Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
France? Those surrender monkeys? They won't even make it past the… oh, excuse my manners, and welcome to the

ÉQUIPE NATIONAL DE FRANCE DE FOOTBALLmegathread
(French for Surrender Monkeys)
(Also known as Les Bleus because they are a sad team to watch sometimes)

A squad that has known honor (once) and shame (in many occasions), France is traveling to Brazil after a horribly sad bunch of games trying to qualify. France is not a team to do well in South America: From the 5 world cups in the continent south of the American Pigs and their garbage culture, France has barely played in two (1930 and 1978), and in both cases they left the tournament empty-handed and humiliated by Argentina, Chile and Italy, those greasy bastards.
But as we all know, surrender monkeys will always get their revenge, and they did when the French Maradonapelé, Zidane, captained France to a World Cup Victory in 1998. This apotheosis wasn't meant to last though. 2002 was a sad cup for the cheese eating nation, losing to powerhouses such as Denmark and Senegal.
2006, the return to Europe, felt like a change. Perhaps France would shine again. It was Zizou's last World Cup and he was still hungry for glory. Sadly he got provoked by a sneaky Italian, who insulted his mom's Arabic bread. Zidane headbutted the cheating greasy Italian to death and that was it. Throwing an amazing career to the garbage because some guido tells you he'd love to go visit your sister at the dawa? But I digress.
Sure, the smelly armpit nation has had up and downs, but maybe this year they will do better.
No. They won't. They're garbagemen conducted by a wasteman. Let's better see who they are.

Didier Deschamps — Manager

Truly a wasteman, but he helped Juventus, those bastard pizza eaters, go back to the Serie A. He's not horrible really, but he's not good either. At least he doesn't care about astrology so????

Hugo Lloris — Keeper

A sexy Frenchman, the captain of the team and the keeper at a team that loves money, said Hugo in a jeweshly manner.

Mickäel Landreau — Keeper

The Bastia keeper. He's already 35. Won't play a single game.

Bacary Sagna — Defender

Arsenal Manchester City player. You know him and his funky hair.

Mathieu Debuchy — Defender

Haha, Newcastle are a funny team.

Mamadou Sakho — Defender

I'm inclined to believe many of the TRP posters love him. I got him some 20 times for my sticker album so I think he'll do fine in Brazil.

Laurent Koscielny — Defender

Yet another player who sometimes starts for an English team. He could've stayed with the Polish team, but he did a reverse Perquis because no one wants to play for Poland really.

Raphaël Varane — Defender

Simeone wants to kill him.

Patrice Évra — Defender

Love him or hate him, he's Évra and he will go and talk to the ref about stuff.

Yohan Kebab — Midfielder

Hehe.

Blaise Matuidi — Midfielder

He's been playing for PSG for a while now as the token black player.

Moussa Sissoko — Midfielder

Haha Newcastle.

Paul Pogba — Midfielder

Everyone loves Paul Pogba. Except the Front National.

Clément Grenier — Midfielder

Great player stuck at a not-good team. When he's good, he's great.

Mathieu Valbuena — Attacker

Valbuena has a big head. He's good.

Loïc Rémy — Attacker

Something something Newcastle.

Frank Ribéry — Attacker

The face of a criminal and the legs of an artist, he's great and talks like a moron.

Antoine Griezmann — Attacker

He plays for Real (Sociedad).

Karim Benzema — Attacker

A big foreign myth who was great in France and terrible everywhere else.

Olivier Giroud — Attacker

A lovely foreign myth who was great in France and terrible everywhere else. All of the French gay pictures have something to do with him. It's weird.

Luckily for this bunch of self-centered idiots, football is dead, so they got a really easy group full of poo poo garbagemen:

There you go. No Gourcuff, no Gignac, no Nasri. This is a team with drama. This is a team with ego clashes. This is France.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Also, please post your best animes of French players tia.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
OP should have been this and nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUKEVU-TwM

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobSHa4QTsQ

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Great stuff, OP

thanks silvermeow

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

How did I forget this

Edit: also: we're gonna gently caress up in the groups.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 25, 2014

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
What ever became of Yoann Gourcuff? Few years ago he was all the talk of the town, then the talk turned to him being some massive spoiled moron.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

msj817 posted:

What ever became of Yoann Gourcuff? Few years ago he was all the talk of the town, then the talk turned to him being some massive spoiled moron.

he managed to injure himself recently while walking his dog

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I cant wait to watch Pogba pinging them in from 69 yards with unbelievable accuracy, and then for the wheels to fall off and the team to have a big argument and go on strike and get knocked out and go home in disgrace with unbelievable accuracy

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
France will struggle against Honduras and it will be amazing to watch.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
That's a decent loving team OP.
Still gonna crash out because *French*, but drat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the sex ghost posted:

I cant wait to watch Pogba pinging them in from 69 yards with unbelievable accuracy, and then for the wheels to fall off and the team to have a big argument and go on strike and get knocked out and go home in disgrace with unbelievable accuracy

This would be real good imo, wanna see Pogba do good things away from Juventus where I'm not allowed to enjoy it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

msj817 posted:

there was some insane rumor that his posh upbringing made him act a dick to all the insane and formerly poor members of the squad lol

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

If you're bored or something tonight you can watch France play against Norway in what will surely be 90 horrible minutes of football.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

euroboy posted:

If you're bored or something tonight you can watch France play against Norway in what will surely be 90 horrible minutes of football.

I'm going to this game, so it will no doubt be terrible.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hear the French love putting baguettes up their bum c/d?

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
Norway will have "Les Bleus" singing "The Blues" tonight, imho

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Unlikely, Norway is a team full of beta bitches.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Norwegian defense as charitable as always so far, France have done some kooky things in possession though.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Pogba is dreamy

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012

tetsman posted:

Norway is a team full of beta bitches.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gigi Galli posted:

This would be real good imo, wanna see Pogba do good things away from Juventus where I'm not allowed to enjoy it.

wish granted.

Pogba is pretty ridiculous but that was all poor defending and linesmaning imo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Spangly A posted:

wish granted.

Pogba is pretty ridiculous but that was all poor defending and linesmaning imo.

Our defense is garbage tbh our only remotely good defenders are Elyonoussi (not here) and to some extent Høgli but he's getting old and worse every game, also has to play on the left instead of his natural right. Since we also have zero strikers that can score goals I don't know why France wanted to play us right before the WC.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Ugh, just got in and I see this lot of pedophile beta frenchmen are beating the mighty Norway.

Must be rigged by Platini.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
that would've been a beautiful goal

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol if Høgli knew what he was doing in the box he could have just rolled that ball into goal, France's second keeper looks p. bad.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
drat nice goal

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
I appreciate that we're moving away from hoofball, but I don't know if forgetting everything you know about defending is a necessary first step

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

The No! Team posted:

I appreciate that we're moving away from hoofball, but I don't know if forgetting everything you know about defending is a necessary first step

Don't worry, we did that long before moving away from hoofball. Started with the amazing keeping mistakes against Greece/Turkey in the qualifiers all those years ago, got worse from that.

Nice shot by Giroud though, when gifted the chance.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
hahaha the norwegian defense is just horrible

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
Lol, Remy rapes the Norwegian defence, allegedly

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
valbuena is a good player and the norwegian defenders are doing nothing to stop him, this is just ridiculous

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Giroud a good player?!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tetsman posted:

valbuena is a good player and the norwegian defenders are doing nothing to stop him, this is just ridiculous

Valbuena owns and Im glad he's getting more time in this team.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Giroud a good player?!

Well he was literally just standing still for the entirety of the first half, but he can finish when given the chance.

Looks like the French coach recognized that we're complete dogshit on defense and the solution to killing the game was just not letting us have the ball ever, cue second half bumming.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
OK I've changed my monitor temperature and still can 'nazi' why Norway chose such a shirt design

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
I think I'll go watch some Hannibal episodes, make this a theme night

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I was at this game tonight because I happened to be in Paris for a couple of days. There was a chant that the fans kept doing where they'd stand and jump up and down. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the chant is in English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mickolution posted:

I was at this game tonight because I happened to be in Paris for a couple of days. There was a chant that the fans kept doing where they'd stand and jump up and down. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the chant is in English?

Bit generic this

• Locked thread