Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Lamadrid posted:

Now this is not new for me since I have spent the past 20 years watching this team embarrass itself in spectacular fashion.Chipre,Northern Island,France 98 or Germany 2006 come to mind.

This is what most people will fail to realize. It's been milk and honey for 6 years, but i would imagine only the very, very young in Spain will be inconsolable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

url posted:

Welcome to England, enjoy your stay.

I can't think of a country that Spain is closest to in character. All that was needed was the single star above the crest.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Peel posted:

I don't follow football outside the WC, is there something to the whole 'they doped then stopped and so lost' thing or is it just a running joke?

Wikipedia has some information.

It originated from substantiated evidence in the sport of Cycling.

Another BBC article.

Meh.

• Locked thread