Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Define "need," thanks.

Do you really need your smartphone? It makes my girlfriend and I uncomfortable. What if you're secretly recording our conversations with it? I need you to turn it off whenever you're within close proximity to us. If you don't like that, you can leave the venue.

Unless you and your girlfriend run the establishment, this is probably a stupid argument you should give up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Well, we will complain to the owners, who will undoubtedly ask you to turn off your cellphones. Because, you see, cellphones make us uncomfortable, and our comfort is more important than your convenience.

The owners won't do poo poo for you and your girlfriend, because nearly everyone has a cell phone in their pocket/bag and they're not going to make everyone turn it off just for you. The situation is basically the mirror opposite of what you're describing, where no one in the restaurant wants Opticon around and one lone moron couldn't deal with removing a clunky nerd fetish for a single meal.

• Locked thread