replacing Boateng at right back , Schweini in place of Khedira, and Klose up top.

Hoam.

Is this confirmed, rumor, or wishful thinking?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Even some :effort: will probably result in another couple of goals.

Götze will have one beautiful goal, Müller will have one awesomely ugly goal, and Klose will break the record when he comes on :getin:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Neuer - Höwedes, Hummels, Mertesacker, Boateng; Schweinsteiger, Lahm; Podolski, Kroos, Özil, Müller

Feh

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

I'd prefer Lahm at fullback myself but so far, eh, I dunno, Boateng and Höwedes have been alright. Lahm out there would provide more attacking options on the wing, but then Khedira would need to be in midfield - and Khedira is poo poo right now, he was injured before the tournament and should've never started. Look at the difference in play and intensity when he went off last match and Schweini (and Klose) came on. Podolski must have something on Löw, IMO.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

the posted:

If Klose doesn't break the record in this Cup I'm gonna cry.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE, LOW

I understand not putting him in yesterday, the subs were needed elsewhere, but for France, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :qq:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

hopterque posted:

Well Boys, this is it.

Tomorrow's the final.

gently caress I'm so excited/nervous/wound up already.

come this time tomorrow i'll be drunk either way, hope it's for the right reason

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

It loving happened, I'm dying. Seven Nation Armying all over this thread. 5am and I'm barely functional at work, but so is everybody else. Which is funny because I work at a huge loving radio station for the ARD and all we're doing for the next five hours on air (and probably the rest of the day) is talk about how awesome football is. Wir habens geschafft!

What, Germany isn't closed today for the celebration?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Dude we're still German.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

Knew it had to happen sooner or later, just didn't ever want to see it. :(

• Locked thread