Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
This game is trippy and sort of depressing, but this LP makes it look interesting enough that I might have to buy it and check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
Well I went and bought the game because these last two videos really piqued my interest.

I do find it hilarious that Susan spends ten minutes lovingly hand-assembling a spear from various bits and pieces while a woman screams wildly in a nearby room, when she could have just... y'know, stabbed him with the pointy piece of metal. Or bashed his skull in with the chair leg. Adventure game logic!

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
Well, in my wait for updates, I decided I'd try to play through the game myself, because I was curious how the story would go. I ended up playing through the whole game in almost a single sitting, and got the secret ending entirely by accident, which made me very pleased with myself.

I'll still be following this LP, but at least now I'm not so anxious for updates. Thank you very much for introducing me to this game that I'd never heard of and would have otherwise completely overlooked. I won't say it was fun, but it definitely was an experience.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
No, you can't brute force the puzzle. Asking any question other than the right one results in both doors being the 'wrong' one, to my knowledge.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.

Kytrarewn posted:

Is the door that's lit up the right door or the answer to your query?

I'm unclear whether the Crow's fatalistic speech is intended to be the reward or punishment , given that our role seems to be to make Susan feel less impotent.
The door that is lit up is the answer to the question. So, the unlit door is the one you go in for the 'reward'.

It's a lovely reward, for several reasons.

• Locked thread