Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Norwegian defense as charitable as always so far, France have done some kooky things in possession though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Spangly A posted:

wish granted.

Pogba is pretty ridiculous but that was all poor defending and linesmaning imo.

Our defense is garbage tbh our only remotely good defenders are Elyonoussi (not here) and to some extent Høgli but he's getting old and worse every game, also has to play on the left instead of his natural right. Since we also have zero strikers that can score goals I don't know why France wanted to play us right before the WC.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol if Høgli knew what he was doing in the box he could have just rolled that ball into goal, France's second keeper looks p. bad.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

The No! Team posted:

I appreciate that we're moving away from hoofball, but I don't know if forgetting everything you know about defending is a necessary first step

Don't worry, we did that long before moving away from hoofball. Started with the amazing keeping mistakes against Greece/Turkey in the qualifiers all those years ago, got worse from that.

Nice shot by Giroud though, when gifted the chance.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Giroud a good player?!

Well he was literally just standing still for the entirety of the first half, but he can finish when given the chance.

Looks like the French coach recognized that we're complete dogshit on defense and the solution to killing the game was just not letting us have the ball ever, cue second half bumming.

• Locked thread