Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Hi OP, I don't think I missed this being covered before. You said your parents are unaware you are currently living as a woman, you have said there was no sexual weirdness when someone asked, or anything beyond a normal family, but that you do not talk to them because, "I am my own person now." Are you implying that adults who remain in contact with their parents are not "their own individuals" or something to that effect. Do you believe it is abnormal for an adult to completely cut contact with their family, or perhaps it can go either way, adults can be perfectly normal while choosing to communicate with their parents or not?

Why do you not communicate with your parents? What happened to create such a great rift in your family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

I dont remember what I meant by "I am my own person now". I dont think that people who are still attached to their families are the weird ones; I know im out of the norm for not talking to my family.

Id rather not say why I dont talk to my parents. Most of the rift was caused by my joining the military.

Lets not get too personal folks. :ohdear:

Sorry about being too personal, the thread title said anything. I believe that our youth has an effect on our adulthood and more info may help others understand where some of your decisions come from but I will not press further.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread