Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Elliptical Dick posted:

Dutch media are reporting de Gea got injured to the butt during training.

He's going to be out at least for the group stage. Clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Casillas had his head done in by being benched in La Liga, that's all there is to it. He'll bounce back next season, as seeing how he committed his future to the club it probably means Perez will push for him to play regularly again. He'll be back for the Euros and probably retire from international football then.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

BIMSTAR posted:

I remember World Cups starting from Italy '90, and I still somehow remember Spain to be a team that has a good player or two, or Raul being the "young hope" of Spanish football. I was happy when Spain managed to win the Euro Cup 6 years ago, but I'm now just as happy to see Spain fall: it's always refreshing and fun to see the giants fail.

Considering Spain were the perennial also-runs and the team that always seemed to have the players but could never win it, they've really done well for themselves and squeezed everything they could out of their golden generation. Countless others had the players and the teams but never quite reached the heights. It always sucks to lose, but I'd take "two world wars and one world cup" and that gold star over "oh yeah, I remember when you were third once or twice" any day of the week.

• Locked thread