Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Argentina will never give up its rightful claim to the Malvinas Argentinas, which is called Falkland Islands by the imperialist monarchal pig dogs some call 'the British.' But first, they will try and win this world cup like they have done in the past (and more times than those ugly English fascists!).

Argentina is a big team. A team that can win things. A team that counts with great players. A team of mutant Spanish-speaking Italians with a great tradition of corruption and drug usage.

This man, arguably the best player to ever live, is the real spirit behind the team. The Hand of God, D10S, the fat coke addict. His ghost will carry Argentina to the final.

But who are the members of this great team?

Alejandro Sabella — Manager

Took over the team in 2011 after a series of disastrous games. His experience as Pasarella's assistant in 94-98 was probably valuable in handling a bunch of talented egomaniacs but what do I know?

Sergio Romero — Keeper

He's Monaco's keeper and is only 27. He always looks too young anyway, but he's doing fine. I mean he's probably not the best keeper out there but he will keep the goals out for some games.

Agustín Orión — Keeper
ORIOOOOON, Boca Junior's keeper. He won't play a single game.

Ezequiel Garay — Defender

Former Ñuls (Newell's Old Boys) and currently at Benfica, he's a workhorse who can score goals and destroy the British.

Pablo Zabaleta — Defender

He's so much better than the English that he's won the English Premier League more times than some of the defenders at the English national team I think.

Marcos Rojo — Defender

He plays in Portugal like many other Argentinian wastemen. Doesn't he look fat?

Federico Fernández — Defender

He plays in Italy like many other Argentinian wastemen.

Hugo Campagnaro — Defender

Something something Italy.

Martín Demichelis — Defender

So he was good with Manchester City turns out. Hmm.

Javier Mascherano — Defender/Midfielder

A violent thug who plays for Barcelona but some posters here like him because ~Liverpool dreams~

Fernando Gago — Midfielder

Has a funny last name. His time in Europe wasn't great and now he's back home playing for Boca.

Ángel Di María — Midfielder

A fast and skilled diving oval office who recently won the Champions League with Real Madrid.

Maxi Rodríguez — Midfielder

Everyone loves him and you all know why. Currently playing at Ñuls.

Lucas Biglia — Midfielder

Plays for Lazio. Dunno what else to say.

Ricardo Álvarez — Midfielder

Plays for Inter. Yawn.

Éver Banega — Midfielder

Ugly and still young, Banega has already won the U23 World Cup and the Olympic gold medal. He's not that great though, and has gravitated around different European and Argentinean teams.

Gonzalo Higuaín — Attacker

A great but unlucky player. Much better than known garbageman Benzema.

Lionel Messi — Attacker

Probably the best player in the world, but not as good as Maradona. He's short and skilled and vomits on the pitch form time to time.

Rodrigo Palacio — Attacker

I don't care for him.

Sergio Agüero — Attacker

A big oval office and a great attacker who's been at the top level ever since he was a kid. He married Maradona's daughter and then it became a big family feud. Imagine italomexicans yelling at each other.

Ezequiel Lavezzi — Attacker

He's a oval office but I rate him.

This team may win the World Cup. They will humiliate Brazil by winning the cup in the Maracana and Messi will score a goal with his hand against England. Football is alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Alternatively, replace the op with this: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/why-dont-the-argies-gently caress-off.493443/

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Falklands are English, as is the 2014 world cup

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Solid op. Imagine if Argentina actually produced wingers or full backs, phwoar

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Les Malouines sont françaises.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

tetsman posted:

Lucas Biglia — Midfielder

Plays for Lazio. Dunno what else to say.

garbageman GARBAGEMAN GARBAGEMAN

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Argentina are cheats. A nation of cheats and frauds. They're a disgrace to world football and should be banned for life

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sabella is Messi's puppet. Tevez wasn't called up because the midget doesn't like him. It is known.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I honestly reckon Argentina would be worth a sneaky bet, were the trophy not coming home. Sadly the closest you'll get to it is when we parade it around the falklands after their billionth succesful "remain British" referendum that the dirty argies will ignore.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Spangly A posted:

I honestly reckon Argentina would be worth a sneaky bet, were the trophy not coming home. Sadly the closest you'll get to it is when we parade it around the falklands after their billionth succesful "remain British" referendum that the dirty argies will ignore.

i'll have you know that "one penguin one vote" is the best way to run an election.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

*reads the description of messi and crosses out tetsman on the good lads list*

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegay posted:

*reads the description of messi and crosses out tetsman on the good lads list*

it's tongue in cheek!!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Drogadon posted:

Sabella is Messi's puppet. Tevez wasn't called up because the midget doesn't like him. It is known.

While this is true, I think its also because of the payment issue that Tevez moaned about because the Argentinian guy who's name I forget is insanely corrupt

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Jose posted:

While this is true, I think its also because of the payment issue that Tevez moaned about because the Argentinian guy who's name I forget is insanely corrupt

Julio Grondona.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I was just wondering how the gently caress Banega made the cut.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Ricky "Ricky" Alvarez looked less of a garbageman this season but is still a garbageman.

Lucas Biglia is poo poo.

Campagnaro is a oval office but I like his style.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Agustin Orion likes to make friends everywhere he plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oe_hL9FRVE

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The Messi song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuuGL3htj0M

nowhere near as good as the Zlatan song

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Was Taters posted:

I was just wondering how the gently caress Banega made the cut.

A mere cut wasn't enough, so he used heavy machinery

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Reminder that Ever Banega once ran himself over

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Martin Demichelis is going to add the World Cup to his League Cup and Premier League title because he's awesome and brilliant.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Why hasn't any defender pulled Palacio's stupid disgusting rat-tail off his loving head yet

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Argentina's 23

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero, Mariano Andújar, Agustín Orión.

Defense: Pablo Zabaleta, Ezequiel Garay, Federico Fernández, Martín Demichelis, Marcos Rojo, José María Basanta, Hugo Campagnaro.

Midfield: Javier Mascherano, Fernando Gago, Lucas Biglia, Ángel Di María, Maxi Rodríguez, Augusto Fernández, Enzo Pérez y Ricardo Álvarez.

Attack: Lionel Messi, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Sergio Agüero, Rodrigo Palacio, Gonzalo Higuaín.

Out: Banega, Sosa and Otamendi.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I thought Otamendi was one of the only good defenders Argentina had but I guess *stares at squad* Basanta is real good as well??

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Otamendi and Banega were always considered in the group of players with a secure spot in the squad. It's strange Sabella choose an injured Fernandez or Perez over Banega.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Otamendi hasn't played for most of the season, he had a fallout with Porto's coach and was sold to Valencia but could only play for them next season, so he was sidelined. Argentina's defense is absolutely awful, no way they get anywhere near the trophy.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Otamendi hasn't played for most of the season, he had a fallout with Porto's coach and was sold to Valencia but could only play for them next season, so he was sidelined. Argentina's defense is absolutely awful, no way they get anywhere near the trophy.

Otamendi has been playing in Brazil, and playing very well. He was probably the only bright spot (along with Victor) in this year's Atletico Mineiro Libertadores run.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I knew he had been loaned out but had no idea he was a starter in Brazil, he's pretty good but I guess the manager wanted more experience and locker room presence with Demichelis and Campagnaro as backups. Garay and Fernandez are the starters anyway right?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Yes, they should be the starters.

The funny thing is that media in Belo Horizonte was pretty sure that he was going to be in the final 23 man squad. The Argentine team will be staying in Atletico Mineiro's training center and whenever Argentinean representatives would go over to arrange things Otamendi would be there, so he seemed pretty involved in things.

It is a shame, too. Not only is Otamendi pretty good, but holy crap does he play with heart. He became a fan favorite at Atletico because he would go full out even in meaningless state league games.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5XJlJzFZU

World's greatest player ever.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol that's Torres level bad

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Looks like Messi didn't put any effort and the defender crossed it just before the ball reaches him.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Argentina are now playing Slovenia, who I think were in the last world cup, unless I'm getting them confused with Slovakia. 1-0 at the half.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Food Court Druid posted:

Argentina are now playing Slovenia, who I think were in the last world cup, unless I'm getting them confused with Slovakia. 1-0 at the half.

They were both in South Africa, op

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Argentina about to sub on Aguero, Messi, Di Maria, and Gago. Nice, drat nice.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nice dive by a dwarf. I may have that cd, btw.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Messi puking again.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

drat, that was some stuff right there. This is a team that can win it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Argentina were hopeless in the Falklands war they got a proper spanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Slovenia are now doing some hilarious dives.

• Locked thread