Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
I agree with the glasshole fans. Society doesn't exist and the comfort and desires of the people around me are meaningless. Instead if someone attempts to modify my behavior, especially if that behavior has led to people vocalizing their complaints and discomfort before, then those people are loving ASSHOLES WHO AREN'T LIVING IN THE PRESENT! You see, the present and future are all about me. Not community. Not mutual understanding and respect. Not other people's feelings or my impact on them. Its their fault they don't know everything I know and share the EXACT same opinions I have, which are of course clearly right. Clearly, I am creations gift to humanity and everything I like and embrace is good, whereas anyone who disagrees is bad. Really loving bad.

"They don't even do all things people think they do!"
Gosh its not like a lot of people can see the potential and obvious future of devices like this and find themselves uncomfortable with it. Also, gently caress them for being slightly misinformed because these devices can't do what they're afraid of…yet, despite that clearly being the endgame with devices like this.

"There's already equipment on the market that can do these things!"
Cool man, and if I found out someone at the restaurant I was working at was wearing a hidden camera and using it to record things I'd ask them to take it off. If they were dumb enough to strap it to their face it'd make recognizing it a lot easier.

"They're just like cellphones!"
Except cell phones require very recognizable and obvious motor functions use. Phones being used clandestinely often don't take the kind of footage a camera at eye level with no obstruction will. Its almost like glass cameras were put in the optimal location for viewing things, your eyes!

You see, sure, some of people's reluctance to accept these devices is entirely unfounded in the devices current form. But its almost as if the people who don't like it can see the impacts and changes this will have on society and don't want society to function like that because it makes them uncomfortable. As if they can IMAGINE a world where Google is able to make its "dream glass" which functions all day, recording as the user pleases without anyone knowing! That's loving crazy, right?

Plus, why do all these technophobic glass-rejectors fear a product that comes from a company whose major revenue model comes from selling their information and who have been proven in the past to willingly hand that information over to a government that secretly imprisons, tortures, and murders its own citizens!? Technophobes!

The issue is opting in. If google glass can identify me, my face, my location, my activity, whatever from someone else's headset I'm not comfortable with that. Oh no! I'm a technophobe! I must be a bad person because I'm not ok with strangers googling "RaySmuckles" and being able to find clips/pictures of me taken by the multitudes of those around me who are wearing glass/glasslike products. I'm not ok with my conversations being logged and searchable by friends/family/employers/associates/enemies. "Lol, RaySmuckles, here's a video of you being turned down by a girl at a bar, loser! Hey RaySmuckles new girlfriend, here's the type of girl he was hitting on before you!"

But its ok everyone. Society doesn't exist. You shouldn't care about the comfort or desires of those around you! If they don't accept everything you're doing then THEY'RE the assholes! gently caress everyone thats not me.

"But that's not what these do!"
Yet. And if you don't think they will, you're a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

Everyone is wrong, I am right. Society should conform to ME.

Dude, you're boring. Like really boring. AND, you're missing the whole freaking point. Glass makes people uncomfortable for a myriad of reasons. Either be a good person and accommodate that, or be an rear end in a top hat and disregard their feelings.

People who think others should be made fun of because of the way the look make me uncomfortable. Thus, YOU make me uncomfortable. Accommodate or disregard as you will.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

Fact is its a tiny minority of people who are uncomfortable with glass and way more people who either have no opinion or make fun of it and it's users for its actual flaws.

I'm glad you're uncomfortable. Though it's funny you think mocking bad fashion is bad but having paranoid delusions about products is good.

Clearly a fact. I am definitely the delusional one.

Yawn, once again Nintendo Kid is, was, and always shall be right. Everyone else is wrong.

My counter argument was you should be a good person. I see you've chosen "rear end in a top hat."

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

Good people don't support paranoid delusions while demanding noone ever mock dorky accessories.

Word, dog. You know everything.

Why are you even here? This is debate disco. You have nothing to debate and since you hate bad fashion you definitely aren't here to disco. Its been 19 pages, we all know how you feel. Other people feel differently from you and you've made it clear you're unwillingly to listen to them. Move along. If we want your opinions we can find them on every page from page one.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

I'm debating just fine, you however are just whining that I don't agree with you. I'm sure this makes you uncomfortable.

Nah, bro, I'm whining that you're hijacking this thread. I'm cool with you not agreeing with me. My opinion: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Your opinion: Everyone else is wrong and I have no duty to society, my community, nor the people around me; in fact, lets make fun of the dorky ones.

That's it. That's where we are. I've read your posts, I get that glass in its current form is a bit of a red herring for people's fears. That doesn't mean I won't try to accommodate them. If people need education, then educate them without being condescending. If they won't listen then move on. That's what I'm going to do. Good luck out there, buddy.

(you're still boring)

I'll actually throw you a bone. Here's my fear:

*look at sharply dressed guy*
"Nintendo Kid"
(Profile Pic of Nintendo Kid in different, equally fashionable clothing)
Google Review:
* (one star)
Posted by RaySmuckles:
This dude is boring and inconsiderate. Avoid at all costs.
*(one star)
Posted by Nintendo Kid's Ex:
Oh my gosh, this guy is boring. He always says the same stuff and never listens! If you're interested, just know this guy is incredibly inconsiderate. I showed up to his house on laundry day and he mocked me in front of our friends for looking dorky! What a dick! Speaking of which, the kid's genitalia has…an issue.
*look away from sharply dressed guy and try to avoid eye contact so that he doesn't bore you with inconsiderate rant, or assault you with defective genitalia*

(yes, this made me happy)

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 19, 2014

• Locked thread